Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
When this guy gets concerned, then people should seriously be worried.

John Campbell became a nutter who appeals to anti vax crazies some time ago. No one of any credibility in the relevant medical fields takes his words seriously. Only nutters who want to pollute discussion threads with his “exposes”.

Any of this mate?

Nobody I know has had myocarditis or anything like what you describe. What you describe sounds like a cluster, which is normal across a large population.

There is no evidence that any of the vaccines cause fertility issues. That just sounds like a coincidence - we're all getting older.

I'll have whatever vaccine is recommended until evidence tells me otherwise.

Don’t be dumb arses. The MRNA vaccines had significant side effects. It took a pandemic for them to be able to get them out of the cupboard and into human use.

None of this is particularly representative of the actual series of events.

mRNA vaccines were coming regardless. They’ve already been developed - and tested - but like most things in the pharmaceutical industry there was no particular urgency or funding given it was neither a huge moneymaker or a global emergency.

Once we had a global emergency they were able to rapidly provide a working vaccine, that passed all requisite testing and trials, because they had both the funding and necessary volunteers, along with the regulators avoiding long delays in processing. All these things usually add extra years to an otherwise working vaccines approval process.

All of this is very easy to look up and read about, there’s even a book about the team who did the BioNTech-Pfizer mRNA vaccine. They normally look to cure cancer which is significantly more complex, so whipping up a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine was relatively easy for them.

Any of this mate?

Nobody I know has had myocarditis or anything like what you describe. What you describe sounds like a cluster, which is normal across a large population.

There is no evidence that any of the vaccines cause fertility issues. That just sounds like a coincidence - we're all getting older.

I'll have whatever vaccine is recommended until evidence tells me otherwise.
It was my wife, I saw what she went through. Her Mum and my Mum both too had major side effects. I told them to take Astra but they listened to their doctors. A few people at my work had similar issues. It’s only luck you didn’t see it mate, as her GP told her he was stunned with the amount of side effects he saw in his patients.

None of this is particularly representative of the actual series of events.

mRNA vaccines were coming regardless. They’ve already been developed - and tested - but like most things in the pharmaceutical industry there was no particular urgency or funding given it was neither a huge moneymaker or a global emergency.

Once we had a global emergency they were able to rapidly provide a working vaccine, that passed all requisite testing and trials, because they had both the funding and necessary volunteers, along with the regulators avoiding long delays in processing. All these things usually add extra years to an otherwise working vaccines approval process.

All of this is very easy to look up and read about, there’s even a book about the team who did the BioNTech-Pfizer mRNA vaccine. They normally look to cure cancer which is significantly more complex, so whipping up a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine was relatively easy for them.
I’m not an anti vaxxer. But many people suffered from side effects from the MRNA vaccines.

I’m not an anti vaxxer. But many people suffered from side effects from the MRNA vaccines.
But only a comparatively small proportion.

Like I said, it sounds like a cluster. It happens. One small group will have a lot of instances, the same sized group elsewhere will have none.

Across the whole population the proportion is small.

I got Covid not long after my last vaccination. I didn't blame the vaccination. I got it on a night out. One other person there got it too. It was just a coincidence.

My wife had severe myocarditis both times. The second resulted in a month of terrible chest pains and trouble breathing. Her GP told her he was stunned how many of his patients were experiencing significant side effects.

At least two women in our social circle have had fertility issues they didn’t have post the vaccine (both had kids already).

Don’t be dumb arses. The MRNA vaccines had significant side effects. It took a pandemic for them to be able to get them out of the cupboard and into human use. But what was the alternative do nothing? Or do what I did and had AstraZenica. Have never had Covid or any side effects. Sadly they don’t have the PR machine Pfizer do who destroyed belief in it. An idiot who takes a vaccine now with this Omicron strain (unless elderly or sick) is bonkers.
You do realise how anecdotal samples of a few close friends doesn't really constitute valid empirical evidence, don't you?

I'll give it a whirl too. I had a heart attack about 18 months before I had my first covid vax. Haven't had a heart attack since. I think it may have cured me.

Two ladies in my workplace who have been trying to conceive for years - the first now has a healthy one month old child, the second is 8 months pregnant and doing really well. And just a year or so after their second covid vax. It must be a wonder drug!

I ponder how many of my own close sample of friends wouldn't be with us today if they hadn't got vaccinated? Should I spout an anecdote on every single one of them who's alive today and has had a vax?

My Dad who is in his eighties and has had a triple bypass was vaccinated and had no trouble. Even got Covid and was pretty much fine.

Same with mine, he had pneumonia a few years back and it nearly finished him off. Since then he's had a triple bypass and recovered.
He was in hospital for something else, only found out he'd contracted covid when they transferred him to a different hospital and did a routine test.

If you spend all day posting conspiratorial nonsense on the internet then you are an anti vaxxer, regardless of whether or not you had the vaccine.

It’s been proven that anti vaxxers have lied and exaggerated symptoms to feign (consciously or unconsciously) vaccine injury, studies have shown this.

I know lots of people. All got vaccinated, none had long term issues. None of the people I know know anyone who had long term vaccine issues. We’re going into a sample of thousands there.

Yet anti-vaxxers suddenly know dozens of people who are very close to them who have been long term vaccine injured. What rubbish. You’re either exaggerating symptoms or outright lying, my money’s on the latter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Dad who is in his eighties and has had a triple bypass was vaccinated and had no trouble. Even got Covid and was pretty much fine.
What does “fine” mean? Guessing he had the aid of the anti-virals which also saw my multi vaxed 80 + parents through some harrowing times.

both my parents are in their 80s. mum vaxxed, dad unvaxxed. dad has had multiple strokes over the years and hypertension and mum has a few health issues as well. zero difference between them when they got covid a few weeks ago. a general malaise and a really bad sore throat that lasted a few days. normal temp. normal blood o2. after that they both felt a little below 100% for a couple weeks but nothing major.
me and my brother both got it a few days after. him vaxxed me unvaxxed. once again no difference between us. in our case we only really felt bad for one day while feeling a bit below 100% for close to a week after. i've had worse hangovers.

