Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:
What the heck are you on about? Hutchison has been mentioned all across the media landscape as a potential high-ish pick in the MSD.
Craig Hutchinson?.. where do we play him, apart from the running the Arden Street kiosk?..

jabba the hutt pizza GIF

I know he is your mate but the list is a bit s**t Merlins.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oh, bit a harsh, I'm not going out of my way to upset anyone (I hope).

I just think the argument that Brady is the source of our list woes is a little overdone; the greatest hole in our list is quality 26-28 year olds. At the 'younger end' of that range (ie) 26, it suggests we need to look at the 2016-17 drafts, and at the 'older end' (ie 28), we need to look at the 2014-15 drafts.

what took 8-9 years to drive into a hole will take Brady a bit longer to retrieve than the time he's had thus far

I just think the argument that Brady is the source of our list woes is a little overdone; the greatest hole in our list is quality 26-28 year olds. At the 'younger end' of that range (ie) 26, it suggests we need to look at the 2016-17 drafts, and at the 'older end' (ie 28), we need to look at the 2014-15 drafts.

what took 8-9 years to drive into a hole will take Brady a bit longer to retrieve than the time he's had thus far

I won't disagree on the drafting failures prior to BR's arrival.

He's been here since 2019. He was a senior part of the team that made list management decisions in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. To still be saying the list woes are somebody else's fault is a massive cop-out.

KIA State Game Team Selections​

KIA State Game – 2.15pm (SA time)
Sunday May 19 at Optus Stadium, Perth
WEST END STATE TEAM

F: (12) Baynen Lowe, (28) Mitch Harvey, (13) Aiden Grace
HF: (2) Eamon Wilkinson, (20) Connor McFadyen, (17) Luke Reynolds
C: (11) Harrison Wigg, (10) Joseph Sinor, (6) Casey Voss
HB: (21) Chris Curran, (25) Tom Donnelly, (15) Luke Beecken
B: (19) Will Coomblas, (26) Brinn Little, (18) Jez McLennan

R: (30) Amos Doyle, (14) Mitch O’Neill, (16) James Rowe
INT: (4) Billy Cootee, (8) Corey Lyons, (27) Riley Holder, (7) Matt Ling, (5) Campbell Combe
NEW: Aiden Grace (Central), Connor McFadyen (Sturt), Tom Donnelly (Norwood), Luke Beecken (Eagles), Brinn Little (Central), Amos Doyle (Sturt), Billy Cootee (Norwood), Riley Holder (Glenelg), Matt Ling (Norwood)

WAFL
F: Oliver Eastland, Trey Ruscoe, Jed Hagan
HF: Ben Sokol, Tyler Keitel, Matthew Parker
C: Jesse Turner, Angus Schumacher, Greg Clark
HB: Zac Guadagnin, Harrison Macreadie, Cameron Eardley
B: Jacob Blight, Matthew Jupp, Michael Sellwood

R: Brynn Teakle, Mitch Crowden, Nik Rokahr
INT: Bailey Rogers, Angus Scott, Stan Wright, Fraser Turner, Milan Murdock, Jack Sears, Jye Chalcraft, Chad Pearson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's only because Jacob won't take our calls....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
1715926756354.png

Jacob "Sorry this is Jacob Blight the highly paid security consultant, I've texted you me(sic) pic"

Brady "Oh ok, weird I got your number from Peel?"

Jacob "What's Peel?"

Brady "So this isn't the Jacob Blight from Peel Thunder, nominated for the midseason draft, been playing centre half forward?"

Jacob "Centre half back you flog. No wonder you blokes are so shit"

Silence

Jacob "Sorry I was yelling at my cat. I've got to go have more security consultating to do"

Sounds like it will be a key forward. Viney said key forward first in his list of needs.
Then Clarko mentions not having support for Larkey with CCJ injury.
But we don't always do the predictable thing. Nobody knew we were taking Hansen Jnr until the final stages.

Good
We have enough kpd that are of vfl level
Not sure how good those key forward prospects look either.

Think we should bring in older guys that are hungry, resilient and ready to go.

There seem to be a few small forwards that fall within that category. Maybe some big body midfielders and a big ruck/forward.

There is a bloke I called last year who was playing in the sticks and has since made the move to the SANFL and is tearing it up. Luke McKay, he is a mid (cue the oh we don't need another mid complaints) but he is a very mature body, run all day player, tackles hard, and hits the scoreboard with a probing kick.

We aren't getting the next AFL premiership player from this draft, but we could get someone to physically support the boys who are already in there.

First game for WWT Eagles he had 5 goals from 20 plus disposals

What the heck are you on about? Hutchison has been mentioned all across the media landscape as a potential high-ish pick in the MSD.

Exactly, he's this 190cm fwd that won't help us at all as we have like 5 including zurhaar like him.

We either get blight or some big bodied mid who could compete right away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back