2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Sid is the surest thing in the draft, he will be good to great player and least likely to bust.
I’d like him and his SA mate Dodson.
If we got those 2 I don’t even care what else happens.
Dodson looks like the second coming of Dean Cox to me.

Put all the scuttlebut together, rather hopefully I admit below would be ideal I reckon. Don’t think we have much of a shot at Hynes, Hannerford or Hotton reaching our 3rd pick but one can dream.

Also think Melb are pretty likely to take Reid which throws it all out.

1. J. Smith - Rich
2. H. Langford - Rich (Nth-Swap)
3. F. O’Sullivan - WC
4. S. Draper - Adel
5. H. Armstrong - Melb
6. A. Tauru - Nth (Rich-Swap) (GC-Rioli)
7. S. Lalor - Stk
8. M. Reid - Stk (B1-Battle)
9. J. Shanahan - Ess
10. J. Faull - Rich (Fre-Bolton)
11. J. Smilie - Rich (Fre-Baker)
12. X. Lindsay - Carl
13. T. Travaglia - Port (Carl via GC-Houston)
14. B. Allen - WC (Haw-Barrass)
15. J. Berry - GWS
16. T. Hotton - WB (Geel-Smith)
17. L. Trainor - North (Swap Rich) (Frem-Bolton)
18. T. Sims - Rich (Bris-Points)
19. J. Whitlock - Syd
20. M. Whitlock - Syd
21. L. Jaques - GWS (B2-Perryman)
22. C. Hynes - Rich
23. H. Oliver - NM
24. H. O’Farrell - WC
25. O. Hannerford - Stk
26. A. Dodson - Adel
27. H. Davis - Fre

Another 10+ guys you’d be thrilled with not even on the list..

Put all the scuttlebut together, rather hopefully I admit below would be ideal I reckon. Don’t think we have much of a shot at Hynes, Hannerford or Hotton reaching our 3rd pick but one can dream.

1. J. Smith - Rich
3. F. O’Sullivan - WC
4. S. Draper - Adel
5. H. Armstrong - Melb
7. S. Lalor - Stk
9. J. Shanahan - Ess
12. X. Lindsay - Carl
15. J. Berry - GWS
19. J. Whitlock - Syd
20. M. Whitlock - Syd
22. C. Hynes - Rich
23. H. Oliver - NM
24. H. O’Farrell - WC
25. O. Hannerford - Stk
26. A. Dodson - Adel
27. H. Davis - Fre

Personally would love for Jack Whitlock to slip to our 3rd pick.
If we have and two top ten mids, it would be prudent to look for a key position player.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

1. J. Smith - Rich
3. F. O’Sullivan - WC
4. S. Draper - Adel
5. H. Armstrong - Melb
7. S. Lalor - Stk
9. J. Shanahan - Ess
12. X. Lindsay - Carl
15. J. Berry - GWS
19. J. Whitlock - Syd
20. M. Whitlock - Syd
22. C. Hynes - Rich
23. H. Oliver - NM
24. H. O’Farrell - WC
25. O. Hannerford - Stk
26. A. Dodson - Adel
27. H. Davis - Fre

So Lalor/Smillie/Lindsey/Travaglia/Hannaford
That would be awesome.

1. J. Smith - Rich
3. F. O’Sullivan - WC
4. S. Draper - Adel
5. H. Armstrong - Melb
7. S. Lalor - Stk
9. J. Shanahan - Ess
12. X. Lindsay - Carl
15. J. Berry - GWS
19. J. Whitlock - Syd
20. M. Whitlock - Syd
22. C. Hynes - Rich
23. H. Oliver - NM
24. H. O’Farrell - WC
25. O. Hannerford - Stk
26. A. Dodson - Adel
27. H. Davis - Fre

That's the best summary of what might happen, be a few ffdps involved for those trades to eventuate.

If we get Lalor and dealers choice over Smilie Reid etc then that's as good ad it gets.

If we can get another pick in the teens from GCS or Blues as part of Houston deal our FFRdp as axswapbinto this years draft and thus get a Hotton or Lindsay or Travaglia we are laughing.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. J. Smith - Rich
3. F. O’Sullivan - WC
4. S. Draper - Adel
5. H. Armstrong - Melb
7. S. Lalor - Stk
9. J. Shanahan - Ess
12. X. Lindsay - Carl
15. J. Berry - GWS
19. J. Whitlock - Syd
20. M. Whitlock - Syd
22. C. Hynes - Rich
23. H. Oliver - NM
24. H. O’Farrell - WC
25. O. Hannerford - Stk
26. A. Dodson - Adel
27. H. Davis - Fre

A great effort and taking out the early FS & NGA picks makes it look a whole heap tidier. It really does highlight how exciting this draft is going to be for the club, there are so many possibilities and they all have significant positives for us going forward.

The clubs we are trading with will be desparately trying to get pick #24 from us, but I think we can get the deals done without giving it up.

Gee, Taj Hotton, been compared to Chris Judd & might have been no.1 pick, if not for the knee injury. Smells of one of those missed opportunities & he lives down the road. Might be worth keeping Ollie for 1 more season to unite the brother's

A fair bit of projection going on. He looked very good but without being able to see him in the champs and under more scrutiny we don't know what he is going to be like. His run was a weapon and his knee going probably puts that back a fair way now.

Whoever gets him is going to gamble that he does end up a star but he's probably a gamble around pick 12 to 18 not a high pick. Take the hyperbole out and he's more a potential top 10 pick with a serious knee injury that has unexposed form. Could be a star or could be another Aiden Boner.

With Luke Trainor missing through injury, Hofmann played a key role in disrupting the Rebels attacking moves, roaming across the defensive line or setting up down the line a kick from the play and taking intercept marks or spoiling his opponents marking attempts. His bodywork and strength in 1v1 marking contests was especially impressive, and he was composed and constructive with ball in hand.

With Luke Trainor missing through injury, Hofmann played a key role in disrupting the Rebels attacking moves, roaming across the defensive line or setting up down the line a kick from the play and taking intercept marks or spoiling his opponents marking attempts. His bodywork and strength in 1v1 marking contests was especially impressive, and he was composed and constructive with ball in hand.

Has a nice kick on him. Cheers for the highlights package.

thanks for this, looks really good, third tall eventual battle replacement. Can take a mark and a good leg on him. Only 13 touches but from the looks of things it wasn't down there much. I may be mistaken but if he's replaced trainor and is flourishing it indicates he's been ready just needed an opportunity, which is great for us as he won't get bid on early

There was a fair bit of Wilkie about the performance - he is possibly the most likely of all of the three to get bid on now.

There was a fair bit of Wilkie about the performance - he is possibly the most likely of all of the three to get bid on now.
I was thinking the same thing re the Wilkie comparison. Not sure what will happen with him, Cole and Peckett. Draft gurus aren’t giving any of them much attention. It would be nice if they all got to the rookie draft.

He looks good!! Great 1v1 contests!!

Reminds me of josh battle

What's his height?

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back