Preview Changes: R19 vs Dees, Sunday July 23rd 2:50pm ACST @ MCG

How many unforced changes will we make?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s a pass mark for him? 15 touches 3-4 marks 3-4 tackles?
He has to actually do something now he is given the chance - I really liked him when he first came in but has seemed really soft watching his Sanfl efforts

No one expects him to get another game with a 10 touch effort do they? he isn’t a first year rookie

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why? Why does he need to hit figures in the 1st game?

Selection of a player you see as part of the future should come with a guarantee of a block of games.

1st game is about finding your feet and the pace of the game , 2nd game should see slight improvement and then the 3rd game is the standard

If you can't afford that to a player you have no development plan

Why? Why does he need to hit figures in the 1st game?

Selection of a player you see as part of the future should come with a guarantee of a block of games.

1st game is about finding your feet and the pace of the game , 2nd game should see slight improvement and then the 3rd game is the standard

If you can't afford that to a player you have no development plan
This weekend is Cook's 12th game in 3 years .....I understand rookies getting 2-3 games to find the pace, surely though the expectation of Cook, after 3 years, should be about production

What’s a pass mark for him? 15 touches 3-4 marks 3-4 tackles?
He has to actually do something now he is given the chance - I really liked him when he first came in but has seemed really soft watching his Sanfl efforts

No one expects him to get another game with a 10 touch effort do they? he isn’t a first year rookie

Absolutely he should get another game.
We should take the pressure off him and say you’ve got the next month to show what you’ve got.
Why can’t we carry one player, we carry multiple each week.
Not sure why it’s only the young ones that have to prove themselves first game in.

Last edited:
Absolutely he should get another game.
We should take the pressure off him and say you’ve got the next month to show what we’ve got.
Why can’t we carry one player, we carry multiple each week.
So why then do our dumbfxxk coacjing and selection team carry on endlessly about continuity.. but that aeems to only apply to our older more experienced players.

Surely if you believe continuity is the key.. and we’ve heard Nicksy and his fellow dipshits use the word on numerous occassions.. then, barring injury. if you are bringing a young player in you should give him a decent streak of games right?..

But no.. we bring them in for a game.. and if we lose that game we blame it on them and they are the first to go straight back out..

Edit: my comment wasnt in response to yours.. it was just yours was the last in the line of the conversation..

I agree with your comment.

Murphy, a 90-gamer, wasn't dropped on the back of a 7 touch effort or 4 touch effort.

Sloane, a 250-gamer, wasn't dropped on the back of a 12 touch effort or a 14 touch effort.

Keays, a 100-gamer, wasn't dropped on the back of three successive 12 touch efforts.

Sholl, a 50-gamer, wasn't dropped on the back of a 11 touch effort or two 12 touch efforts.

Milera, a 90-gamer, wasn't dropped on the back of 11 and 13 touches in successive weeks.

But Cook, a 10-gamer, should definitely be dropped if he only gets 10 touches?

This weekend is Cook's 12th game in 3 years .....I understand rookies getting 2-3 games to find the pace, surely though the expectation of Cook, after 3 years, should be about production
Yeah, after 12 months out, he should just come in and rack em up. Jesus wept.

I'm at the point where I want us to lose so we can get a better shot in the draft and increased chances of getting a good coach.
I think we will lose most of our remaining games. 3 or 4 bad losses and Nick's will be gone I hope.

Yeah, after 12 months out, he should just come in and rack em up. Jesus wept.
So zero expectations then

Fact is, of the 3 players selected, Cook is the player who has not deserved the opportunity, based on his SANFL performances .....but hey, he'll rise to the occasion right ?

Fact is, of the 3 players selected, Cook is the player who has not deserved the opportunity, based on his SANFL performances .....but hey, he'll rise to the occasion right ?

He's been pretty good in the SANFL when I've watched him

Yet this thinking is pervasive out in Crowland and inside Crowland
So GC no interest in trying to make Finals ......you want to go back into development phase ?

