I: Simon Buckley - Ross Funcke - Cory Maynard - Nick Smith

Sub: Brad Green (captain)

Coach: Mark Neeld
Assistants: Neil Craig, Mark Riley, Brian Royal
High Performance: Bohdan Babiczjuk
Head recruiter: Barry Prendergast ft. Craig Cameron’s 2001 Draft
CEO: Cameron Schwab (Caesar)
Footy Manager: Chris Connolly (Pompey)
Football Director/coach hirer: Garry Lyon (Crassus)
President: Gabriel Szondy
Logo: Schwab Liverpool Vomit ft. Stynes Bring Back the Tullamarine Demon
Jumper: Grey gradient and anything white.
Apparel sponsor: Christian Salem’s backpacks
Sponsor: EnergyWatch
Pre-match entertainment: Raising The Flag and guard of honour
Half time entertainment: The Trumpeter
Preseason camp: 2017-18/2018-19
Post season bonding: Shanghai 2010
Selling home games: Brisbane 2001-06

B: Alexis Giorgiou - Tom Gillies - Heretier Lumumba

HB: Jace Bode - James Sellar - Isaac Weetra

C: Dom Barry - Aidan Riley - Jimmy Toumpas

HF: Shannon Byrnes - Paul Johnson - Addam Maric

F: Gary Moorcroft - Chris Dawes - Cameron Hunter

R: John Meesen - Chris Heffernan - Viv Michie

I: Simon Buckley - Ross Funcke - Cory Maynard - Nick Smith

Sub: Brad Green (captain)

Coach: Mark Neeld
Assistants: Neil Craig, Mark Riley, Brian Royal
High Performance: Bohdan Babiczjuk
Head recruiter: Barry Prendergast ft. Craig Cameron’s 2001 Draft
CEO: Cameron Schwab (Caesar)
Footy Manager: Chris Connolly (Pompey)
Football Director/coach hirer: Garry Lyon (Crassus)
President: Gabriel Szondy
Logo: Schwab Liverpool Vomit ft. Stynes Bring Back the Tullamarine Demon
Jumper: Grey gradient and anything white.
Apparel sponsor: Christian Salem’s backpacks
Sponsor: EnergyWatch
Pre-match entertainment: Raising The Flag and guard of honour
Half time entertainment: The Trumpeter
Preseason camp: 2017-18/2018-19
Post season bonding: Shanghai 2010
Selling home games: Brisbane 2001-06

0 arguments here, practically perfect

Extra challenge: do it with a premiership player and have it make sense.

B: J Bennell Gillies Sellar
HB: Valenti TMac Strauss
C: Morton Gysberts Barry
HF: Kennedy-Harris Bate Newton
F: Weetra Watts Holland
R: Fitzpatrick Evans Bode
Int: Spencer Tynan Godfrey Buckley

Some of these had good Dees moments but were particularly disgraceful in listed positions.

Especially ******* Dutchie Holland.
Bennel, Morton, Holland, Godfrey, Spencer, Watts and Tmac.

This is the worst team posted by a mile none of those blokes even make the shortlist

Bennel, Morton, Holland, Godfrey, Spencer, Watts and Tmac.

This is the worst team posted by a mile none of those blokes even make the shortlist

Worst worst 22 ever.

If Jack Watts is in then Hunt, Jordan, Hannan, Omac, Spargo, Baker and about 20 others who have played since he left are in. Just a bad team lol

Holland was a genuinely good player us, that is the one I dont get the most.

If we are talking irrational hate id go with Alastair Nicholson. He doesn't deserve a spot over Gillies and Sellar but I could find a way to squeeze him in.

Holland was a genuinely good player us, that is the one I dont get the most.

If we are talking irrational hate id go with Alastair Nicholson. He doesn't deserve a spot over Gillies and Sellar but I could find a way to squeeze him in.
Yeah Holland was super useful at both ends.
Mines Omac. I never ever liked that bloke on the field I'd take Matthew Warnock over him

Yeah Holland was super useful at both ends.
Mines Omac. I never ever liked that bloke on the field I'd take Matthew Warnock over him

Yea, id probably have OMac and Nicho as my key defenders in my worst b team.

