List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Curtin is supposed to be the best defender in the draft by far, carlton took weitering with their first, hardly unprecedented to take a rop defender, the obvious exception to this is when ess took mcgrath with thier first, what the hell were they thinking???

Let's not use Carlton as the benchmark for successful rebuilds.

This isn't going to be popular, but Howe gets another year.

Was important in the clinches in the win, yes makes howlers too, will verey soon be replaced by far better kids.

But until Wardlaw and the kids we get this year are a bit more seasoned, there's a clear role on the list for him.

Especially with the amount of experience going out.

Was important in the clinches in the win, yes makes howlers too, will verey soon be replaced by far better kids.

But until Wardlaw and the kids we get this year are a bit more seasoned, there's a clear role on the list for him.

He's been told he's done.

Hope we are talking to Sean Darcy's management

Funny you say that. Had similar thoughts, that if you were approaching the last game without bias - he played well.

His surprising height for a utilitys make him quite handy as he's very "traditional" North Melbourne in doing everything to the best of his ability.

I honestly haven't really understood the whipping boy stuff for him.
He's been fairly solid, some mistakes sure but everyone has this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if we retain Howe to play the third KPD, even if Logue has no setbacks with his recovery he is going to miss half of next season. We should elevate Dawson and play him at FB, Corr is no good as a FB imo and Howe has the versatility that he can play on a medium. Bonar is another option but he seems to get injured a lot.

He murdered us in a number of games with turnovers, I can understand the fixation, you need reliable ball users down back. Young went through a similar phase in his first year. He was a bit unfortunate that he got mostly overlooked this year.

He murdered us in a number of games with turnovers, I can understand the fixation, you need reliable ball users down back. Young went through a similar phase in his first year. He was a bit unfortunate that he got mostly overlooked this year.
Tackles well and runs extremely hard but was bin juice in decision making and by foot.

Probably cost us a couple of goals a game and usually at crucial times that swung momentum completely to the opposition side..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whipping boy status is because just about everyone on our list makes mistakes and at some point if we're going to be a half decent team, let alone a premiership contender, we have to move past bringing is players like Howe who contribute to our collective lack of skills.

The notification came in from the club about Eddie's RS and I was on the edge of my seat to see why I was hearing from the club so early. I think I will jump every time a notification happens this week with our list decisions being made especially with Todd.

The whipping boy status is because just about everyone on our list makes mistakes and at some point if we're going to be a half decent team, let alone a premiership contender, we have to move past bringing is players like Howe who contribute to our collective lack of skills.
Howe has done well to squeeze another year out of his career and now joins the select group who have achieved the elite whipping boy status at two clubs.

He wasn't brought in to help us win games. Wasn't brought in to improve skill, nor to be around for the next flag. and neither was Shiel.
They were brought in to address a far greater problem plaguing our club for years. So that our lazy youngsters understand what training standards, defensive running, and giving 110% looks like.

It is a list spot, something taken off them until they earn it back, motivated to claim it if they can meet those same standards off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back