News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Eagles told to get ‘ruthless’, walk Richmond free agent Liam Baker into pre-season draft​

Will never happen.
As soon as I see we've been told....by that wnker just makes me want to slap him even more😡😡

All clubs help each other out these days so I seriously doubt we'd walk him in through the draft for nothing, plus Baker would want to do right by Richmond as well to make sure they get something in return for him. So it's all a moot point.

All clubs help each other out these days so I seriously doubt we'd walk him in through the draft for nothing, plus Baker would want to do right by Richmond as well to make sure they get something in return for him. So it's all a moot point.

I can't see Clarke looking to burn that bridge either. Quits Tigers, poaches players and tries to cough up nothing for them? Industry is too small to play silly games like that. Unless it's Port or Cats, then they can gagf.

I really don't want Baker if we have to give up a decent pick to do it

Latest coast to coast ep with elijah hewett and yeo.

Hewett is a bit of a different breed. I imagine he might end up as divisive as Papley
Been listening to it tonight and the banter between him and Yeoy.
Sounds like the three of Reid/Hewey/Yeo is going to be a wild time when they all get on the park together.

West Coast Eagles told to get ‘ruthless’, walk Richmond free agent Liam Baker into pre-season draft​

Will never happen.
As soon as I see we've been told....by that wnker just makes me want to slap him even more😡😡

As the ladder currently stands, Richmond would be able to just redraft him with a pick before ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hammers open letter to the AFL getting some attention, he's on 6PR now talking about it.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

And rightly so, found myself agreeing with every point he made. The system makes no sense right now…but they pretend like they’re doing something to protect the head so we don’t get sued out of our arse.

Maybe Richmond will take a compassionate stance in view of Baker needing to get back to WA to take care of his $2.2m house.

crazy how we are still sixth yet our injury list is SOOOOO much better. just goes to show how much of an outlier the last couple of years really were.
It’s a pity no one in the vAFL media seemed to really appreciate how dire our injury crisis was. I would like to know if it was unprecedented in AFL history. Seriously, when has an AFL reserves team been on the verge of forfeiting? When has an AFL team needed to top up with nonAFL players?

If the depth of our injury crisis was better recognised then our turnaround from R4 wouldn’t be such a surprise to so many. (Just so lazy or ignorant to say it’s all due HR9.). Remember we played some very good teams to start the year - at a time when we were still getting used to having a relatively full squad - no synergy! (And some of those teams also then had big wins against ‘reasonable’ teams.)

It’s a pity no one in the vAFL media seemed to really appreciate how dire our injury crisis was. I would like to know if it was unprecedented in AFL history. Seriously, when has an AFL reserves team been on the verge of forfeiting? When has an AFL team needed to top up with nonAFL players?

If the depth of our injury crisis was better recognised then our turnaround from R4 wouldn’t be such a surprise to so many. (Just so lazy or ignorant to say it’s all due HR9.). Remember we played some very good teams to start the year - at a time when we were still getting used to having a relatively full squad - no synergy! (And some of those teams also then had big wins against ‘reasonable’ teams.)
Agree. I have always thought that you build a side around your spine and if you look at our best spine of Waterman, Oscar, Yeo, Gov and Barrass it would stand up against the best. All of those players missed (or continue to miss) a substantial number of games over the past 2 years.

I cannot recall any club being unable to field a team without using state league players.

For most of 2022/23 our injury list sat between 12-18 players and occasion even more like the two games we needed top up players for. It very rarely dipped below double figures

Even worse was that the injuries impacted the pointy end of our list - McGovern, Yeo, Shuey, Allen, Ryan and Naitanui among others were all out for extended periods. And when they did play were often underdone

I think you’d find other clubs who had a similar injury list for maybe a month or two at times (Richmond are going through it atm) but I doubt you’d find many with that sized list for an entire season, let alone two seasons back to back

The fact we’re looking at our current injury list thinking things aren’t too bad whilst still sitting 6th for games lost is an indication of just how bad our availability has been

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

West Coast questioned over call to let Harley Reid visit family in Victoria while being rested​

AFL legend Paul Roos has questioned whether West Coast's decision to allow Harley Reid to visit his family while being rested is an example of player power going too far.

Reid was rested for West Coast's Round 7 clash against Gold Coast with Eagles coach Adam Simpson explaining the club's internal measurements had indicated his body was "flagging".

The 19-year-old was given the opportunity to travel back to Victoria to spend some time with his family on his week off.

West Coast questioned over call to let Harley Reid visit family in Victoria while being rested​

AFL legend Paul Roos has questioned whether West Coast's decision to allow Harley Reid to visit his family while being rested is an example of player power going too far.

Reid was rested for West Coast's Round 7 clash against Gold Coast with Eagles coach Adam Simpson explaining the club's internal measurements had indicated his body was "flagging".

The 19-year-old was given the opportunity to travel back to Victoria to spend some time with his family on his week off.
Yeah, don't really care what Roos has to say. He's been out of the game for too long to really know what the current climate is like, especially for a club on the opposite side of the country.

Wouldn't surprise me if WCE had let other players go home during time off, you just wouldn't know about it because their name's not Harley Reid.

Culley went home for a month before his ACL rehab, for instance, because the club knew he wouldn't get many other chances to do so.

4c193ffe-502d-401f-b440-8c9668697695_text.gif

For most of 2022/23 our injury list sat between 12-18 players and occasion even more like the two games we needed top up players for. It very rarely dipped below double figures

Even worse was that the injuries impacted the pointy end of our list - McGovern, Yeo, Shuey, Allen, Ryan and Naitanui among others were all out for extended periods. And when they did play were often underdone

I think you’d find other clubs who had a similar injury list for maybe a month or two at times (Richmond are going through it atm) but I doubt you’d find many with that sized list for an entire season, let alone two seasons back to back

The fact we’re looking at our current injury list thinking things aren’t too bad whilst still sitting 6th for games lost is an indication of just how bad our availability has been
I wonder if Nics career ended prematurely due to negligence from the fitness team at the club? Speculation, but would be sad if it did contribute.

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back