Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think?
I wouldn't call us divided, weak and pathetic, and I wouldn't trust someone like Matt Walsh who has likely never set foot here and probably receives all his news Australian news from here on a carefully curated stream of Sky after Dark. I think Australia's problem at the moment is the legacy of Howard and what came after and I doubt Walsh has even heard of him.

From your link - "Anti-woke US commentator Matt Walsh has unleashed on Australia, labelling it 'the weakest, wokest, lamest country on Earth."

The carefully crafted international image of Australians as rugged, tough, united and genuine - Crocodile Dundee, Bob Hawke, Alan Border, etc - is so far from the truth it's not funny.

What we truly are came out during covid. We're divided, weak, scared, pathetic. We saw acab types cheering on the police and many people getting angry if someone was on the beach without a mask.

It's fascinating to me what comes out when the chips are down - and it wasn't pretty.

So you have the same world view as this guy?

1715287127894.jpeg

I wouldn't call us divided, weak and pathetic, and I wouldn't trust someone like Matt Walsh who has likely never set foot here and probably receives all his news Australian news from here on a carefully curated stream of Sky after Dark. I think Australia's problem at the moment is the legacy of Howard and what came after and I doubt Walsh has even heard of him.
I don't need to trust Matt Walsh. I trust what I see with my own eyes. Howard is part of the problem, I agree.

From your link - "Anti-woke US commentator Matt Walsh has unleashed on Australia, labelling it 'the weakest, wokest, lamest country on Earth."

The carefully crafted international image of Australians as rugged, tough, united and genuine - Crocodile Dundee, Bob Hawke, Alan Border, etc - is so far from the truth it's not funny.

What we truly are came out during covid. We're divided, weak, scared, pathetic. We saw acab types cheering on the police and many people getting angry if someone was on the beach without a mask.

It's fascinating to me what comes out when the chips are down - and it wasn't pretty.
Of course, we have a normal mix of people, thats all a marketing tool. No one thinks we all are like Crocodile Dundee

But for 99% of the country, we got through covid well.

dont get me wrong, the cookers feel abandoned but calling them weak sad and pathetic is probably a bit harsh.

Last edited:
Is there a problem with listening and learning from Aboriginal people? What is your issue with living in an Aboriginal community? I would suggest people could learn lots.
They were taking the piss out of dubious claims. Whereby a two day camping tour of Uluru and the Olga's with an Aboriginal guide constitutes living in an Aboriginal community and being in touch with broad Aboriginal sentiment on a range of issues.

P.s. what is the proper name for the olgas

Do you think Australia is more or less divided than the US?

Interesting. What are your thoughts on Islamophobia?
I’m phobic on all religions; they have no more value than a personal opinion, and of less merit than whatever footy team you follow (because footy has objective outcomes)

So you have the same world view as this guy?

View attachment 1984307
Matt Walsh is fragile masculinity.

Its like when Putin calls a country 'unfriendly' you look who said and the quality of the person.

If Walsh thinks Australia is woke, thats not a bad thing

Last edited:
The MAGA cultists wearing adult diapers to support their leader is one of the funnier recent developments of US politics.
But they are just claiming the insult as their own! Why do you hate freedom?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were taking the piss out of dubious claims. Whereby a two day camping tour of Uluru and the Olga's with an Aboriginal guide constitutes living in an Aboriginal community and being in touch with broad Aboriginal sentiment on a range of issues.

P.s. what is the proper name for the olgas

Cheers. It is Kata Tjuta

Religion only exists inside people's heads. It isn't a world view.
Sure it is. Religion provides a framework of schemata for how people interpret the world, whether you're friend or foe, whether you deserve happiness or torture.

Being Islamophobic is completely rational. We should be cautiously scared of all forms of theism.
Australia is less religious than the US, which is where your culture warrior world view seems to originate.
To a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

It’s indicative of shithouse journalism, the demand for racism is much higher than the supply
It's indicative of BLM being a big story. Notice when Musk's graph chops out. Only wanted to show the rise. Plays well for some who want to hear that message though and are easily manipulated ...

Meh.

Matt Walsh probably just trying to jag a guest spot on Tucker's upcoming oz tour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back