2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been some recent consternation about Richmond playing hardball with Fremantle on the Shai Bolton trade, refusing to accept a very generous 10+18 offer. I suggest the Suns do something radical.

Gold Coast should collude with Fremantle to prevent strong-arming from Richmond. If Freo and the Suns back out of their dealings with Richmond at the same time, the Tigers will panic since they don't actually want to keep Rioli and Bolton at this stage since they need picks.

1728565653842.jpeg

In fairness The_Gun was being fairly polite, just because some Richmond nuffs were rude it doesn't mean you should start throwing hands on sight.
I tend to agree.....to me, he doesn't come over as dis-respectful.....sure he has his opinion and it might differ from a lot on this board........but geez, my opinion differs a lot from others on this board.......
If he's being an a*se, then the Mods will deal with him.

In fairness The_Gun was being fairly polite, just because some Richmond nuffs were rude it doesn't mean you should start throwing hands on sight.

I tend to agree.....to me, he doesn't come over as dis-respectful.....sure he has his opinion and it might differ from a lot on this board........but geez, my opinion differs a lot from others on this board.......
If he's being an a*se, then the Mods will deal with him.

Full marks lads <3

This discourse happens every year and it's always a crock of shit. You cannot gauge a drafts strength 12 months out, the amount of players who come on late in the last 6-7 months of their draft year and the kids who slide from top 5 pick worthy 12 months out is always huge. Clayton Oliver didn't make any Vic Country teams and 12 weeks out from the draft looked like a top 30 pick or so, players always develop or hit form late.

Levi has retired it was just announced.
Prob was told he wasn't gonna get a contract.
Extended his career longer than I thought.

Wrong thread I know but hats off to this man.

Was always a whipping boy at Carlton I thought.

Really enjoyed his GCS revival. Gave 1000%.

This discourse happens every year and it's always a crock of shit. You cannot gauge a drafts strength 12 months out, the amount of players who come on late in the last 6-7 months of their draft year and the kids who slide from top 5 pick worthy 12 months out is always huge. Clayton Oliver didn't make any Vic Country teams and 12 weeks out from the draft looked like a top 30 pick or so, players always develop or hit form late.
I am also always amused when they say draftee x plays like insert superstar y

Finn O’Sullivan 181cm midfielder plays like Bont
Bont, now there’s a player you would give 6 & 13 for

UnLess you are Geelong which would say 15 is all we have and you must accept while arguing the Ratigolia is totally worth a 1st rounder 😉

This exactly. These opinions are based on their Vic teams getting smoked in the 17s practice matches at Werribee pre afl finals

WA meant to be strong next year, Allies going to be awesome. Plus Sharp from SA is basically the pick 1 or 2. Where you look at the draft this year. 27 of the top 30 played Vic C or M. And they were the top 2 u18s teams

The AFL hasn’t really caught up on “this guy plays on a crappy team but is awesome”. Ant Edwards terrible Georgia team but goes pick 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been some recent consternation about Richmond playing hardball with Fremantle on the Shai Bolton trade, refusing to accept a very generous 10+18 offer. I suggest the Suns do something radical.

Gold Coast should collude with Fremantle to prevent strong-arming from Richmond. If Freo and the Suns back out of their dealings with Richmond at the same time, the Tigers will panic since they don't actually want to keep Rioli and Bolton at this stage since they need picks.

View attachment 2137626
Please Lord let this come to pass, how delicious would that be to have Richmond stuck with two ageing players when they could’ve had three top 10 picks. How much is an almost 29 year-old Rioli worth next year, packet of chips, seal broken?

Please Lord let this come to pass, how delicious would that be to have Richmond stuck with two ageing players when they could’ve had three top 10 picks. How much is an almost 29 year-old Rioli worth next year, packet of chips, seal broken?
Why do you keep running this narrative that Rioli is old? He is 27 ffs, he isn't 32 and on the down turn, literally in the peak of his career.

You really enjoy trade period😂

Deals will get done.

That was incredible for us, now we don’t have to trade 13 to Collingwood. Port will get their 1st rounder off Carlton and Luko gets done for F1 separately.

Melbournes Future First for 13 come on down 👍👍
100%

29 for Noble
13 for Melbourne's future first
6 for Rioli
23 for Lombard points if needed or ideally futures

Job done :whitecheck:

I still wouldn't mind if we trade back in after the Lombard bid and get a small forward.

100%

29 for Noble
13 for Melbourne's future first
6 for Rioli
23 for Lombard points if needed or ideally futures

Job done :whitecheck:

I still wouldn't mind if we trade back in after the Lombard bid and get a small forward.
North Melbourne offered there future first for 13

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back