Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloods 12th Blues 11th

Marn Grook Key Timings

4pm Gates Open​
5.50pm Collaborative artwork and First Nations artefacts on Driver Ave​
6.30pm Smoking Ceremony and performers on Driver Ave​
7.30pm Welcome to Country and on-field performance from Gamay Dancers and TSI Dance Group​
7.50pm First Bounce​
Half Time Performance by Mitch Tambo​

Post Game Presentation of Marn Grook Trophy and Goodes-O’Loughlin Medal​

Weather: Donza

Team Changes:

Bloods:
Outs:
W.Gould (Omitted), D.Stephens (Omitted), P.Ladhams (Injured), A.Sheldrick (Sub)
In: L.Melican, T.Hickey, S.Wicks
Emergency: Will Gould, Angus Sheldrick, Corey Warner, Dylan Stephens

Blues:
Outs:
Le.Young (Omitted), E.Curnow (Omitted), J.Silvagni (Omitted)
In: B.Kemp, T.De Konin
Emergency: Ed Curnow, Jack Silvagni, Lewis Young, Lachie Fogarty

Umpires
Justin Power (4), Matt Stevic (9), Robert O'Gorman (10), Hayden Gavine (14)​
AFL Match Centre

Broadcast Details:
Channel 7, Foxtel Channel 504 7pm on Channel 504, hosted by Sarah Jones with Jason Dunstall, David King, Ben Dixon, Alastair Lynch and Jon Ralph​
Foxtel asks:​
Swans’ burning question: How do they stop Charlie and Harry?
Blues’ burning question: They can’t lose ... can they?

Team Stats:
footywire
2023 round 11 team stats.jpg

Will Heeney be spending more time in the mids (from Wednesday night under lights?)

Fw7sd74acAA4ge2

Will Buddy become the fourth all time goal kicker?

Round 23, 2017 at the SCG, Buddy kicked 10 goals
Enjoy your 50th Chad
Fw3u8-XaMAEBsoN

#ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods 1685004362090.png

Bloods by 23 points

Unpopular opinion - but in my view, Wicks didn’t perform at a level in the VFL last week that would justify selection.

The “manic pressure” (which seems to have become accepted gospel here) wasn’t on display. He was ….. meh.

Players take a while coming back from a long layoff & I was a bit surprised he’s an “in” this week.

PS: Stevic again. Why?!?!

Last edited:
Will be a close game first quarter and a bit will decide the game. Media have their pitchforks aimed at Carlton but if we can hold them level then Carlton will do Carlton things..

Swans by 13 after leading at 3qt by 30

Oh dear, we are at risk of almighty smiting.

I reckon Rampe must move from stations behind each goal so he can organise the backline. With his loud direction Melican may be useful.

Hopefully we find some contested footy mojo inc at clearances. Hope our mids have worked on reading BigMac‘s palming. When he gets first touch which he should against Pittance and TKO we could get a bit of an advantage. Am worried about Hickey who will still be underdone.

Our goal kicking improved last week but it will be tough in the predicted conditions. Every chance must be taken, especially as we will not enjoy an I50 advantage. Our smalls and mids must apply a lot of pressure inside 50 to allow potential scoring and to prevent rebound.

Obviously we have limited personnel and the 22 has a number of players whose main strength is negation - None of Clarke, Francis, Wicks, Rowbottom, Melican have an attacking bone in their bodies. Am guessing Horse will instruct to their strengths. This means others must use their attacking flair to give us a chance.

Even though Carlton is near full strength they still carry a lot more C Graders than we do And some of their A Graders are down on form (eg Weitering, McKay and their mids). Our quality players must be at the top of their games. One advantage e have is that the Blues are slow.

Given our performance against against a very poor team last week there should not be cause for optimism and yet I now find myself talking up the chances of a win.

If our midfield can shut theirs down, we will win. But if it's like last week, their tall forwards will dominate.

We need to scrappy in the middle and just win the ball, and get good inside 50s, lowering the eyes and finding targets rather than bombing it in there.

We can win this, but we need to gel well.

Not sure the 59 brownlow counts, but yeah, he's probably got it covered I'd say. Damn he must have been good.

is he available tonight 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly don’t see how we win this at all. Curnow and McKay will have a field day especially if the Carlton mids waltz it out of the middle.

Swans to play another out of form team Back into form

Carlton by 35-60
I hate it when I agree with this kind of post.

Rain could be helpful, but if it’s dry - they just look to outclass us at both ends.

I honestly don’t see how we win this at all. Curnow and McKay will have a field day especially if the Carlton mids waltz it out of the middle.

Swans to play another out of form team Back into form

Carlton by 35-60
Carlton are one of the worst teams in the comp.

Some of their games I've watched. Ye gods.

Only just in front of west coast for effort, disconnected and lacking trust.

Carlton are one of the worst teams in the comp.

Some of their games I've watched. Ye gods.

Only just in front of west coast for effort, disconnected and lacking trust.
You’ve seen us play this year right? And the absolute broken down system we have in the midfield + then lack of anything in defence.

You’ve seen us play this year right?
Watched around 95% of games played this season. Across all teams.

The last 6 games (with the exception of WC witches hats) the blues have played have been stinky.

Its why there is so much pressure on Voss and the playing group.

Watched around 95% of games played this season. Across all teams.

The last 6 games (with the exception of WC witches hats) the blues have played have been stinky.

Its why there is so much pressure on Voss and the playing group.
I hope you’re right and I’m absolutely wrong of course but unfortunately I just don’t see us winning tonight.

But Donza if we win, I allow you to refer back to my post and give me hell :)

Go bloods

Apparently Swans have only conceded 6.4 points per game from centre bounce clearances this year… number one in the AFL.

Meanwhile Carlton since Round 7 is number one scorer from centre bounce clearances (32.4%)
But but.
I thought we had the worst defensive CB setup in the comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back