Zidane's Headbutt

Remove this Banner Ad

sheller891 said:
i hope it is (dirty italian pig), for it will also clear zidane somewhat and not leave an ever-lasting "stain" on an otherwise amazing career
seeing you're implying that matterazzi was being racist, is your parenthetical comment not a wee bit ironic?

I reckon what he said was "feck off friar tuck"

Isn't it funny how FIFA don't want Video replays, yet they use the video replay to give Zidane a red card? However, they can't use a video replay when Italy dived their way past Australia! Funny that.

Or what about their alleged crackdown on racism? If they cracked down Materazzi should never have stepped foot in Germany, he's always been a racist prick. Yet again, he looks as if he is going to get away with being a racist.

Brilliant work, FIFA. :rolleyes:

Corrosion said:
Isn't it funny how FIFA don't want Video replays, yet they use the video replay to give Zidane a red card? However, they can't use a video replay when Italy dived their way past Australia! Funny that.

I think if they didnt use the replay and didnt send of Zidane then it would of caused a riot. What ZZ did was wrong and he deserved to get sent off but what would of been worse was if FIFA didnt use the technology at their disposal and not send ZZ off.

-Mav

My first thought was Materazzi made a racist comment, Zidane has had brain explosions in the past but to react as strongly as he did would suggest something was said. Not excusing what ZZ did of course.

It's a shame that he'll always be remembered for what he did in the last minutes of his career.

Corrosion said:

Well, if one believes FIFA :rolleyes: - the fourth official communicated with the assistant ref on the sidelines. The fourth ref does not have video access. That is the FIFA line, and they are sticking to it.

FIFA clearly needs to look at the situation with referees, but instant replay is not going to be the answer. Might be more beneficial to have two refs on the field, each covering about 70% of the field and helping the other official on interpretation.

ZidaneTerryTate.gif

Borgsta said:
Would it really? When was his first time?

Took me a while to find a source but I guess they'd be thinking of this occasion although its debatable as to whether it constitutes racism against Materazzi but its a lack of respect/understanding of the racism that was being targeted at him....

Earlier this season in a match between Messina and Inter in Sicily,Marc Zoro picked up the ball and walked off the pitch in protest at the monkey chants spewed at him by savage Inter fans. “I was fed up with it,” explained the 21-year-old Ivorian. “It was the classic treatment of black players in Italy - it happens all over the country, Lazio fans being the worst,” he continued, many of his team mates supporter him and apologised on behalf of the club one team mate Materazzi shouted ’stop that, Zoro, you’re just trying to make a name for yourself’.” Zoro’s response, “I didn’t even argue with him, I’ve no intention of lowering myself to that level.” (http://www.mentalacrobatics.com/think/archives/2006/05/racism_in_football.php)

Also even Lippi has come out and said the red was decided by video, FIFA cant deny it.

FIFA says....

"This was definitely not video evidence," Fifa spokesman Andreas Herren told BBC Five Live.

Lippi says....
"And you will realise that it was not Materazzi who got the attention of the referee.

"It was the fourth and fifth officials looking at the video at the edge of the pitch.

"We did not do anything. They saw it and they called the attention of the referee. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/france/5152728.stm)
I'm amazed Lippi would admit it being decided by video evidence but I'm now sure they did use video as although he backs his players with a little-bit over-the-top statements I cant imagine he'd be wrong with this and make it up.

BBC reveal what Materazzi said to ZZ

The British BBC television station employed an Italian lip reader to read what the tattooed thug said to ZZ.

When they came together and he pinched ZZ he said "calm down' and as ZZ walked away materazzi wished a painful death on ZZ and on his family. What a lowlife thing to say given that ZZ has just learned his mother is seriously ill. Materazzi is scum.

Good on Zinedine for nutting the ****. Having decided to go for him He should have aimed at materazzi's ugly mug and polesaxed the scum.

Not sure how reliable this is as I did not get it direct from the Guardian website.
:
Tuesday July 11, 2006
The Guardian
An Italian lip-reader last night claimed to have deciphered the words Marco Materazzi said to Zinédine Zidane that provoked the French captain into butting him in the chest during Sunday's World Cup final, the great midfielder's final act before a red card ended his career in top-level football.
According to the BBC, Materazzi said, "I wish an ugly death to you and all your family," and then told Zidane to "go **** yourself".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

phoenix_rise_ said:
Took me a while to find a source but I guess they'd be thinking of this occasion although its debatable as to whether it constitutes racism against Materazzi but its a lack of respect/understanding of the racism that was being targeted at him....

Earlier this season in a match between Messina and Inter in Sicily,Marc Zoro picked up the ball and walked off the pitch in protest at the monkey chants spewed at him by savage Inter fans. “I was fed up with it,” explained the 21-year-old Ivorian. “It was the classic treatment of black players in Italy - it happens all over the country, Lazio fans being the worst,” he continued, many of his team mates supporter him and apologised on behalf of the club one team mate Materazzi shouted ’stop that, Zoro, you’re just trying to make a name for yourself’.” Zoro’s response, “I didn’t even argue with him, I’ve no intention of lowering myself to that level.” (http://www.mentalacrobatics.com/think/archives/2006/05/racism_in_football.php)

Doesnt even come close to racism.

I love the way that pig Zidane can continually do this sorta stuff through all his career, but the media darling is always protected, and now this turns on the Italian!

When Totti got sent off for spitting, there was a story behind it, but did the media and fans alike attack the provoker? Hell no, Totti was a dog, a rat etc.

Who cares what was said? There is no excuse for what ZZ did, just like there was no excuse for what Totti did.

The double standards is amazing. but predictable. It's not like ZZ is an angel and never been in this position before. He is a serial thug and cheap-shot artist.

You want to talk about Racism? What about two racist articles written by German newspapers about the Italians, before and after eliminating Germany? Where was the uproar to that? There was an uproar in Italy, but who else mentioned it?

Now apparently Italians are racist? Give me a break.

Materrazzi said "I wish a painful death on you and your family"

Chief said:
Any man who said that to me would probably get the same. On or off the field.

Same, but I reckon I could control myself for atleast 15 minutes on the worlds biggest stage. Theres a time and a place IMO

It was on BBC Refried Noodle last night, they showed it in slow motion and had 3 lip readers who work with the Italian police on the show and they agreeed thats what he said.

Its 100% clear really when you watch it that close up and that slow, its clear he says I wish and the rest is less obvious but its there

I actually saw that BBC piece today - because Zidane's head was not facing camera, they could not determine what he said, but allegedly, that is what Materazzi said after the pinchy pinchy.

Scum.

I wouldnt have done what Zidane did, I would have kicked him in the balls.

9 times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back