NFL (19/20) Super Bowl LIV: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

Game Predictions...(1 vote per category, 7 votes total)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Before kickoff Super Bowl XLII (2007 Patriots vs Giants), Giants backup QB Jared Lorenzen went and checked the Giants' Gatorade color. He then texted his friend who had financial difficulties and told him the color so that friend could gamble on the Prop Bet and make money if the Giants won.

U can blame shanahans play calling but at the end of the day Garoppolo missed a wide open Sanders and it cost them

Absolute awful over throw
Why are you trying to act like that's an easy throw. It's 50 yds down the field for ****s sake. Sure he missed him but Sanders also pulled up at the last second which made it look worse. It's not like it was a disaster

[ESPN S&I] There have been 3 teams in Super Bowl history to lose a 10-point 4th quarter lead. Kyle Shanahan called the offensive plays for 2 of them. After the 10-minute mark in the 4th quarter, Shanahan’s teams were outscored a combined 46-0 (including OT of Super Bowl LI).
And all 3 played the exact same defensive scheme. The same coaching tree. The choking tree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Andy Reid! Thouroughly deserved, he finally has a QB who can take him where he belongs.

Love the commentary on here during the game, calling it over... 'defense wins championships' and the haters lamenting the exposure Patty is going to get. How fu**in stupid are people??

This is Patrick fu**in Mahomes. This guy is the evolution of the QB.

We know how much I love Rodgers, and how good I think he is. I truely believe Mahomes is/will be better. There's no denying it now he's got a ring too. Yeah, it's insufferable , but fu** me dead, we're probably watching the best player any one of us have ever seen. Just enjoy. He overcame a fair bit of adversity this season, and in this game specifically. Didn't get down on himself, kept his confidence and just went back to work.

That being said, didn't deserve MVP, no surprise he got it though, 3 turnovers FMD... I had my money on 'Reek, but it should've gone to Williams, even though he was stupid and shouldn't have scored his second TD.

Like any offensive team, Chiefs needed their D to step up when it mattered. And they did! Would've been nice if it had happened earlier though... Did just enough the first three quarters, didn't allow those RBs to run downhill for too long. Shanahan not running Mostert early and OFTEN was shit coaching too. Sure, Coleman is the better back, but I reckon it handicapped them not having the hot hand get a chance to warm into the game.

49ers D was solid, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that Mahomes was going to break out eventually. It was just the look in his eyes.

Condolences to Brasher, I feel for ya, lost to a top notch QB, still a good season for your boys, but you're not exactly starved of success, so I'm sure you'll get over it. (you probs wanna stop reading now though)

As for the rest of the 49ers organisation and fans, go fu** yourselves. Shanahan choked, your fn overrated defense choked and then your overrated QB choked too. I equate the 2019 Niners to the recent AFL tigers outfit. Good team, workmanlike team, but the team talent is limited, on both sides of the ball with few exceptions. Future playoff team? probably,, but I don't think there's another SB run in the current version of the team. Welcome to the 20's version of Tony Romo's cowboys! Suck it campaigners, only the Vikes and Cowboys do I wish more pain on.
Who do you follow ?

[NFL Research] Jimmy Garoppolo joins Colin Kaepernick as the only #49ers quarterbacks to throw an interception in a #SuperBowl . Hall of Famers Joe Montana and Steve Young started a combined 5 Super Bowls for the 49ers and never threw an interception.
Statistically correct. But that doesn't mean Joe in particular has thrown interception worthy passes.
SB54 Win Probability Chart

qe78bclanme41.gif
Idk what's that based off, but I think it's BS. Internally there was no stage I thought KC were less than 50% chance of winning at any stage.
[PFR] With the 20-31 loss to Kansas City, Wes Welker is now 0-4 in the Super Bowl.
Being a wide receivers coach doesn't count?
Since 2010, the team that scores first is 8-2 in the #SuperBowl. The 2016 Falcons and the 2020 Niners being the two losers (both with Kyle Shanahan as offensive play-caller).
"Let's shit on Kyle Shanahan" thread?

I hope they start penalising teams for running down to the EZ like that next year. So ******* ghaye

images.jpg

49ers got their comeuppance starting the celebrations with 11:57 left on the clock, watching it live I cringed when they did that and thought thats fraught with danger.
After which, they then got to watch the Chiefs peel off 21 unanswered points, to go on and win the Lombardi.

It was IMO the turning point that kickstarted the Chiefs comeback run.

It was a sporting version of a :

images-2.jpg

Thanks brother! That's 2 times for the 49ers, Crows and Indians all falling at the last hurdle in recent years. With my luck Liverpool will drop 8 Premier league games in a row now.
Unfortunatley that's not gonna happen.
How much did Pepsi pay for the sponsorship of the half-time show? US$50 mill w two 30second tvc's to activate ???
My yearly Pepsi Max budget covers it.

View attachment 817027

49ers got their comeuppance starting the celebrations with 11:57 left on the clock, watching it live I cringed when they did that and thought thats fraught with danger.
After which, they then got to watch the Chiefs peel off 21 unanswered points, to go on and win the Lombardi.

It was IMO the turning point that kickstarted the Chiefs comeback run.

It was a sporting version of a :

View attachment 817029
Teams do that in preseason. They weren't prematurely ejaculating. I'm just saying in general those celebrations suck ass

Back