What does “fine” mean? Guessing he had the aid of the anti-virals which also saw my multi vaxed 80 + parents through some harrowing times.
A bit of a cold. No anti-virals that I know of.

I got it worse than them.

People's reactions seem to vary.

Across the population, though, unvaxxed are 15+ times more likely to wind up in hospital.

her GP told her he was stunned with the amount of side effects he saw in his patients.

You're aware that GPs are required to report those side effects (any suspected side effects) to the TGA right?

There havent been that many reported cases.

GP's in Australia are either all universally slack and hiding something, your GP is wrong, or the TGA are hiding it.

Occams razor tells me your GP is wrong.

Yet anti-vaxxers suddenly know dozens of people who are very close to them who have been long term vaccine injured.

Three of the eight guys who post in the COVID conspiracy thread claimed to have close relatives who died from the Vaccine.

It's bad enough being a crazed conspiracist, but when you have to deliberately lie so your ****ed up worldview makes sense, that's a whole level of self delusion I cant get my head around.

Three of the eight guys who post in the COVID conspiracy thread claimed to have close relatives who died from the Vaccine.

It's bad enough being a crazed conspiracist, but when you have to deliberately lie so your awesome up worldview makes sense, that's a whole level of self delusion I cant get my head around.
Conversely, so many posts want to dismiss that there are any side effects or complications. Fair to say I have a myriad of food related allergies and a history of topical allergic reactions, so was very reticent initially on vaccines. Now quad vaxxed and thankfully no dramas ensued. My old mum at 85 with even more conditions was “advised” by docs that it was a no win situation with potential threats from vaccine, as opposed to the virus. She chose to vaccinate and had basically no reaction. Dad recently brought the virus home and they both had a hard time, but pulled through with the anti-virals which are well over a thousand dollars (cost) a course (before PBS reduces to $6.40). Who knows if vaccine helped or not, but of course we prefer to think so.

My niece works in a country medical practice dispensing vaccines. At the end of a day, they found themselves with a single dose of AZ which she proceeded to take as was only one “due” that had not previously been done. She had some very severe reactions requiring brief hospitalisation and a lengthy home convalescence.

Can we just agree that there are real stories on both sides of the argument. It is not as good, or as bad as some choose to make out. As with my parents, I am thankful for the vaccines and more recently anti-virals and hope there is a continuing timely roll out. The thing is not gone, still mutating and some of us are much more susceptible than others to both the virus and vaccine side effects.

Touch wood I am unable to give a first hand account of the virus, as have to date avoided it. With a number of conditions making me “at risk” I wish the community to remain vigilant and cognisant that while most just get a “cold”, a significant number of people are at genuine risk and everyone should accept a responsibility to protect them.

Can we just agree that there are real stories on both sides of the argument.

If people stopped making up the anti-vaccine stories and stuck to the truth they'd be a lot more believable.

There's a very small number of severe reactions to the various COVID vaccines. The chances that multiple people posting on BigFooty are related to that small number of people is highly, highly unlikely.

Conversely, so many posts want to dismiss that there are any side effects or complications. Fair to say I have a myriad of food related allergies and a history of topical allergic reactions, so was very reticent initially on vaccines. Now quad vaxxed and thankfully no dramas ensued. My old mum at 85 with even more conditions was “advised” by docs that it was a no win situation with potential threats from vaccine, as opposed to the virus. She chose to vaccinate and had basically no reaction. Dad recently brought the virus home and they both had a hard time, but pulled through with the anti-virals which are well over a thousand dollars (cost) a course (before PBS reduces to $6.40). Who knows if vaccine helped or not, but of course we prefer to think so.

My niece works in a country medical practice dispensing vaccines. At the end of a day, they found themselves with a single dose of AZ which she proceeded to take as was only one “due” that had not previously been done. She had some very severe reactions requiring brief hospitalisation and a lengthy home convalescence.

Can we just agree that there are real stories on both sides of the argument. It is not as good, or as bad as some choose to make out. As with my parents, I am thankful for the vaccines and more recently anti-virals and hope there is a continuing timely roll out. The thing is not gone, still mutating and some of us are much more susceptible than others to both the virus and vaccine side effects.

Touch wood I am unable to give a first hand account of the virus, as have to date avoided it. With a number of conditions making me “at risk” I wish the community to remain vigilant and cognisant that while most just get a “cold”, a significant number of people are at genuine risk and everyone should accept a responsibility to protect them.

Food allergies are a legitimate risk, and they ask about them before they give you the vaccine. An allergic reaction is not a vaccine reaction.

both my parents are in their 80s. mum vaxxed, dad unvaxxed. dad has had multiple strokes over the years and hypertension and mum has a few health issues as well. zero difference between them when they got covid a few weeks ago. a general malaise and a really bad sore throat that lasted a few days. normal temp. normal blood o2. after that they both felt a little below 100% for a couple weeks but nothing major.
me and my brother both got it a few days after. him vaxxed me unvaxxed. once again no difference between us. in our case we only really felt bad for one day while feeling a bit below 100% for close to a week after. i've had worse hangovers.

Wow , i'm sure that will change the whole scenario. Stuff all those case studies and statistics. We have new evidence.

Anonymous guy on web thinks vaccines do nothing.

This is good stuff. Of course with such a small sample size it doesn't really say anything about COVID as a whole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back