Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 COLLINGWOOD 2023 PREMIERS 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and then I'll be getting the shits, annoyed with something at work etc, and then I'll stop and remember "We just won the premiership." and get taken back to the moment the siren rung out at the G and I jumped around, cried, screamed like a lunatic and then that I get that sh!t eating grin back on my face

Go Pies you beautiful things

Too hot in bed last night, mozzie buzzing around and biting me but I couldn’t turn the light on and kill it, or I would have woken up Mrs. Sampler.

Time to watch the replay again.

Me too. The Kayo mini game.

My review just in case you missed the game.

Q1 was a cracker…. The non 50 against Bailey that led to a goal however was a stinker. Daicos high free for the first goal was a bit marginal but it was there. They paid an indentical one to a lions player just moments before.

Q2 time on is the first occasion where we saved the match , going from 13 points down with 6 minutes on the clock and getting belted on the scoreboard, crisp and hill scored two each to turn acworrying deficit into a six point lead at half time.

Q3 brisbane get gifted the first goal of the quarter with a ridiculous 50 against markov. Pies struggle to take advantage of some good play with six points on the trot ( cant recall who, Ginni, Bobby and at least one more shot were very gettable and frampton dropped a sitter ) before Bobby steps up again with a genius short pass to Pendlebury to nail the steadier. Should have been four goals further in front at 3/4 time but at least were were in front!

Q4 epic! Massive quarters from cox Pendles Sidebottom DeGoey mitchell Naicos and the entire backline. Nod to Jarod Berry for giving away a brainless 50 and effectively giv8ng Collingwood the sealer. The non advantage to Brisbane was a non issue, they were still 60 out from goal at that point even if it was paid.

I disagree that the opening goal free to Daicos was marginal. The initial contact, maybe, but the secondary contact by our man Berry was very obviously high.

I haven’t stopped trolling others about our win and I’m starting to think I might not ever stop.

Everywhere I go for a drink I have the premiership stubby holder, I wear subtle gear with the magpie emblem on them. My office at work has the premiership poster on the glass door facing outwards, so that everyone has to see it every day. This is fantastic considering there are 4 extra salty Melbourne supporters who have the adjoining offices.

The front verandah of my house has a giant Collingwood flag (and other paraphernalia). You can’t miss it. A couple of neighbours have asked when I intend to take it down and I answer “never, we’re going back to back”.

Go you mighty pies!

How could you work near 4 Melbourne supporters?
I'm 56 years old and can barely think of 5 Melbourne supporters I've met my entire life.

I’m in the law and the industry is full of them. Silver spoon dickheads!

True! Anything upper class in inner east Melb and bayside will have some Demons representation.

Which makes it even more hilarious that their culture now is a club of drunks, drugs and gambling addicted sore losers with zero class.

Kind of poetic justice when you think about everything that gets blamed on the working class and popular culture we mostly represent.

Watched all three finals Mini's last night and then the GF final quarter.

Happy Feeling Good GIF by GritTV

Nod to Jarod Berry for giving away a brainless 50 and effectively giv8ng Collingwood the sealer.
I can’t believe there wasn’t more said about Jarrod Berry’s brain fade. Brisbane supporters should be fuming he could be so stupid at such a critical moment.

I can’t believe there wasn’t more said about Jarrod Berry’s brain fade. Brisbane supporters should be fuming he could be so stupid at such a critical moment.
God bless Berry. May his fruit always bloom.

Play on! Steele Sidebottom.. WOWEEEE!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get it. We carry scars and they are real. I was sick all Saturday morning and the same when at the ground. Kiss distracted me momentarily but lord that game tested my anxiety levels. The last minute and a half were excruciating. One of my mates started screaming we've got it when Checkers took that mark and I was refusing to believe it. A smother, a turnover....who knows what new demonic method we may have invented to lose another flag!! But I have watched the game a few times, felt the anxiety but also the euphoria each time the siren sounds!

Those two freak goals in the last few minutes are simply the stuff dreams are made of!
You've written some excellent, moving posts since the GF Domus.

My review just in case you missed the game.

Q1 was a cracker…. The non 50 against Bailey that led to a goal however was a stinker. Daicos high free for the first goal was a bit marginal but it was there. They paid an indentical one to a lions player just moments before.

Q2 time on is the first occasion where we saved the match , going from 13 points down with 6 minutes on the clock and getting belted on the scoreboard, crisp and hill scored two each to turn acworrying deficit into a six point lead at half time.

Q3 brisbane get gifted the first goal of the quarter with a ridiculous 50 against markov. Pies struggle to take advantage of some good play with six points on the trot ( cant recall who, Ginni, Bobby and at least one more shot were very gettable and frampton dropped a sitter ) before Bobby steps up again with a genius short pass to Pendlebury to nail the steadier. Should have been four goals further in front at 3/4 time but at least were were in front!

Q4 epic! Massive quarters from cox Pendles Sidebottom DeGoey mitchell Naicos and the entire backline. Nod to Jarod Berry for giving away a brainless 50 and effectively giv8ng Collingwood the sealer. The non advantage to Brisbane was a non issue, they were still 60 out from goal at that point even if it was paid.
Just on the advantage non call. Picture for one minute that Daniher marked that kick & then the umps called it back as a non advantage call. Imagine the outrage then?

With a machete. She's Thai yanno.
Allows me to flirt though.
Went to the local pub last night and even the boys were coming at me.
I actually said to one "stop staring at me"
The Oleg Stache is a secret weapon I wish I knew of years ago.
My English mate was with me sporting the same.

I'm never shaving it off.
Yeah I know she's Thai and mines Filipino. I know what they'll do, lol. I joke with her about me going to Thailand by myself. The look is phucking evil, lol.

I don’t deal in hypotheticals but that’s a pretty silly one. I don’t ever recall a ball called back in that scenario before.
You are missing the point Timmy. The umpires were damned if they did call it back & damned if they didn’t.
‘The commentators & fans screaming for the ball to come back to Neale, would have also screamed if the umpires had called it back after a Brisbane mark. Advantage can only be given for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back