Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the long and the short of it. They cannot be allowed to have both. Either we have McIntosh & no Caddy, or they have McIntosh & no Caddy.

Precisely.

Lady Scott must choose whether she wants the young suitor with the fine features who has yet to feel the touch of the woman, or the grizzled old warrior with many a notch in his scabbard.

We choose caddy

Fair enough then.

In the immortal words of the old knight at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade:

You have chosen poorly.

Really gives us extra motivation to push the Caddy deal bloody hard and get it done early.

2 reasons.
1 - StK dont get Goddard compo until 2nd week of trading.
2 - Sooner we have Caddy more likely we are to get the compo from Cats.

FYI that compo pretty much = Luke McDonald so its a good pickup for us.

Good deal, he goes, poor deal he stays. The bloke is contracted and would like to look elsewhere so he is now a commodity. If he stays and goes via FA next year at least we get some compo.

O'Keefe looked elsewhere. It doesn't have to be the end.

O'Keefe looked elsewhere. It doesn't have to be the end.
Indeed, and I reckon H sees it the same way. But, having voiced his desire to look around, he must be prepared to be shipped if the club gets a good deal.

Hamish is a good bloke and great mates with other guys at North. He could play out next year in the VFL and nick off as a free agent, but this way he's giving himself a chance at a fresh start where he would be needed more, and the club a chance to make something from a trade. Neither he (or his manager) nor the club are suggesting anyone's taking advantage of anyone else - it's an opportunity to find if there is a deal that works for everyone, and no hard feelings if not. At this stage nothing else has happened, and I'm not at all sure why there's so much emo reaction.

He could probably play in the VFL all year and go as a free agent and we would do better than a mid second round pick as compensation. They have to make the offer better than choosing to do nothing, especially not worse than doing nothing.

I'd be keen to get back to the discussion of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade if we can ...

6830011_std.jpg

19030486.jpg

Really gives us extra motivation to push the Caddy deal bloody hard and get it done early.

2 reasons.
1 - StK dont get Goddard compo until 2nd week of trading.
2 - Sooner we have Caddy more likely we are to get the compo from Cats.

FYI that compo pretty much = Luke McDonald so its a good pickup for us.

1 - All the more reason for GC to hold out.
2 - If we've already tied up Caddy, why would we then want the compo pick?
3 - Can't use a compo pick for F/S, has to be your own.

Anyone who thinks the Hamish trade will be done before the Caddy trade has rocks in there head. The Caddy trade will be done then we will see who has what left. We have no chance of getting the compo pick for him why do people keep repeating it everywhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be keen to get back to the discussion of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade if we can ...

I thought we were talking about Temple of Doom?

As long as the conversation doesn't move on to the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls.

He could probably play in the VFL all year and go as a free agent and we would do better than a mid second round pick as compensation. They have to make the offer better than choosing to do nothing, especially not worse than doing nothing.

He'd be unrestricted so no compo for us.

He'd be unrestricted so no compo for us.
you get compo for unrestricted and restricted free agents, you just can't match a rival clubs offer if it is an unrestricted free agent.

So if hmac goes next year as a free agent we will be compensated well.
We are in a win win situation. If he goes this year it will be because we were offered a good deal so we would trade him for eg)menzel,motlop or ablett compo

Still would be great to put all the teenagers on ignore.....
I was actually talking about teenages in the real world....not related to footy..... and yes i was generalizing and yes i was harsh and yes some adults are just as bad however i would still like to put them all on ignor.....

Most teenagers have managed to master the full stop.

you get compo for unrestricted and restriced free agents, you just can't match a rival clubs offer if it is an unrestricted free agent.

So if hmac goes next year we will be compensated well.
We are in a win win situation. If he goes this year it will be because we were offered a good deal
There is compensation for unrestricted free agents.

Fair. That is ridiculous, though. I hate that they give out compensation.

I wouldn't be so confident in getting good compensation. It's not the same as the expansion club compensation.

Geelong are playing us on the pick.

They'll part with a first rounder, but it won't be the compo.

They will set it up to get Caddy and McIntosh and make out like they're doing us a favor at the same time. Like schmucks, Scott and McDonald will walk away thinking they got the deal of the century whilst Balme and Wells laugh their arses off behind our backs.

OR

They'll drag out the whole deal in order to secure Caddy for themselves and leave us waiting at the alter.

Geelong are playing us on the pick.

They'll part with a first rounder, but it won't be the compo.

They will set it up to get Caddy and McIntosh and make out like they're doing us a favor at the same time.

OR

They'll drag out the whole deal in order to secure Caddy for themselves and leave us waiting at the alter.
So, pretty much like it's been from day one, unless Caddy nominates us and us only, we are behind the 8 ball. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

oooooooow so clever you are.....................................................
You gotta lift the finger off the button sooner mate;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back