How Nicho kept Chris Lamb out of the team for so long is a question id love to ask Neale Daniher

How Nicho kept Chris Lamb out of the team for so long is a question id love to ask Neale Daniher
Nicho always felt like David Neitz shitter twin like the evil Bart from the ceiling. My all time fav Daniher moments was when we were 50 down at 3qtr time and big Al would go forward and Neitz back like that was the move that would get us back into it lol

Nicho always felt like David Neitz shitter twin like the evil Bart from the ceiling. My all time fav Daniher moments was when we were 50 down at 3qtr time and big Al would go forward and Neitz back like that was the move that would get us back into it lol

Such a Wallsy "give him a run in the ruck" maneuver

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to remember that Al Nicholson was in borderline AA form before he did his knee in 2002? Whatever the case, I still admire the fact that when other clubs were starting to experiment with drafting players with basketball, gaelic football and rugby league backgrounds, we decided to give a contract to the guy playing field hockey lmao.

Submit your worst 22!
Since we've already had a few sides sent through, rather than making folks vote via position etc. if you'd like to submit your worst 22 of the 2000's post it here by Friday and I'll tally the lucky players next weekend (or if you entirely agree with someone else's choice, just quote them!). Teams already submitted will be counted

No particular criteria for measuring shitness, but players must have played a minimum of 1 game for the Dees post 2000 (if they debuted for someone else pre-2000 I'll still count it). If you can't remember all the spuds who've played for us since 2000 Demonwiki and this wikipedia page will help.

Submissions for football department to join Neeldy, board, etc. are also welcome, but not necessary.

B: L.Williams J.Sellar C.Johnson

HB: B.Grgic T.Gillies D.Nicholson

C: C.Heffernan S.Buckley C.Morton

HF: I.Weetra N.Smith C.Wagner

F: G.Moorcroft M.Newton M.Evans

Foll: J.Meesen J.Toumpas V.Michie

I/C: D.Barry K.Dunkley C.Maynard L.Tapscott

I had to leave out a few players who were probably s**t but I literally cannot remember anything about (e.g. Georgiou, Davis, Tynan, Hughes etc.) and I gave a bit of a pass to players who were crap but who used to have a dip anyway (Warnock, Read, Magner, Holland etc.).

People need to stop saying Holland was bad, doing my head in, almost like they have rewatched the Elimination final against St.Kilda a couple of times and believe that to be true representation of his time here.

People need to stop saying Holland was bad, doing my head in, almost like they have rewatched the Elimination final against St.Kilda a couple of times and believe that to be true representation of his time here.
I vaguely remember him having a great QB one year in the mid-00s. An honest battler type.

You can't have a team of Worst without Dom Tyson. I have never seen a more accurate passer - by hand and by foot - to the opposition. I'd love a buck for every perfect pass.
Borderline contenders are/were:
Jack Frost
Oscar McD.
Ben Kennedy
Ricky Petterd

B: L.Williams J.Sellar C.Johnson

HB: B.Grgic T.Gillies D.Nicholson

C: C.Heffernan S.Buckley C.Morton

HF: I.Weetra N.Smith C.Wagner

F: G.Moorcroft M.Newton M.Evans

Foll: J.Meesen J.Toumpas V.Michie

I/C: D.Barry K.Dunkley C.Maynard L.Tapscott

I had to leave out a few players who were probably s**t but I literally cannot remember anything about (e.g. Georgiou, Davis, Tynan, Hughes etc.) and I gave a bit of a pass to players who were crap but who used to have a dip anyway (Warnock, Read, Magner, Holland etc.).
I feel G Moorcroft is twighlight zone stuff, only Melbourne supporters remember him in the red and blue. Every other fan just laugh and call you crazy when mentioning Moorcroft at Melbourne. So maybe it never happened? but I'm sure I'm sure I remember him for running around for the dees circa 2003 at the mcg for a minute then getting injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back