Preview Gold Coast Suns v Adelaide Crows, Saturday 16th of March, People First Stadium, Gold Coast, 7.40pm Adelaide time.

Who will be the sub?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I get why people are assuming Soligo is going to be the sub, but don’t rule out Pedlar - I suspect the inclusion of Berry means Bez will split time between half forward and inside midfield, which may relegate Pedlar to the vest.

There is no way newly minted Leadership Group legend Lachie Murphy is going to be sub either, so there’s another forward half player that might push Pedlar out of the 22 for this game. Throw in Keays, Rankine, Rachele - it’s definitely on the cards.

It’s a toss up between Pedlar and Soligo for mine. Personally they’d both be in my starting 18, let alone 22, but here we are.

If Soligo is named as sub, it’s got Tom Lynch in Tassie vibes because he’s clearly in our best dozen players, so if he’s in the vest it’s because he isn’t fit, and if he isn’t fit he shouldn’t be named at all.

So yeah, I’ll go with Pedlar as sub as a prediction.

So the consensus is Berry, Sholl, Murphy: full game, and Soligo or Pedlar: sub?

I'm very much melting.

If any of those 3 has a s**t match, and the sub plays really well in the limited minutes, and I hear a single "Ackshually, we can't know if playing our worse players over our better ones was a bad idea, because you can't see alternate realities" I'm gonna FLIP OUT!

Yeah I’m not sure I like the new ‘naming 23’ rule

It basically means coaches don’t need to justify who they put as sub until after the game, which leaves it open to revisionist history

Bought a Soligo jumper on Crowmania to send them a warning.

And everyone hates Sholl because he can't handle pressure or contact. Let's hope GC allow him to play bruise free footy.
Sholl has apparently been working on the physical side of his game. It is a positive that this has been clearly identified and addressed. Let's hope we see evidence of or the results of this tomorrow night. I'm more hopeful rather than optimistic!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else concerned we don't have any small lock down defenders for other teams pacy small forwards??
Michalanney was doing a decent go of it last season.

Sholl is new whipping boy, the new Mackay.

A soft squibby game and he should be first dropped, we have many players who can play wing.

Going to be a tough game.... No Tex :(

What are you basing that on other than body size?

Is it time already for the seamless transition to 'Hamish was right, amazing pick', to 'selectors are right, these guys can never play, more SANFL for you loser' already?

tbh if the rebuild is going to be successful, tex missing should not be a factor, because he's unlikely to be there when we are contending. tomorrow will be a good test
Could berry be playing to tag? rowell/anderson have carved us up before. not sure he has the speed if so.
Surely murphy is sub, and if it's soligo because he hasnt got his fitness up for a full game yet, why is he even in the squad? what happens if there's an injury 1 minute in?

tbh if the rebuild is going to be successful, tex missing should not be a factor, because he's unlikely to be there when we are contending. tomorrow will be a good test
Could berry be playing to tag? rowell/anderson have carved us up before. not sure he has the speed if so.
Surely murphy is sub, and if it's soligo because he hasnt got his fitness up for a full game yet, why is he even in the squad? what happens if there's an injury 1 minute in?
Sog would be better off a full SANFL trial game rather sub if match fitness is an issue.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back