WRFL Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

How cold would those green cans of natures nectar be sitting in the fridge at the Brookers right now!!!

Altona and Point Cook are hardly on Laverton's doorstep. Both are 7kms from Laverton Park. Spotswood is only 2kms from Yarraville and 2kms the other way to Newport and all 3 have good junior programs. 5 primary schools in Laverton / Altona Meadows so the kids are there. The club, with the WRFL's assistance have to keep plugging away.

Leave 3 divisions even with only 7 teams in D3. The WRFL will grow as the West grows and will get to the desired 30 teams in time. Manor Lakes coming back is a good start.
Not literally, but close enough for parents to pick them over Laverton.

Best thing Laverton could do is to change their name to the Altona Meadows Magpies and move to the ground on Victoria St, next to Altona Green Primary.

Not literally, but close enough for parents to pick them over Laverton.

Best thing Laverton could do is to change their name to the Altona Meadows Magpies and move to the ground on Victoria St, next to Altona Green Primary.
I suggested the same thing to a committeeman from Lavo 20 years ago and suggested them getting the juniors up at the Seabrook cricket ground

I suggested the same thing to a committeeman from Lavo 20 years ago and suggested them getting the juniors up at the Seabrook cricket ground

They have a massive issue now and I doubt Alt Meadows is the answer. People will see through that and realise it’s the same club with a different pair of pants on and whether they deserve it or not their current name and place is not somewhere parents want their kids to be. Without juniors they will continue to die very slowly. I hope not but in their current form I cannot see things changing.

They need to bite the bullet and relocate to an area with kids and families. I’d suggest Boundary Rd part of Truganina or Mt Cottrell towards Rockbank

They have a massive issue now and I doubt Alt Meadows is the answer. People will see through that and realise it’s the same club with a different pair of pants on and whether they deserve it or not their current name and place is not somewhere parents want their kids to be. Without juniors they will continue to die very slowly. I hope not but in their current form I cannot see things changing.

They need to bite the bullet and relocate to an area with kids and families. I’d suggest Boundary Rd part of Truganina or Mt Cottrell towards Rockbank
I think the Altona Meadows option is still viable, but they need to do it right.

They should be targetting committee people (current and/or former) from Altona and Point Cook to start with. Get people involved who know what it takes to be successful. They need juniors, they need an image overhaul. They need heaps.

They have one chance to get it right.

I think the Altona Meadows option is still viable, but they need to do it right.

They should be targetting committee people (current and/or former) from Altona and Point Cook to start with. Get people involved who know what it takes to be successful. They need juniors, they need an image overhaul. They need heaps.

They have one chance to get it right.

I think you will find the the WRFL are secretly hoping they fold. “fact”
Absolute basket case off field.

They are a resilient club with good people behind the scenes. I would say off field isnt as much of an issue as on field.

resilient? Please
The President disappeared for how many weeks?
The coach left,
Most of the juniors aren’t coming back,
Auskick was a flop!
Total disarray.
In dire need of some urgent help or the Curtains will close!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

resilient? Please
The President disappeared for how many weeks?
The coach left,
Most of the juniors aren’t coming back,
Auskick was a flop!
Total disarray.
In dire need of some urgent help or the Curtains will close!

The coach didn’t leave of his own accord and I’d suggest he doesn’t want it come out why they parted ways

Found this on Wikipedia re Laverton:
Premierships:
  • Under 12 (2): 2000, 2001
  • Under 14 (2): 2001, 2005
  • Under 16 (1): 2004
Where the hell did all these kids go? Thats a pretty successful junior program in the early 2000's

Last edited:
Found this on Wikipedia re Laverton:
Premierships:
  • Under 12 (2): 2000, 2001
  • Under 14 (2): 2001, 2005
  • Under 16 (1): 2004
Where the hell did all these kids go? Thats a pretty successful junior program in the early 2000's
Is this factual or what
Point Cook Est 2003

This division desperately needs another team.

West Footscray drop down and a Melton team (Melton South?) join Div 2?

Can Werribee Centrals be coerced into joining?

Rockbank Rams?

Has to be one of the worst divisions in Victoria, if not the worst.

Rockbank Rams?

Absolutely zero chance of Central’s coming over to WRFL.

Rockbank Rams?

Will West Footscray drop down, if you don't have a premiership side do you have promotion/Relegation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back