WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choof

You set your structures to create open space for a forward. The method is in the way and from where the ball is delivered to that space. As Forrest Gump would say in a situation like this 'Structure and method go together like peas and carrots.'

they may have watched it pre game coz they just ran and they ran and they ran , any info on the guy from glen orden winning the media award?

Kudos to Spotty, champions again.
grand finals are all about luck, good and bad.
Good luck, not 1 spotty player reported in a prelim all in brawl.
Bad luck, albion picking the last day to have a shocker!
Albion will be back, sticking together, learning from mistakes.
Congrats to Azza Tymms for a great career, a true leader.
3 umpires, 2 were great, the frog is no good!
When is pre-season????

they did in the 1sy 1/4, for me 3 things came out of it, never write spotty off, ray jensen can actually play a liitle bit. and why u would pay that grenville kid,
he wud sturgulle to play for lavo
congrATS SPOTTY and the spuds

Grenville kicked 60+ goals for the year, alongside a 100 goal kicker, not many do that. The kid has a bad game and the dogs attack??? He's only going to improve!

And Jensen can play? I've never seen a grown man tht big crp himself and fumble when a 5 ft 5 kis id running towards him.

Geez mate, stole my thunder. Was going to ask young Stevo to change the tatt to 'runners up 2011'. Having said that, the cats are a quality side, good to watch but somehow ran out of steam when spotty hit their stride.

As for Manton, wasn't as effective because Spotty wouldn't go to Cloke at every opportunity as they did with Crackers last year. Had options all over the place and broke the lines pretty well after quarter time.

Bloomfield gets his hundredth and the nufties run onto the field. Classic!

So young stevo made a mistake about the tattoo, maybe he meant 2012?
And as for nufties, cant bloomfields mates he grew up with be excited about that? Not everyone kicks 100 goals!

And as for nufties, cant bloomfields mates he grew up with be excited about that? Not everyone kicks 100 goals!
Thankfully it happened as the 3/4 time siren went, it would have delayed the game getting everyone off the ground!

They made a fair mess of the Chirnside Park fence too leaning on it all day, pretty much ripped it out of the ground.

Looking to saturday's game, if Altona can keep all their players from Willie i think it will be a very good game. Altona are very good even running side,but like all young sides they just lack a bit of self belief, although i'm sure last weeks win would have helped along with the last quarter they played against spotty.
Altona also need to show more physical pressence around the contest, especially with forecast wet weather. Gardiner is a big key for altona.

Spotty have been a great team again for the 5th year in a row, an amazing effort with such a high turn over of players. I think the woodsmen will win even if cloke does have a broken hand/finger and i'm sure he will play.
spotty by 15 pts
Hey Rock now that Pete has stood down any truth in the story doing the rounds that order will be restored at the Colts and you will be back at the helm ? Thing that strikes me as strange though is apparently Pete let the club know on the eve of the finals that he was not looking to coach in 2012 yet nowhere have i seen one advertisement of the club looking for a new coach.Does this mean their has been an appointment already ?

Grenville had a quiet game Saturday as most of Albion did. But I watched him all year and the guy is a gun. Anyone who thinks he can't play has no idea about football. As for he result, it was disappointing. It reminded me of the 2008 AFL grand final. The best team on the day won, but the best team of the year saved a shocker for last. But that's footy. Can't wait until next year to see how good Deer Park really are. Albion and Spotswood will both be up the top.

Grenville had a quiet game Saturday as most of Albion did. But I watched him all year and the guy is a gun. Anyone who thinks he can't play has no idea about football. As for he result, it was disappointing. It reminded me of the 2008 AFL grand final. The best team on the day won, but the best team of the year saved a shocker for last. But that's footy. Can't wait until next year to see how good Deer Park really are. Albion and Spotswood will both be up the top.

couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke. given the way he carries himself on the field it would have given a lot of div 1 follows pleasure to wake up and see the result in the paper sunday morning

Grenville kicked 60+ goals for the year, alongside a 100 goal kicker, not many do that. The kid has a bad game and the dogs attack??? He's only going to improve!

