AFL Player #13: Nik Cox - Subbed out vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

What are his outstanding attributes?
Intercept marking / reading the ball coming in , kicking both sides , good tank , will take the game on , good at ground level , good enough closing speed to allow his reach to be a factor in spoiling his opponents and ability to play on various size players. Have said it before but watching him play defense was like watching a 200cm Jordan Ridley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

time michael GIF

From memory we made Ridley play on the wing in the VFL for some time before bringing him into the backline. Could be the same things with big Cox

From memory we made Ridley play on the wing in the VFL for some time before bringing him into the backline. Could be the same things with big Cox
I think we moved Ridley to the wing after a stint in defence. He was expected to be really creative, fantastic disposal and a great outlet mark on a wing, but it didn’t really work out - he was better as that intercepting defender. I expect that we had Cox on the wing because they saw all the same attributes that they saw in Ridley, but like Ridley I expect he will be better behind the ball.

So Rutten was on the radio and suggested Nik Cox will be settled into a KP role.

Do we start the most Essington discussion of all right now?

Forward or back??
Both. He has that type of ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #13: Nik Cox - Subbed out vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back