Preview Changes: R19 vs Dees, Sunday July 23rd 2:50pm ACST @ MCG

How many unforced changes will we make?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a lot of supporters are over with the 'trying to make finals' policy of the club.
We've bottomed out, we are doing a rebuild.
We want to develop a squad for the longer term that has a good chance of winning a premiership.
Too many decisions by the club don't give you the faith that they will get the process right to get the long term success we are looking for.
You just have to look at our midfield to confirm that
I agree we have some work to do on the midfield .....just have to hope the midfield talent we have in the SANFL can develop; Berry, Schoenberg, Dowling, and Bond ....even getting a 3rd year Rachelle & Pedlar into the midfield next year, is enough to make a huge difference

I'll correct you though .....we HAVE done a rebuild ....not doing a rebuild
Of course we have to make 3 list changes every year ...so we'll keep adding to the list annually

Although not popular .....I continue to support the continuity & connection philosophy this year .....you need to get that real connection going, and it doesn't happen in 1 year, it happens over multiple years

So this desire by posters, to continually be swinging changes .....to have a look at new blood .....is counter-productive to the big picture

I think a lot of supporters are over with the 'trying to make finals' policy of the club.
We've bottomed out, we are doing a rebuild.
We want to develop a squad for the longer term that has a good chance of winning a premiership.
Too many decisions by the club don't give you the faith that they will get the process right to get the long term success we are looking for.
You just have to look at our midfield to confirm that
There is knowing what needs to be done and actually being able to stomach it on a week to week basis. I struggle with this. Ultimately though it shouldn't matter if fans are cracking the shits. The club needs to be above that. They literally told everyone they have a 5 year plan and now they seem to be going hell for leather trying to secure a mid-table finish with selection policies that resemble Don Pyke circa 2019.

I agree we have some work to do on the midfield .....just have to hope the midfield talent we have in the SANFL can develop; Berry, Schoenberg, Dowling, and Bond ....even getting a 3rd year Rachelle & Pedlar into the midfield next year, is enough to make a huge difference

I'll correct you though .....we HAVE done a rebuild ....not doing a rebuild
Of course we have to make 3 list changes every year ...so we'll keep adding to the list annually

Although not popular .....I continue to support the continuity & connection philosophy this year .....you need to get that real connection going, and it doesn't happen in 1 year, it happens over multiple years

So this desire by posters, to continually be swinging changes .....to have a look at new blood .....is counter-productive to the big picture
You think we have done a rebuild and we haven't used one pick on a full time midfielder, that's crazy stuff.
You cant rely on 2nd and 3rd rounder draft picks to get an A grade midfield.
Berry, Shoenberg etc etc are midfield fillers, not your A graders that are going to win matches for you.
I don't think it is unreasonable to see perennial underachievers in the gun when they don't perform

I’m confused. How is Sholl In and Out?
5bb3f44d2200005700dbf858.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is knowing what needs to be done and actually being able to stomach it on a week to week basis. I struggle with this. Ultimately though it shouldn't matter if fans are cracking the shits. The club needs to be above that. They literally told everyone they have a 5 year plan and now they seem to be going hell for leather trying to secure a mid-table finish with selection policies that resemble Don Pyke circa 2019.
I didn't think Nicks would do it but this year his selections has that exact Don Pyke feel to them.
Backing in the old guys when they cant get the job done when a more deserving youngster should be given a go.

You think we have done a rebuild and we haven't used one pick on a full time midfielder, that's crazy stuff.
You cant rely on 2nd and 3rd rounder draft picks to get an A grade midfield.
Berry, Shoenberg etc etc are midfield fillers, not your A graders that are going to win matches for you.
I don't think it is unreasonable to see perennial underachievers in the gun when they don't perform
There's a natural attrition at the bottom end though .....again draft picks / trades incoming this year ....and hopefully a turn around next year by Berry ....will squeeze 2-3 players out

So the mix can change in one off-season .....however that team connection cannot be achieved overnight

I didn't think Nicks would do it but this year his selections has that exact Don Pyke feel to them.
Backing in the old guys when they cant get the job done when a more deserving youngster should be given a go.
Because all the experienced Coaches do the same ......experienced teams win games, inexperienced teams lose games

Chris Scott is the king of backing in the old guys .....Horse does the same ....so it's not a coaching flaw

Back