Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing crowd for the weather. Sydney derby has definitely grown in last few years. They could all be locks for 40k+ at SCG and 20k+ at Engie going forward.

2nd biggest crowd ever for a derby match at SCG. The record crowd for our derby at the SCG was 40,350, so without the rain we would have smashed that record.

40,337 at the SCG. Excellent crowd, and shows that people will turn up despite bad weather for anticipated matches.
With that huge crowd it looks like not that many didn't turn up!

The SCG allegedly still holds 48,000 but I doubt it now holds anywhere that amount more like 43 - 44,000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It won’t happen in my lifetime, but a 30,000 seat arena in Melbourne makes so much sense for a big chunk of games and have a ripping atmosphere.

We talk about the viability of ten Melbourne clubs, well a 28-32K capacity stadium might just be the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It won’t happen in my lifetime, but a 30,000 seat arena in Melbourne makes so much sense for a big chunk of games and have a ripping atmosphere.

We talk about the viability of ten Melbourne clubs, well a 28-32K capacity stadium might just be the answer.

Nah, Fans just have to embrace Docklands more and actually turn up. No reason why any game can't get 35k+ there.

Yeah won't happen now coz the afl own marvel, so wouldn't wanna take events away from their own venue as it will cost money. I agree it would be cool though, not sure where a good location would be if it ever did happen.

Can't be doing that when the grand final is locked into the MCG. Teams need to play there, even low drawing ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back