The mood of this board changes weekly, based on a win or loss ......replace poor performers, then criticise their replacements .....it's a never ending cycle

The Club has made some great in-roads this year .....you can argue the merits of putting continuity & connection over and above cycling fresh players thru the side

I'd suggest Burgess played a big part in the decisions around this .....but that's pure speculation on my part

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not serious in suggesting Hately is better than Crouch ? ......and I'm glad Crouch will be off the list this year, but Hately will also be joining him .....Crouch will see this opportunity as an advertisement to other Clubs, for next year

Better career wise or better now? Because the answer to the latter is 100% yes. Hately had a pretty strong impact when played in that role last year. Perhaps take your eyes off the stat sheet and watch the game occasionally.

Last edited:
Whilst not particularly happy Crouch is in, he has come in for the one player he can replace.

One aspect to him being in is seeing how he can play that pure inside mid role. Yes he is a crab, first look sideways. But if he is able to be more attacking he could be useful.

His close in handballing and inside mid craft is better than Laird.

Having said that, I prefer Hately gets that chance. He too is a pure inside mid.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many of the good 22s are rolling with a pure inside mid that can’t progress the ball forwards from the contest either on foot, by foot or with creative handball. We are unique in that we value a player who can’t get the ball forward of the contest unless it’s an indiscriminate hack kick. But by gum, we love their stats.

Crouch back in Crows’ line-up

will make at least three changes for its clash against Melbourne at the MCG on Sunday, as it looks to keep its finals chances alive. With Rory Laird out with a shoulder injury, Matt Crouch and Harry Schoenberg have been flung into the Crows’ engine room, while Brayden Cook is set to come in on a wing for Matthew Nicks’ side. Crouch, 28, has only managed one AFL game this year - as the tactical sub against Geelong in round 8. The prolific ballwinner, who is out of contract at the end of this season, has the chance to remind the league why he was an All-Australian, the 2017 Malcolm Blight medallist getting a much-needed lifeline. Nicks said Crouch had shown strong SANFL form. “Crouchy has been a standout,” he said. “Guys like (Jackson) Hately, Schoenberg, there are a number of guys I could talk through that have been pushing for an opportunity. “It’s disappointing Lairdy won’t be there, but the pleasing thing is we’ve got guys ready to come in that deserve an opportunity. “We’ll try and bring in a little bit of freshness and a spark.” Hately, Patrick Parnell, Elliott Himmelberg and the untried Luke Nankervis have been named on the extended interchange for the clash on Sunday, along with Ned McHenry who was the tactical sub in the Crows’ loss to GWS last time out. Josh Rachele starts the first of his two-game ban for striking, Lachie Sholl has been dropped, while firstyear player Max Michalanney has been managed. Despite being rested last week, Jake Soligo returns to footy via the SANFL. The Crows will be looking to find a rare away win to keep their finals chances alive after they were dealt a big blow when they went down to the Giants at Adelaide Oval last week. This was despite going into the final quarter with a lead, which Nicks said his side would learn from. “The fact we were up and in the position we were in at three-quartertime, it was always going to be a tough game and we were up for it for the majority of the night, but just didn’t have it when it mattered in the last quarter,” Nicks said. “We go through that (last quarter), have a really good look at it and learn from it, as we look to respond against a quality side this week.”

1689921227716.png

As always his SuperCoach ownership will tell us if he’s any good or not.

So GC no interest in trying to make Finals ......you want to go back into development phase ?

The mood of this board changes weekly, based on a win or loss ......replace poor performers, then criticise their replacements .....it's a never ending cycle

The Club has made some great in-roads this year .....you can argue the merits of putting continuity & connection over and above cycling fresh players thru the side

I'd suggest Burgess played a big part in the decisions around this .....but that's pure speculation on my part
I think a lot of supporters are over with the 'trying to make finals' policy of the club.
We've bottomed out, we are doing a rebuild.
We want to develop a squad for the longer term that has a good chance of winning a premiership.
Too many decisions by the club don't give you the faith that they will get the process right to get the long term success we are looking for.
You just have to look at our midfield to confirm that

As always his SuperCoach ownership will tell us if he’s any good or not.
LOL ......only approx 20% of AFL players get selected ......and WINGS rarely

I think Cook has a lot of talent, an innate talent you can't teach .....however, without the desire & hard work, I've seen hundreds of equally talented players not make the grade

I'm still to see him bust a gut

I don't have any expectations of Cook. I except M Crouch, as an ex AA and BnF, to have 30 meaningful touches and beat his opponent. Because, ya know, he's our best performer in the Twos and should be re-signed on a multi year deal.

Back