Zidane's Headbutt

Remove this Banner Ad

jo172 said:
As credible as lip readers go anyway;)

True, but I'm willing to believe it. This Materazzi bloke sounds like one hell of a pr**k anyway.

Looking at the animations of the video, before Materazzi hit the ground he tried his hardest to kick Zidane on his way down, luckily for Zidane Materazzi's left leg wasn't between his legs.

thebigboy said:
There has got to be more in it than that. Zindane is not the type of player who would go and headbutt a player unless he was provoked.

Don't be suprsised if Materazzi doesn't come under investigation for something verbal.

Doesn matter if Materazzi said anything its sport there is always bein something said sledgin is the word im looking for you have to learn to either say something back or block it out. You do not react like that because there will be consequences.

yeah i was gonna say...do you really think materazzi would of said the same thing in everyday life?? i dont think so, their is always annoying players who delibrately go out to stir or annoy opponents just like there are in aussie rules..and as far as materazzi is concerned he did his job because he got zidane to react which is what he would of wanted to happen, why else would he say that? nobody here knows him personally! and that event may just have won the world cup for italy, now if you were given the choice of being a world cup winner or loser, im sure you would pick winner and materazzi did what he thought was best in the situation and i'm pretty sure zidane woulda done something to set him off as well i doubt marco would of just said that randomly

Materazzi got Bellamy sent off in the first minute of a CL match against Inter at St James Park a few years back after verbally inciting him, and Bellamy retaliated just like Zizou. They guy is scum and he's been at it for years.

Bourky23 said:
yeah i was gonna say...do you really think materazzi would of said the same thing in everyday life?? i dont think so, their is always annoying players who delibrately go out to stir or annoy opponents just like there are in aussie rules..and as far as materazzi is concerned he did his job because he got zidane to react which is what he would of wanted to happen, why else would he say that? nobody here knows him personally! and that event may just have won the world cup for italy, now if you were given the choice of being a world cup winner or loser, im sure you would pick winner and materazzi did what he thought was best in the situation and i'm pretty sure zidane woulda done something to set him off as well i doubt marco would of just said that randomly
Yeah right.

CarterS said:
Materazzi got Bellamy sent off in the first minute of a CL match against Inter at St James Park a few years back after verbally inciting him, and Bellamy retaliated just like Zizou. The guy is scum and he's been at it for years.
but enough of bellamy, we're talking about materazzi here ;)

we were actually wondering, did he say whatever he's alleged to have said in french, italian or english? zidane's italian is a bit dodgy apparently, and I haven't a scooby if materazzi speaks french or if either of them speak english. is it possible something was lost in the translation?

Smokin said:
I love the way that pig Zidane can continually do this sorta stuff through all his career, but the media darling is always protected, and now this turns on the Italian!

When Totti got sent off for spitting, there was a story behind it, but did the media and fans alike attack the provoker? Hell no, Totti was a dog, a rat etc.

Who cares what was said? There is no excuse for what ZZ did, just like there was no excuse for what Totti did.

The double standards is amazing. but predictable. It's not like ZZ is an angel and never been in this position before. He is a serial thug and cheap-shot artist.

You want to talk about Racism? What about two racist articles written by German newspapers about the Italians, before and after eliminating Germany? Where was the uproar to that? There was an uproar in Italy, but who else mentioned it?

Now apparently Italians are racist? Give me a break.
Great post.

I was born in Australia to Italian parents and have dual citizenship. I was going for Australia in the Cup and am very much Australian. I was also delighted when Italy won the world cup.

Matarazzi isn't a sportsman but is a professional football player. If you don't think there aren't at least half the professional players in the world that would so the same as him then you are crazy. Hands up who thinks the Australian cricket team regularly says worse? I don't condone it and it should be stamped out but like the diving for free kicks, sledging a part of sport and ALL teams do it.

The racism in this thread is crazy and I think people are lucky that there not booted off the site. Comments about a person due to their nationality are not on.

suprise suprise nothing racist was said! From both reports, looks very much like everyday sleldging in most sports in this world.

I wonder if the global media who had pretty much labelled Materazzi a racist pig will retract or apologise? What about the English one who obviously fabricated "lipreaders" and such to try and bury him.

Somehow I doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooldude said:
The media attention have been embarrassing

Just proves what a bunch of dimwits the world media are

Agreed they wouldn make such a big deal about it if an italian and Zidane was involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back