Opinion Do AFL fans all complain about the same things?

What does your club board whinge about on a weekly basis?

• Recruiting

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Senior players have gold passes

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Never play enough youth

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Game plan

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Coaching

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • Media is against us

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

"No plan B" was massive on the Geelong board till about... oooh... 2022.

What the hell did the fans expect? Hawkins to centre-half back, torpedoes launched from the back fifty?

I'd love to see that.

I am convinced that every single fan believes that David King/BT/Dermie/Kane Cornes/Brayshaw/etc is "against them".

David King said outright in a post match wrap with Montagna last week “ I don’t like Freo, I’ve never liked Freo”
No idea what his beef is but he’s been a serial offender for this sort of commentary re Freo for years.
Frustrates the hell out of supporters when a supposedly unbiased commentator has an agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They must because some vic supporters are complaining it’s unfair that port and crows get a 13th game at home (neutrally ticketed event) even though they play 14+ on their home deck along with the grandfinal

Always good to see #VICBIAS! make an appearance even when it is completely irrelevant to the thread topic.

100% if your team is not winning the same things will be said by everyone.

• Just play the kids (even though the kids aren't ready and the older players are actually, you know, good)
  • I don't mind if they lose I just want to see the team have a go (A strict maximum of 1 gallant loss is allowed per year if you're lucky. Any further loss will be a sign of insufficient desire, no matter what actually occurred.)
  • Game plan is stuffed (No one able to articulate what the game plan actually is, the same for the other more successful plans at other clubs)
  • Coach has too many favourites that will never be dropped
  • We should offload these 3 (ordinary) players to another club in exchange for their great player. They will accept this deal because 3 is a bigger number than 1. This will also solve all our problems.
  • Umpires/AFL are out to get us (This applies even when the team is winning)
Man, I love that one...

Champion player to be swapped for 3 list cloggers - what's not fair about that?

Nothing...as long as you can play all three at the same time in place of the champion...which means you have 20 blokes on the ground :cool:

No offence, manicmagpie, but if you're old enough you'll love this one: I once had a Pies fan suggest Scott West to Collingwood for Rupert Betherras, Tyson Lane and another fringe player. "How can that not be fair?" :D

I am convinced that every single fan believes that David King/BT/Dermie/Kane Cornes/Brayshaw/etc is "against them".

King goes into bat for us heaps because of Simo.

I don't think he makes it up, but certainly looks for the positives.

Cornes hates us because our fans are angry enough to fuel his media career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#1 team defence needs work

daylight

#2 *** Carlton

daylight

#3 waiting for a game day thread until 5 minutes before the game
#2 is becoming just ridiculous this year.

Even on game day previews not involving them, their fans are still in there spouting s**t a week out.

Footy fans have a reputation for being rowdy, unruly maniacs. Once they arrive at the ground some people go completely wild. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. AFL Football is sports entertainment: a means to blow off steam, have some some very expensive beers and salty food, bond with the person in the seat next to you about how you dislike the Pies and question their genealogy. We all know players have white line fever and now they get pulled up on it, footy fans however still get away with a helluva lot. Sometimes, fans cross a line, a fact that many players are more aware of than ever before.
Footy fans only care about their own team and their own fortunes, it's been the same for a hundred years, it's the coach, their too old, the game plan is crap etc. This is directed at their own team, the major complaints though are directed at the opposition and umpires, by half time you are not bonding with anyone if your team is losing and the whole world is against you. The AFL want you to barrack for your team with a plum in your mouth, be noisy, but not rowdy. The ferals are still out there, but the AFL must remember the passionmetre is set on high the moment fans go through that turnstile. They all complain about the same things every week.

Last edited:
Copping it with injuries

Stupid afl rules

Draft picks

Are the main ones currently for Richmond

People who incessantly complain about umpires and blame them for losing are emotionally undeveloped adult children.

Tell that to Freo supporters lol

Meanwhile the Tigers v Saints game had like 2 or 3 score reviews where the ball was getting reviewed 5m past the goal line for some reason.

They must because some vic supporters are complaining it’s unfair that port and crows get a 13th game at home (neutrally ticketed event) even though they play 14+ on their home deck along with the grandfinal
Which Vic teams get more than 14 games at their home ground during H&A?

Hawks, Cats, Blues and Bombers get 8 or 9
games on their home deck.

North get 10, Dogs get 12

Twas only Pies and Saints who get 14 on their home deck in 2023.

Am I the only one that likes David King? I don’t see the issue he never bags anyone for analyses the game pretty well imo.

His determination to rid not only football but the entire universe of the word ‘the’ is worrying.

‘They’re getting smashed at clearance.’

‘Beaten around stoppage.’

‘They aren’t using corridor at the moment.’ (He occasionally allows himself one)

It’s a nightmare for those of us who actually enjoy the principles of language and want to uphold them

Our supporters believe there’s a “port tax” when it comes to the MRO. Do other clubs feel the same?

I personally believe there are protected species in the afl (none of which play for port). Oh and Collingwood get kissed on the dick

Back