Random YouTube: Strangely addictive vids serving no purpose what so ever

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of being strangely addictive, this channel is made by a prominent Goldeneye 007 speedrunner and he started a series where he goes through the 25 year history of every level's world records detailing the evolving strategies and the history of the top players. As someone who dipped a toe into speedrunning as a kid, and someone who played Goldeneye a ton, I find it quite cool the amount of detail and history that goes into telling a story with every video. Though I doubt anyone who doesn't like games would care; it certainly holds no purpose whatsoever.

In terms of being strangely addictive, this channel is made by a prominent Goldeneye 007 speedrunner and he started a series where he goes through the 25 year history of every level's world records detailing the evolving strategies and the history of the top players. As someone who dipped a toe into speedrunning as a kid, and someone who played Goldeneye a ton, I find it quite cool the amount of detail and history that goes into telling a story with every video. Though I doubt anyone who doesn't like games would care; it certainly holds no purpose whatsoever.

If you like Speedrunning check out SummoningSalt's YouTube channel. He goes through the history of heaps of games' speedruns and researches really well

Reporter: Do you think there's life on other planets?
Responder: Uh, no, I'm German

wtf :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Although, having worked with Germans I think some of them might be from another planet...:eyes:

If you haven't seen a Tom Scott video, he's worth checking out if you like tech and science.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can watch science videos all freaking day if the person makes it interesting enough...and this bloke is pretty good

If you're into Steve Mould, then he's part of a coterie of science youtubers .

My favourite is Matt Parker

(This one happens to be about speedrunning).

If you're into math, you should check out numberphile.

Specifically this video (again featuring matt)

If you're into Steve Mould, then he's part of a coterie of science youtubers .

My favourite is Matt Parker

(This one happens to be about speedrunning).

If you're into math, you should check out numberphile.

Specifically this video (again featuring matt)

I love Stand Up maths. Great channel

I totally fail at math. Utterly and completely.

That's the point!

Math is hard, and people who are good at it, fail all the time.

Which is kind of why they are trying to change that narrative.

I keep watching this clip because its freaking amazing. Not youtube but hell - this is a real life version of every science fiction movie I've ever seen and I think its amazeballs!!

Back when I worked for Disney Cruise Line we stayed out of port in Florida one night and got to watch a SpaceX launch and see the reuseable parts return back to the ground. Was spectacular

I keep watching this clip because its freaking amazing. Not youtube but hell - this is a real life version of every science fiction movie I've ever seen and I think its amazeballs!!

It seems so smooth that it's hard to imagine that's all happening while both objects are travelling at around 25,000 kph!

It seems so smooth that it's hard to imagine that's all happening while both objects are travelling at around 25,000 kph!

The important thing would be the relative speed difference between the two of them .

Here comes the Sun.

Have some solar flares curtesy of NASA

And this one is freaking amazing in terms of helping pleeps like me understand the scale of the universe.

You may enjoy this as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back