2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rozee and Butters will both be guns. Georgiadis will be very good along with Jones who they will get this year. They have the talent to replace the older guys. Maybe pick up one or 2 free agents in the next few years, I think they are still top 8 material.

I hear that alot with Rozee and Butters. They are already really good players but people just expect that they will keep improving. Their output at the moment might be close to as good as they get which is high level but doesn't mean they take over from Boak and Gray in the midfield.

Wines is a classic example that some players burst on the scene and then platau. As we have seen with Rozee this year it's not a gradual accent for the next ten years.

That aside despite Boak not doing much last night he has been their best player by a long way this season.

It is good to see the old Port persecution complex is alive and well. Claim robbed blind by umps despite getting more frees, focus on the out of bounds free against Hartlett which was 100% correct and consistent given the way the game was umpired.

I also liked how Ken "can't remember" the 2014 prelim. No wonder they didn't learn from it.
It was also a sccop by HH. Should have been paid a throw.

When the chips were.down and the win was there to take, guys like Dixon and Boak, Darcy BJ were not good enough to get it done. Boaks stats looked pretty but he had no impact on the game.

Their games last night showcased how they get an AA spot on the back of flat tracking but had no impact in the heat of a real contest.

Credit to Ebert. His last act in Football one of the bravest acts you can commit to. He was their one senior player who stood up last night. Close to Ports best player till then.

Jonas Robbie and Boak should have lifted in his absence at the end. They didn't. In the heat of a real game looked cooked.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I hear that alot with Rozee and Butters. They are already really good players but people just expect that they will keep improving. Their output at the moment might be close to as good as they get which is high level but doesn't mean they take over from Boak and Gray in the midfield.

Wines is a classic example that some players burst on the scene and then platau. As we have seen with Rozee this year it's not a gradual accent for the next ten years.

That aside despite Boak not doing much last night he has been their best player by a long way this season.
No guarantee that Rozee will be as good as Gray and Butters will be as good as Boak, and that’s what they need to replace

I’m lost. What was the issue with the deliberate out of bounds? They’ve been paid all year and Port seemed to have more in their favour last night. You can’t complain about it resulting in a shot at goal if that’s where it took place.

Also I reckon Tigers got eff all free kicks in that last quarter.

That wasn't a free to Ladhams in the last quarter right in front of goal but no one seems to be acknowledging that.

Some Port players are the biggest floppers in the game. Gray is one of the worst and you watch Dixon go for a mark, his go to is to play for a free. It was good to see them get called out for it last night.

So will Port take any responsibility for any issues Ebert has later on in life?
Exactly my thoughts. Club should have made him retire last year and sent him out with some sort it pay out.
What's with the helmet too? Isn't all medical opinion they do nothing?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

how is Scott Stevens going these days?
Good question but we at least did the same thing right thing by him and pretty much put an end to his career when he had his concussion issues.

Good question but we at least did the same thing right thing by him and pretty much put an end to his career when he had his concussion issues.

Going well is Stevo, head of development at Central's IIRC

Has their been a bigger dud this finals series than Charlie Dixon?
He has more AA jumpers than Tex Walker. If you didn't think 2020 was a joke of a year, that alone tells you it is.

And don’t ever forget that they were on a mission given it was their 150th year!

They had the advantage of playing games at home in front of their home crowd (like Brisbane and West Coast) and got off to a flier in the hub.

They were very focussed in this their 150th year and it has all come to nought. ******* fantastic.
151 will be the new 150.
You wait. Supporters may be allowed in full capacity.
They will milk it for another year.
You wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how people's hatred completely clouds their judgement to be able to make an unbiased opinion.

They were 'hyped up' because they finished top, much like we were in 2017.
Charlie wasn't great tonight, but it wasn't a night for key forwards. He didn't kick the second highest amount of goals for the year by accident. Yes he's overrated by many, but 'rubbish' is OTT.
Gray has had an ordinary year by his standards but is (maybe was) a superstar.
Jonas has had an awesome year and is a great leader, part of the reason for their success this year.

I bet you are more relieved that they didn't make the GF rather than gloating in the knowledge that you 'knew' they wouldn't
Its called rivalry. Plenty of examples around the world - Man City/Man Utd, LA Lakers/LA Clippers, Freo/W Coast etc etc

They hate our guts, we hate theirs. That's the way it is and always will be, and the way it should be.

So I wasn’t watching at the time...Did that cochead w***er Duursma really twang an arrow early in the game? How embarrassing if so.
He does it every goal to be fair. But now he does it so quick you barely see it unless you look closely. If he's going to do it he needs to do it properly.

151 will be the new 150.
You wait.

It means nothing tho it isn’t their 150th. They can spin whichever way they want to but it won’t happen. They blew a golden opportunity.

Its called rivalry. Plenty of examples around the world - Man City/Man Utd, LA Lakers/LA Clippers, Freo/W Coast etc etc

They hate our guts, we hate theirs. That's the way it is and always will be, and the way it should be.

It is what makes sport great.

People don’t die over it unlike wars which are determined by those at the top.

151 will be the new 150.
You wait.

They said that at the beginning of the year actually. It's like they were planning it all along.

Did that cochead w***er Duursma really twang an arrow early in the game?
I dunno about twanging an arrow, but the twerp clanged an uncontested chest mark off a good kick from Rozee in the third.
Boak's ootf from about 35m out was significant too. I loved both mistakes :D --- schadenfreude is delicious.
Good: Port got done.
Bad: Richmond go to the GF :grimacing::grimacing:

My exact thoughts, I'm sick of people saying they'll be a star..

Remember Chad Wingard, he was meant to be the best player since sliced bread.. turned out to be a real lazy player with lots of skill.. AFL is a marathon not a sprint, these guys will plateau.. Rozee has already had an average year and Butters is a sniper with thosd bumps to the head.. can someone tell him to stop bumping people in the head.. if he continues he'll become a hated player in the AFL.. difference between being a hard player and bumping, spud.

I can't wait for next year, Port will try to recapture their 2020 form and won't be able to with injuries and players morale being down hehhehe.

He does it every goal to be fair. But now he does it so quick you barely see it unless you look closely. If he's going to do it he needs to do it properly.

But they will, and people like Rowie will help spin it saying how it's fair enough year 150 was such an unfortunate year and they came so close but couldn't have their supporters there.
Their simple minded supporters will lap it up too I'm sure.

I’m lost. What was the issue with the deliberate out of bounds? They’ve been paid all year and Port seemed to have more in their favour last night. You can’t complain about it resulting in a shot at goal if that’s where it took place.

Also I reckon Tigers got eff all free kicks in that last quarter.

It was deliberate every day of the week, and Hamish Hartlett will have to live with the fact that his error costed his side a Grand Final berth.

It was deliberate every day of the week, and Hamish Hartlett will have to live with the fact that his error costed his side a Grand Final berth.
Maybe he’ll get a tattoo about it

Pick up a few more missing pieces? They’ve got more missing pieces than pieces it seems. Every draft it’s the same. Port snare a missing piece or two. Media goes into warp speed predicting wonders. Port end up same ol’ same ol’ try hards with unwarranted arrogance, big heads and puffed chests.

After the way Port posters and supporters behaved after our 2017 GF, this is a beautiful result. The Karma is beautiful.

Delicious in fact.

Ken actually mentioned the puzzle pieces in his presser. Complete opposite to Hardwick who only talks about collective. Telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back