Preview Changes V Gold Coast TIO Stadium SATURDAY NIGHT June 3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d prefer Worrell over Hinge. I don’t understand what the fanfare with Hinge is.
Well, for starters, Hinge can play for 4 quarters, not 3 :sneaky:. Worrell was gassed @ 3/4 time.

I don't understand what the fanfare with Worrell is. While I wanted to see him at AFL level, his 3 quarters didn't set the team on fire.

The mental gymnastics by the sycophants knows no bounds. Rather than accept he was overlooked for returning players they’ve created this allusion he was rested otherwise he’d be picked for sure.

Now let’s put the pieces together.

Hinge plays all year and against the Bulldogs, Worrell did not.
Hinge gets concussed, Worrell plays.
Hinge returns from injury, Worrell does not.
Club issues statement “Hinge returns, Worrell is unlucky, squeezed out, omitted”

Sycophants, not accepting the club could have made such a call, “he’s not playing because he cramped up, otherwise he surely would have played”.

Now they have not offered who Worrell would have been selected ahead of, but he just would have played.

The irony is I can understand Hinge coming straight back, he’s had a great year. But we could have rested Sloane whose form has been waning, Hinge plays wing rotation and Soligo middle.

Ultimately I doubt we will see Murray, Butts, Doedee and Worrell playing in the same team very often. Brisbane was a bit of a special case because of their range of tall forwards and injuries to Smith and Hinge. Worrell will need to displace Butts or Doedee.

The mental gymnastics by the sycophants knows no bounds. Rather than accept he was overlooked for returning players they’ve created this allusion he was rested otherwise he’d be picked for sure.

Club issues statement “Hinge returns, Worrell is unlucky, squeezed out, omitted”

Sycophants, not accepting the club could have made such a call, “he’s not playing because he cramped up, otherwise he surely would have played”.

Now they have not offered who Worrell would have been selected ahead of, but he just would have played.

The irony is I can understand Hinge coming straight back, he’s had a great year. But we could have rested Sloane whose form has been waning, Hinge plays wing rotation and Soligo middle.
So you think that the only reason Worrel is not playing is because the coaches did not want to drop Sloane? Or is it because they are too stupid to work out your masterstroke?

Ultimately I doubt we will see Murray, Butts, Doedee and Worrell playing in the same team very often. Brisbane was a bit of a special case because of their range of tall forwards and injuries to Smith and Hinge. Worrell will need to displace Butts or Doedee.
Sorry that's rubbish as Worrell is not a KDP but a defender that can play on talls if required and just adds so much flexibility to our defensive capabilities.
Just don't understand what more could have done last game.
Please please don't take McHenry as sub as although posters trying to put positives on his game last week because he didn't give away so many frees and lucky to get a gift goal etc .
But what does he actually offer with lack of size ,kicking ability and any AFL skills .

So you think that the only reason Worrel is not playing is because the coaches did not want to drop Sloane? Or is it because they are too stupid to work out your masterstroke?
Is that what your genius came up with?

No, the only reason Worrell isn’t playing is because he was dropped for Hinge who is playing defence.

My Sloane comment relates to what I would have done.

Why do you think Worrell isn’t playing?

Well okay he is below in the pecking order. Teams travelling well ( prior to this game!!) so let’s say he was any considered good enough

Imagine what we will say if Redman comes as well and there is another back to consider?

He was in the 22 pre season though - you would agree
He did get a serious soft tissue injury that meant missing 8-9 weeks?

He was gassed/cramping in the last when he came off

We are playing in hot humid conditions that will test out fitness

Perhaps those are the reasons he is now not automatic selection? All the points above are accurate.

But you do you and create an argument and a “club always right v the club always wrong” debate.

And I am all for Worrell, but I don’t think it’s a surprise or unreasonable at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But what does he actually offer with lack of size ,kicking ability and any AFL skills .
Harsh. I'm not a huge fan, but Ned's short kicking into the F50 is at a quite good level.

And as annoying and ineffectively hyperactive as he can be, he can also be effectively hyperactive. Remember the dogs game where nobody ran to space and we couldn't move the ball?

McHenry generates a lot of uncontested possession passing options through running.

He's our best sub.

Is that what your genius came up with?

No, the only reason Worrell isn’t playing is because he was dropped for Hinge who is playing defence.

My Sloane comment relates to what I would have done.

