Mega Thread 2016 Trade/Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. Push back was the wrong word. Putting the right value on the transaction rather.

I agree with that. But that being said I think the one area the club has been very good in lately is trading, we decide our value (usually very fair value) and stick with it.

I reckon we rate Prestia a mid teens pick which is about right, now we need to find that pick.

Prestia for next years first is the obvious solution for mine, means we'd be backing ourselves to have a better year then this year, and if young Naish keeps developing nicely we may end up being better served by actually not having a first rounder to deal with
He also added they were likely to want pick 6 in exchange but the Tigers may attempt to push back. Well.
pick 6 pfft tell em theyre dreamin

presita is worth 12-18

next years first or get ****ed

pick 9 in the conca draft

Good point so when we go to the negotiation table we can do the old "compromised draft so the best 12 players were already taken out, that puts Dion back to 21, including the knee injury and 6 years on the odometer i reckon pick 30 will do it" ;)

I agree with that. But that being said I think the one area the club has been very good in lately is trading, we decide our value (usually very fair value) and stick with it.

I reckon we rate Prestia a mid teens pick which is about right, now we need to find that pick.

Mid teens seems about right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point so when we go to the negotiation table we can do the old "compromised draft so the best 12 players were already taken out, that puts Dion back to 21, including the knee injury and 6 years on the odometer i reckon pick 30 will do it" ;)

and here i was thinking we should do a straight swap with conca ..... would be about right seing as conca was taken earler in the draft :( :( :(

Prestia for next years first is the obvious solution for mine, means we'd be backing ourselves to have a better year then this year, and if young Naish keeps developing nicely we may end up being better served by actually not having a first rounder to deal with
don't forget we will still have to use a pick to match a bid on Naish so it's best we keep our 1st, otherwise we'll have to package picks & end up with our 1st pick being 50+ or something like that

Prestia + Pick 24 + Pick 26
FOR
Conca + Pick 6 + Pick 42 + Pick 60

Gold Coast gain 778 points + a chance with Conca.

T.Mitchell + 3rd pick
FOR
Pick 26 + 2017 1st round pick

Vickery for a second round pick or second round compo

Make a play for Jarrod Witts with one of our second round picks.

Out: Maric, Chaplin, Conca, Vickery, Batchelor, A.Moore, Butler
In: Prestia, Mitchell, Witts, Short (Upgrade), Castagna (Upgrade), 2 draft picks.

don't forget we will still have to use a pick to match a bid on Naish so it's best we keep our 1st, otherwise we'll have to package picks & end up with our 1st pick being 50+ or something like that

Not really, we just do what Sydney and Brisbane did and get a bunch of picks in the 30's to pay the cost. It better off we don't keep out first because we'd get Naish anyway and this way we get Prestia and keep 6.

Where did the talk of that Brodie kid snubbing teams looking to draft him come from?

I'm hoping for next years 1st for Prestia. Take #6 to the draft, then throw all the money at Punt Road to Fyfe at the end of next year.

Prestia + Pick 24 + Pick 26
FOR
Conca + Pick 6 + Pick 42 + Pick 60

Gold Coast gain 778 points + a chance with Conca.

T.Mitchell + 3rd pick
FOR
Pick 26 + 2017 1st round pick

Vickery for a second round pick or second round compo

Make a play for Jarrod Witts with one of our second round picks.

Out: Maric, Chaplin, Conca, Vickery, Batchelor, A.Moore, Butler
In: Prestia, Mitchell, Witts, Short (Upgrade), Castagna (Upgrade), 2 draft picks.
T Mitch is a crab. Poor man's Rockliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back