List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how Martin Fredericks is going this year at Sturt?

His stats sheet says he’s averaging 19 disposals at 86% disposal efficiency. Elite pace from memory, and could be a cheap pickup.

Brother of the Freo one?

About the same disposal efficiency as Parish, who everyone is having an absolute thunderwank over.

And slightly above Seb Ross, who’s role he would probably usurp, being younger and faster.

Is a potential matchwinner.

For the right price, I don’t see why not.
The wank fest over Parish is probably more about being able to get him for free more than anything.

Sent from my CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can understand why, he was on SEN earlier this week and he clearly is the ultimate professional. You'd love to have players like him at your club to drive standards.

I liked his game too, real grunt but has some X factor. He has something about him that is intangible.

What I would do to give this side a 25 year old Jeremy McGovern at CHB

Your mate St Cicatriz was trying to get the Saints on to him while he was an apprentice roofer or something from memory. Think he might have contacted the club. Would have got us Liam Ryan too.

What I would do to give this side a 25 year old Jeremy McGovern at CHB

It's why I wish we were after Harry Himmelberg. His work at CHB is nothing short of elite and it never gets talked about.

That's why they look similar. There was a minute there that I thought he'd moved to Port and I hadn't noticed.

Has athletic traits that really vibe with the RTB game plan, and is a natural run and carry player with good defensive instincts. A little undersized but could push/complement Butler on a good day I reckon.

The wank fest over Parish is probably more about being able to get him for free more than anything.

It also stymies Essendon in the McKay deal as they wouldn’t get compo, one less fool likely to offer enough for Roos to get pick 2 too.

1692572345161.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d take Parish everyday of the week over the likes of Ross and Clark.

Anyone thinking he isn’t a very good midfielder has rocks in their head

Anyone know how Martin Fredericks is going this year at Sturt?

His stats sheet says he’s averaging 19 disposals at 86% disposal efficiency. Elite pace from memory, and could be a cheap pickup.

Was it the Unpluggered Podcast that mentioned our interest in Fredericks (stated like it was fact). I assumed they meant the Freo version.

His numbers are comparable to some past greats in their first seasons and those guys were probably seeing more midfield time. Phillipou shouldering the half forward role with Mitchito most of the season. Incredible effort for an 18 year old.

Pendles avg 13 disposals
Bont avg 15 disposals
Fyfe avg 16 disposals
Phillipou avg 13 disposals
This kid has such enormous upside. I think people think poorly because he does look like an under 18 playing seniors. Not only is he very young in the year, but he’s also got more development on a few levels. But, his game awareness, his hands in tight, overhead marking, kicking…. We know that he has some very decent leg speed for his size, I also just think he’s running in mud a bit. Would have rathered he had a week off somewhere.

For me, the proof in the pudding is that some very good coaches are backing him in there. They know what they have. I also recall Dogs supporters (albeit earlier in the season than now) complaining about Bont.

Last edited:

That's a completely false economy though, because the probable cost of his contract means we likely lose out on other targets.

This kid has such enormous upside. I think people think poorly because he does look like an under 18 playing seniors. Not only is he very young in the year, but he’s also got more development on a few levels. But, his game awareness, his hands in tight, overhead marking, kicking…. We know that he has some very decent leg speed for his size, I also just think he’s running in mud a bit. Would have fathered he had a week off somewhere.

For me, the proof in the pudding is that some very good coaches are backing him in there. They know what they have. I also recall Dogs supporters (albeit earlier in the season than now) complaining about Bont.

I remember 3 or 4 years of complaints about BJ Goddard, he turned out ok in the end.

The Essendon board on BF want him gone..

That probably means he'd be a very good pickup

He's genuinely a problem in their midfield. We rightly crap on our midfield but Merrett, Parish, Caldwell, Hobbs, etc, is just as bad. Much more talented, much less likely to put a stop to the bleeding when things don't go their way. The pick is worth more to them than Parish.
He makes sense for us cause he'd be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back