WRFL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else park there and avoid a fine? There were at least 20 cars parked there. I'm assuming if I received one, everyone else would have too. As you can see, there is no house or building present, only a street.

Also no signs present that prohibit you from parking there.

It's laughable that anyone would receive a fine for doing something that's not illegal.

Attachments

• parkingfine1.png
    parkingfine1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 229
  • parkingfine2.png
    parkingfine2.png
    913.5 KB · Views: 219
Did anyone else park there and avoid a fine? There were at least 20 cars parked there. I'm assuming if I received one, everyone else would have too. As you can see, there is no house or building present, only a street.

Also no signs present that prohibit you from parking there.

It's laughable that anyone would receive a fine for doing something that's not illegal.
They are an absolute joke. I parked just on the street but they just prey on people parking there because they did the exact same thing last year.

Great Model, the same way Ammos get around not paying players but having high incentives. I'm a fan as it rewards players for playing well and not just turning up and getting paid the same each week.

Did the club cover fees to entice a few players to commit and really if the club paid out 1500-2K in incentives per week it means you are paying out 30-40K a year. It got you the flag which is a great result and shows that incentives rather than guaranteed cash can work outside the Ammos.

I think all players had to pay fees.
The club put up $800 for incentives every week to be divided any way the coach wanted to, weather it was 4 players or 20 was up to him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think all players had to pay fees.
The club put up $800 for incentives every week to be divided any way the coach wanted to, weather it was 4 players or 20 was up to him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If that was all good on the players, you hear Div 3 clubs paying 35-50K and Glenorden win a flag paying under 16K for the season, great result for the club if true.

If that was all good on the players, you hear Div 3 clubs paying 35-50K and Glenorden win a flag paying under 16K for the season, great result for the club if true.

Great for footy but unfortunately this doesn’t happen often, cobras were well under the cap no where near the 50k claimed on here, this year players who have played for nothing for so many years were rewarded for sticking thick for so long.
Good on orden hopefully they can keep their list and build on it and stay up and push for finals in div2, don’t ever like seeing clubs struggle when they go up but reality is they will need to spend money to stay strong in div2

Great for footy but unfortunately this doesn’t happen often, cobras were well under the cap no where near the 50k claimed on here, this year players who have played for nothing for so many years were rewarded for sticking thick for so long.
Good on orden hopefully they can keep their list and build on it and stay up and push for finals in div2, don’t ever like seeing clubs struggle when they go up but reality is they will need to spend money to stay strong in div2
Is it confirmed they are going up? All I've heard is that they are staying in Div3

Is it confirmed they are going up? All I've heard is that they are staying in Div3

🤷‍♂️ Don’t see the point in winning a flag and staying down, the jump from div3 to div2 ain’t that big, if they add a couple players to their already strong list will at least be competitive IMO

🤷‍♂️ Don’t see the point in winning a flag and staying down, the jump from div3 to div2 ain’t that big, if they add a couple players to their already strong list will at least be competitive IMO
Agree completely, would surely want to move up especially from Div 3 to Div 2, just heard that otherwise may be the case for Orden.

They’re 100% going up.
Majority of the Glen Orden players in that premiership side were there in 2016 playing div 2 before the senior side folded for a year. They're a great club with great spirit, credit where its due.

I dont see a club like Manor Lakes having that same success if they come back. Right from the start they threw $$$ rather than trying to build a decent culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majority of the Glen Orden players in that premiership side were there in 2016 playing div 2 before the senior side folded for a year. They're a great club with great spirit, credit where its due.

I dont see a club like Manor Lakes having that same success if they come back. Right from the start they threw $$$ rather than trying to build a decent culture.

Don't know about Great club, great clubs have more than 2 sides and great clubs wouldn't get into a position of not fielding sides and shutting up shop for a year. They had a great year and full credit to them for the year they have had, but let's not get to carried away

Last edited:
Did anyone else receive a parking fine?

I got one for "parking on a nature strip" on Butler Street. I'm going to successfully argue that a nature strip is a piece of publicly owned land between the front boundary of a house or other building and the street.

Not sure how successful you'll be using Google's definition. Neither council nor the road rules mention houses or buildings. But do let us know how you get on.

Hi I'm looking to move in to area in Williams Landing or Altona Meadows next year and looking for a football and cricket team, around that area to support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back