News Wylie Buzza signs with Southport

Remove this Banner Ad

He definitely looks very awkward. Sometimes awkward looking players can find a way to be effective though, especially guys who are as tall and as competitive as Buzza. We'll see I guess.
Very true, and I'm fully aware I've judged him on a singular moment. Let's hope he is good, because that's good for him and good for us.

From Geelong to Port, he'd walk in and go 'Where's the gym?'

Our players:

images

kenny will have him slimmed down and doing circlework from the half forward flank to the back flank in no time

Very true, and I'm fully aware I've judged him on a singular moment. Let's hope he is good, because that's good for him and good for us.

Best case scenario for Buzza is probably a Levi Casboult type. Levi's no superstar but he's played 100+ games as a KPF at AFL level, which would have made him quite clearly our third best KPF of this decade if he'd done it here. If we got a Casboult level player as a DFA I'd be pretty happy with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide recruit Wylie Buzza hits the training track and is determined to become more than just a back-up option for Charlie Dixon.

I work in football in Queensland....as in these guys coached him at various points.
Buzza's from Gatton isn't he?

Had me Googling the Lockyer Valley AFC that I used to play against only to find that the Magpies (wore Collingwood guernseys) are now the Demons. IIRC there was a Warwick Demons in the DDAFL back in the day.

Best case scenario for Buzza is probably a Levi Casboult type. Levi's no superstar but he's played 100+ games as a KPF at AFL level, which would have made him quite clearly our third best KPF of this decade if he'd done it here. If we got a Casboult level player as a DFA I'd be pretty happy with it.
Yeah, that's a pretty good comparison. Casboult has an outstanding set of hands, with a bit of a dodgy kick. Hopefully, Buzza brings enough to lock down a role as a support KPF. Him and Dixon surrounded by talent. Let's be honest, he's in a role that there is very little competition for on our list at the moment. That could be a blessing for him.

He speaks well and has a nice touch of self-confidence it's not a bad aim if he thinks he can grab a spot by pushing a 2nd ruck out of the queue, Ken has shown nothing to suggest he'll ever manage a two genuine ruck system with success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back