WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL AGM in early December, expect confirmation then. Am expecting 9/14.

Rockbank have been endorsed by WRFL Board, expect them to be voted in.
If Rockbank are in and Glenorden coming back that would be 9/15

If Rockbank are in and Glenorden coming back that would be 9/15
A big effort if Glenorden can get back with 2 teams next year considering many of their players from 2022 that went to other clubs this year have re-signed at those clubs.
The ideal situation for them would be for WRFL to get the 3rds comp up and running and they build from this. Only need about 30 players rather than 60+ to start

A big effort if Glenorden can get back with 2 teams next year considering many of their players from 2022 that went to other clubs this year have re-signed at those clubs.
The ideal situation for them would be for WRFL to get the 3rds comp up and running and they build from this. Only need about 30 players rather than 60+ to start
Was thinking the same thing. I know quite a few Glen Orden people and I can tell you they are deadset keen and confident that they'll have a senior and reserves side in 2024.

Josh Bench back to Albion.
Can confirm that Steven Kennedy will be following his footsteps and coming out of retirements to put on the hoops jumper. Albion Red hot favs now to win the flag.

Albion captain back to EDFL
Mail Is Parkside and Shaun Campbell are still keeping Albion players and coaching staff up at night 0 & 5 against Parkside.

Albion showed zero care for Calebs welfare on GF day, Caleb was clearly concussed during the game and was allowed to keep playing and now not at the club anymore.

Talk about building over a haunted burial ground
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are with the pending decision to have western rams join your league and what the thought is to have 2 or 3 divisions, as in what do you think the best split would be.

I know rams have the worst loosing record in Vic right atm, but was wondering if you think they'd be more competitive?

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are with the pending decision to have western rams join your league and what the thought is to have 2 or 3 divisions, as in what do you think the best split would be.

I know rams have the worst loosing record in Vic right atm, but was wondering if you think they'd be more competitive?

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app
They'd 100% be more competitive. Absolute no brainer for them to join the WRFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

should be 3 if rams are in, that makes 23 clubs. 24 if glen orden get up
The issue with that is that a lot of clubs have gone out and sourced players based on Div 2 salary cap.
I say leave as is for next year with Div 2 only, each club plays each other once and the double up games be between this years Div 2 teams and this years Div 3 teams. Their is no guarantee Glen Orden will get enough for 2 teams, might have to go clubbies this year
They can re-visit structure again at end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back