And Jensen can play? I've never seen a grown man tht big crp himself and fumble when a 5 ft 5 kis id running towards him.

Like it or not, Jensen played played a pretty good game on a day when it really counted. Was most likely in the top 6 and has another goldy round his neck. What some in here say about him counts for nothing.

Young Stevo was taking the piss unfortunately not all who saw the post know the young bloke well enough to see that.

Yep many (even me) were happy about Bloomfield kicking a hundred but running onto the ground in a grand final would not be a distraction a team needs. I'm pretty sure his mates would have plenty time to help him celebrate a top effort.
Did he kick the goal right on the bell or did the officials blow siren because it's easier to end the quarter and give people time to clear off? Unsure whether they'd think 2 or 3 minutes is worth playing. Legitimate question because I didn't see how much time elapsed in the quarter, too busy laughing at the hordes running onto the ground.

What a finish to a great year of footy in the west. The biggest disappoint ment for me had be the WRFL website. Updates on the site always seemed to be well after everyone knew about things that had happened (thanks BigFooty).
Perfect example was the finals series. Site wasnt updated till late in the week with old news. Even the divvy 1 news from Saturday is limited to the fixtures/results page.
In this day and age, I would have expected that a league that expects its clubs to be more professional, would lead by example, and have a website that is better managed and updated when things happen and not when someone gets around to it.

Lift your game guys.

What a finish to a great year of footy in the west. The biggest disappoint ment for me had be the WRFL website. Updates on the site always seemed to be well after everyone knew about things that had happened (thanks BigFooty).
Perfect example was the finals series. Site wasnt updated till late in the week with old news. Even the divvy 1 news from Saturday is limited to the fixtures/results page.
In this day and age, I would have expected that a league that expects its clubs to be more professional, would lead by example, and have a website that is better managed and updated when things happen and not when someone gets around to it.

Lift your game guys.

Have to agree with this comment, WRFL is unfortunately staying stagnant whilst other leagues keep moving forward at a rapid rate.
things like devoloping a 3 tier competition, NFL did this 3 years ago and the EDFL did it a couple of years ago, the WRFL have no initiative and would rather wait and see than be proactive.
Look at the dive of a ground that finals were played at because of a double booking at Werribee, not to mention that the Western Jets actually completely occupy this ground, no wonder they are a laughing sock of the VSFL and this is were the WRFL is getting it's players from.
Recruiting is a joke, compare us to the EFL and EDFL, every other league really, ex AFL players would rather not play than join a team in the WRFL (exception Cloke but Spotty do have some large coin to offer).
I look at the EFL grand final and see that Peter Overtan deliverd the Premiership cup in a helicopter on the middle of the ground, what a specticle that would have been for the punters. how was the WRFL premiership cup delivered, probably thrown at the spotty captain because the big wigs at the WRFL wouldn't want to get to close to the rabble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably helps when channel 9 sponsors the efl!

If clubs could generate the revenue that most sides in the efl do, they would be able to entice more big games.

The efl gets 15,000 people to their grand finals. The population/cultural population out there is a direct result in the amount of money going around.

The majority are Aussies, unlike the inner west where there isn't the football culture.

It's been bigger for longer, therefore better ran.

Wrfl's demographic is it's biggest problem.

Have to agree with this comment, WRFL is unfortunately staying stagnant whilst other leagues keep moving forward at a rapid rate.
things like devoloping a 3 tier competition, NFL did this 3 years ago and the EDFL did it a couple of years ago, the WRFL have no initiative and would rather wait and see than be proactive.
Look at the dive of a ground that finals were played at because of a double booking at Werribee, not to mention that the Western Jets actually completely occupy this ground, no wonder they are a laughing sock of the VSFL and this is were the WRFL is getting it's players from.
Recruiting is a joke, compare us to the EFL and EDFL, every other league really, ex AFL players would rather not play than join a team in the WRFL (exception Cloke but Spotty do have some large coin to offer).
I look at the EFL grand final and see that Peter Overtan deliverd the Premiership cup in a helicopter on the middle of the ground, what a specticle that would have been for the punters. how was the WRFL premiership cup delivered, probably thrown at the spotty captain because the big wigs at the WRFL wouldn't want to get to close to the rabble.