Why do you think Worrell isn’t playing?
Sorry to say I'm not a genius. From your comments towards the club's decisions I get the impression that you believe you have more ability than the present selectors, in selecting the correct squad. Even though you may not have inner sanctum knowledge.
As far as my view on why Worrell is not playing, Worrell was replaced in the last quarter because (assumption) he was cramping. If that was the case, I believe that the selection panel did not want to run the risk of him not being able to finish the game.

Sorry to say I'm not a genius. From your comments towards the club's decisions I get the impression that you believe you have more ability than the present selectors, in selecting the correct squad. Even though you may not have inner sanctum knowledge.
As far as my view on why Worrell is not playing, Worrell was replaced in the last quarter because (assumption) he was cramping. If that was the case, I believe that the selection panel did not want to run the risk of him not being able to finish the game.
And whose place would he have taken had he not cramped?

Also are you saying the club lied in their statement and why would they do that?

And do I have more ability? No, I don’t think that, but I believe I have the ability to identify some errors. Some are so obvious the coach even admits to them ;)

He's a mobile 195cm defender who marks well and distributes well by foot.

Why wouldn't you have him in the side?
I'd like to preface my answer by saying I think Worrell will eventually be best-22 and has a big future.
But right now?
Quarter One:
--- Worrell's first kick (checkside) went ootf. I suspect he tried a checkside kick because he has no R foot, but not sure.
--- he then made good position for a handball-receive not long after, but his second kick plonked straight onto Coleman's chest (Coleman's next two marks came in quick time from Jones (!) and Dawson (!), the latter resulting in Brisbane's first goal <<slaps forehead>> ).

OK, it was a nervous start. Understandable. Another poster (I've forgotten whom, sorry) said that Worrell was "brilliant" o_O. Yeah/nah.

He was subbed out because of alleged cramps, but he looked cooked, to me.
Hinge is ready? Hinge has recovered? Good.
At this time wrt to form and contribution, Hinge comes IN, Worrell OUT.
Sensible selection (and I haven't said that often in the last 3.5 years).

CLEAN'S DRINKING GAME

My best mate is here from Australia. Absolutely have to spice the game up because locals have no idea wtf is happening. OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS.

Do a shot:
1) Atkins shirks a contest
2) Milera baulks or sidesteps an opponent
3) Doedee falls over (this is the danger shot)
4) ROB taps to an opposition mid
5) Fog does a fend off
6) Pedlar does a one-handed pickup

Do three shots:
1) Smith kicks a goal
2) Murray injures a team member
3) Soligo dribbles a field kick
4) Sloane is the highest possession winner in Q4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this shows that Nicks really wants this one for finals and isn't taking any risk of any cramps.
This!
Beat GCS and we should be 8-5 at the bye, which would be a strong, rather unexpected poz after our first 2 rounds.
Then come back out on fire and belt the Pies, away!! ... (I wish)

CLEAN'S DRINKING GAME

My best mate is here from Australia. Absolutely have to spice the game up because locals have no idea wtf is happening. OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS.

Do a shot:
5) Fog does a fend off

Do three shots:
1) Smith kicks a goal
Do you want people to die?

CLEAN'S DRINKING GAME

Do a shot:
5) Fog does a fend off

Do three shots:
1) Smith kicks a goal

You won’t remember the game past quarter time with that set up, especially with a shot for every time Rob taps it to a opposition mid.

You won’t remember the game past quarter time with that set up, especially with a shot for every time Rob taps it to a opposition mid.
My usual comment about ROB at least once or twice a match

"WHY THE F#$% DID HE TAP IT THERE FOR"

The only way Worrell is a regular in the best 22 is if the crows send a defender back to the Sanfl. He probably should be in the best 22 but there isnt a player not deserving of a spot whose playing right now, arguably only Murphy and you aren't going to move Milera to a smaller players spot just to fit Worrell. Murphy is holding down McAdams spot if any and if not McAdam right now it would be a Berry. I've also read others suggest Sholl. But again, why would you move Milera out of the backline when his ability and class in deep traffic is simply elite. Max took Worrells spot due to injury and thats all there is too it. Its unfortunate. I feel sorry for him but timing is everything. Parnell should be playing too. But due to building depth he is also a victim of lack of injuries.

So you want our best defender on the wing and our in form winger in the sanfl for a player who has never made himself irreplaceable?
Hinge isn't our best defender imo, and I think he's much better on the wing than in defense. Putting worrel down back allows hinge to play wing. And I don't rate sholl at all, I think he's weak, soft and rarely impacts games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back