• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What you giving up for Luko tho contracted till 2026.

Will be expensive

Given how our best performers skews young if trade cost is some draft picks they wont be missed

Contract expense harder to gauge

Gold coast have a bunch of picks already and seeking ready to go players

Obviously players have to agree to a trade plus an overlap of being expendable to us but having value for gold coast

They want small forwards, Wicks perhaps, konstanty? Lloyd, even Vickery or Mitchell might be of interest, ladhams if we reckon mcandrew(& McLean/amartey) can cover till green gets up to speed.

If Rioli does want to join gold coast maybe we could make it a multi club trade, Richmond could use some alternatives to draft picks with the amount of turnover they look to be having, players would accept a trade there

Given how our best performers skews young if trade cost is some draft picks they wont be missed

Contract expense harder to gauge

Gold coast have a bunch of picks already and seeking ready to go players

Obviously players have to agree to a trade plus an overlap of being expendable to us but having value for gold coast

They want small forwards, Wicks perhaps, konstanty? Lloyd, even Vickery or Mitchell might be of interest, ladhams if we reckon mcandrew(& McLean/amartey) can cover till green gets up to speed.

If Rioli does want to join gold coast maybe we could make it a multi club trade, Richmond could use some alternatives to draft picks with the amount of turnover they look to be having, players would accept a trade there
Campbell?

Luko dropped for GCS, surely that is hinting on something potentially lowering his value a little. I think he goes home to Adelaide anyway

Throw the absolute kitchen sink at Buku Khamis and Jack Steele.
Steele past his best. Khamis more interesting but does he have a higher ceiling than Edwards or Snell? Of course we don't know.
Still don't know why we haven't used Hamling. If he's third in line next year and Edwards 4th that might be enough.

I follow Gold Coast very closely. Lukosius is a very underwhelming footballer and the Suns will make off like bandits if they get anywhere near what people seem to think he's worth.

I'd prefer Ryan out of those two. Would be cheaper and is a previous All-Austtalian. Luko hasn't shown anything to suggest he'll ever reach that standard.

Don't think either are what we need though. Hayward's our medium forward and he's better than both of them at the moment. Parker and Heeney can play a similar role and are also better than both of them.

If we were looking to improve our forward line, a contested marking KPF would be the only thing worth looking at IMO.

I follow Gold Coast very closely. Lukosius is a very underwhelming footballer and the Suns will make off like bandits if they get anywhere near what people seem to think he's worth.

I'd prefer Ryan out of those two. Would be cheaper and is a previous All-Austtalian. Luko hasn't shown anything to suggest he'll ever reach that standard.

Don't think either are what we need though. Hayward's our medium forward and he's better than both of them at the moment. Parker and Heeney can play a similar role and are also better than both of them.

If we were looking to improve our forward line, a contested marking KPF would be the only thing worth looking at IMO.
Agree.
Mills and McInerney can also play that HF role as well so it isn't a desperate need.
As far as I know there are no readymade KPFs on the market so I hope we are able to get a good one in the draft and that Buller comes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Key forward I'm not too concerned about yet. There's improvement left in McDonald and hopefully Amartey too. A key back is looking more and more like a must. Also could use another small, pressure forward.

You can see why the recruiters have tried to go for even just a good KPD the last few years, it is hard to get one.

Once Rampe calls it a day... those are going to be some big shoes to fill.
Ports list manager copped a bit for how hard he went for Zerk-Thatcher and Ratugolea but you can see why he was so keen for them. Just hard to find a good tall back

Said this a few months ago and was laughed down, but I would genuinely look at taking a risk on Tom Lynch.

Maybe we overpay a bit in the trade and richmond pay some/all of his salary. But I think it would be a risk worth taking and if we got him fit, he would be a massive upgrade in the forward line.

Whether he would want to move interstate is another question.

Said this a few months ago and was laughed down, but I would genuinely look at taking a risk on Tom Lynch.

Maybe we overpay a bit in the trade and richmond pay some/all of his salary. But I think it would be a risk worth taking and if we got him fit, he would be a massive upgrade in the forward line.

Whether he would want to move interstate is another question.

Isnt his body breaking down tho?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back