Ah, an opportunity for some discussion with substance...

So what do you think are the WRFL's top 3 issues, and how do you propose to address them?

If clubs could generate the revenue that most sides in the efl do, they would be able to entice more big games. .
One major difference EFL Div 1 versus WRFL Div 1 is that EFL clubs charge an entry fee for spectators to watch games. That's one key revenue stream that WRFL clubs dont have.

I do agree on the website comment in this instance - not one match report, not one photo, not one video from the weekend until today. After a Grand Final, stuff should probably be up on the Sunday at the latest.

But I do think the website has improved a lot this year, and the return of the footy record has been a positive.

One major difference EFL Div 1 versus WRFL Div 1 is that EFL clubs charge an entry fee for spectators to watch games. That's one key revenue stream that WRFL clubs dont have.

I do agree on the website comment in this instance - not one match report, not one photo, not one video from the weekend until today. After a Grand Final, stuff should probably be up on the Sunday at the latest.

But I do think the website has improved a lot this year, and the return of the footy record has been a positive.

positive for the league,thats about it, charge each home clubs account for 100 records - $150 , tell the clubs to sell them for $2 and make a 33% profit, wasnt a ground i was at this year that the records wernt sitting on the bar untouched, just another revenue raiser at the expense of hard working club officials

Looks like someone got on and deleted my last post, obviously doesn't like the truth being told. I like to thank my fans and sponsors for sticking by me the last 4 weeks, And special thanks to collingwood for sending me to arizona. It was great to lead the boys out of the trenches for one last game and take them to victory but the time has come for me to hang the boots up but I will start my new sporting chapter in about 3 weeks when I sober up, expect to see me at the 2012 London games in weight lifting and the way my form has been I expect nothing less than gold, being the true athlete I am and to the GWS thanks for the phone calls but I am done. I'd like to tell everyone that I have spoken to the league and there will be a medal to the most courageous player given to a player at the end of every year and it will be called the rayzor18 medal. To my beloved spotty footy club it means the world to me that the throne that is being constructed, that will be ready for round 1, for me to sit on match day. I can't wait to be seated there on centre wing with my disciples whilst drinking out of my 3 premiership cups and can't wait for my bell also. P.s Stevens where did you get that 2011 premiership tattoo done cause I'm after one as well, just quickly before the money runs out of the computer at the pub I'd like to say I'm rayzor18 3 time premiership
captain and universes most courageous player. Love you guys

Well done Ray on a great career. You are/were a credit to the Spotswood Football Club.
Its a pity you cop so much crap from the "jealous ones".

With Spotty losing key players, we might see this again?
1072147_1_M.jpg

no you wont Rumourman

Looks like someone got on and deleted my last post, obviously doesn't like the truth being told. I like to thank my fans and sponsors for sticking by me the last 4 weeks, And special thanks to collingwood for sending me to arizona. It was great to lead the boys out of the trenches for one last game and take them to victory but the time has come for me to hang the boots up but I will start my new sporting chapter in about 3 weeks when I sober up, expect to see me at the 2012 London games in weight lifting and the way my form has been I expect nothing less than gold, being the true athlete I am and to the GWS thanks for the phone calls but I am done. I'd like to tell everyone that I have spoken to the league and there will be a medal to the most courageous player given to a player at the end of every year and it will be called the rayzor18 medal. To my beloved spotty footy club it means the world to me that the throne that is being constructed, that will be ready for round 1, for me to sit on match day. I can't wait to be seated there on centre wing with my disciples whilst drinking out of my 3 premiership cups and can't wait for my bell also. P.s Stevens where did you get that 2011 premiership tattoo done cause I'm after one as well, just quickly before the money runs out of the computer at the pub I'd like to say I'm rayzor18 3 time premiership
captain and universes most courageous player. Love you guys

I am going on the record here to say you would have to be the biggest nuffy I have ever met in my life, ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back