2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Some good numbers from our guys / Morton, Cripps, Embly, Wilson, McInnes, Hams and probably a couple I've missed, all had really good games going by the stats. Will be interesting to get some input from people who watched these games. The squad is coming along nicely.

Ha....ha... And a good win to the mighty Royals. Great weekend so far.

I don't give a **** about the princesses from East Perth, South Freo finally won a game this season

woooooooooooo

Souths Vs Freo lite
Carter 8K, 3H, 3M, 1T, 1i50, 1B
Hams 15K, 9H, 8M, 3T, 2i50, 4G, 3B

Claremont Vs East Freo
McGinnity 7K, 8H, 2M, 3T, 4i50, 1G
Dalziell 15K, 16H, 7M, 4T, 6i50, 1G, 3B
Brown 7K, 7H, 3M, 1i50

Swan Districts Vs East Perth
Embley 15K, 13H, 5M, 3HO, 3i50, 1G, 1B
Cripps 12K, 8H, 4M, 3T, 7i50
Lycett 2K, 5H, 1M, 6HO, 1G (Injured)
Morton 17K, 4H, 8M, 3T, 1i50
Wilson 12K, 7H, 5M, 1i50

Perth Vs Subiaco
McInnes 9K, 11H, 9M, 2i50
Smith 4K, 2H, 1M, 1i50, 1B (Injured)

Reserves Watch
Nicoski 7K, 1H, 2M, 2T, 1i50
College 11K, 4H, 5M, 4T, 4i50, 2G
Bennell 5K, 4H, 1M, 2T, 1i50

Future Watch!
Waterman 13K, 10H, 5M, 3T, 3i50, 1G

Carter 8K, 3H, 3M, 1T, 1i50, 1B
Hams 15K, 9H, 8M, 3T, 2i50, 4G, 3B
McGinnity 7K, 8H, 2M, 3T, 4i50, 1G
Dalziell 15K, 16H, 7M, 4T, 6i50, 1G, 3B
Brown 7K, 7H, 3M, 1i50
Embley 15K, 13H, 5M, 3HO, 3i50, 1G, 1B
Cripps 12K, 8H, 4M, 3T, 7i50
Lycett 2K, 5H, 1M, 6HO, 1G
Morton 17K, 4H, 8M, 3T, 1i50
Wilson 12K, 7H, 5M, 1i50
McInnes 9K, 11H, 9M, 2i50
Smith 4K, 2H, 1M, 1i50, 1B

Bit of a bummer that Lycett tweaked his groin - only played half a game, apparently.

In the Colts:​
McAlister kicked another bag of five goals. As far as small forwards go we should really look at him in the PSD/ Rookie. Averaging 3.5 goals a game a the moment. Was excluded from the state squad perhaps because of his 174cm height.​
Harry Court from Claremont who i really rate. Played a freakish game.​
17k, 18h, 35d, 10m, 1.0g, 7t​
He's eligible for the 2014 draft.​

Caught the first half of the game in Freo today and Hams was awesome. Very influential from what I seen.

Bit of a bummer that Lycett tweaked his groin - only played half a game, apparently.

And its a bit of a groin-er that Smith tweaked his bum!

Actually that's a shame about Lycett, been in good WAFL form for 5-6 weeks and I wanted Cox rested against GWS. We won't have that luxury now.

According to the West Australian (have your grain of salt ready) the following Eagles were named amongst the best players for their respective clubs in the WAFL today; Dalziell, Brown, Hams, Wilson, Embley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win by the Mighty Royals !!!!

Embley was Swans best player.
Morton played his best game so far - given BOG by the guys on the radio.
Cripps - his disposal still hurts sometimes but love the fact he has a bot of mongrel about him
Wilson - good game, is a beautiful kick

Great win by the Mighty Royals !!!!

Embley was Swans best player.
Morton played his best game so far - given BOG by the guys on the radio.
Cripps - his disposal still hurts sometimes but love the fact he has a bot of mongrel about him
Wilson - good game, is a beautiful kick
You sir, are kidding, aren't you?

Thought Morton, Cripps and Wilson were great, JON played one of his best games too, I reckon, would trade most of the Swans side at the moment, but I am angry at present......

Can anyone tell me more about Morton?

What did he do well and where did he struggle?

Where did he play?

I noticed he got off to a quick start in the first quarter and then didn't find it at all in the 2nd, did a tag go to him?

Thanks in advance, if anyone answers.

Jimmy_the_Gent Morton has been put in defence, to half back, the past few games I've seen. The old, take the horse to water and see if it drinks. Well, his last 2 games, suggest he might be starting to drink. Very good overhead, is putting his head over it in packs now. Probably not running enough, or opening up games enough would be my nit picky comments.

Was it the second quarter where the Eagles got on a roll and the ball may have not gone into the Swans forward line much?

His last 2 games have been his best, by far and I think royalsfan or ROYAL EAGLE would agree with this but give you more insight. :thumbsu:

Thanks swannies.

Believe it or not, I posted in the Morton player thread on Nov 1st and said he should play in defence and I posted on October 30th that he was a good mark.

But enough pumping up my awesome football knowledge for now...

I'm going to add your post to the Morton thread, if it's cool (Let me know if it isn't, otherwise, I'm just going to do it). :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back