MRP / Trib. Will Schofield

Remove this Banner Ad

I think two weeks off will do him more good than harm in the scheme of things. Give him a couple of weeks with his family to try and get his head straight, losing your father suddenly like that will be hard to come to terms with.

Cant wait until he is back, ball tucked in and storming down the wing.:thumbsu:

Schoey is off I think, no new about anything, he didn't do much anyway. Should get off

Got cleared for the sling tackle as he should of, but 2 weeks for the gut punch on Riewoldt. Was enough force to have him throwing up and was a long way off the ball so Schofield deserved a ban. Would have only been one week if he didn't have carry over points / a bad record.

Does anyone reckon J Riewoldt would have been low enough to say something about Schofied's old man on the field? Not trying to point fingers or slander Riewoldt or bring him into question, but it seems odd for Schoey to react and do something like he did.

It could all be down to his head just not being right atm who knows.

Does anyone reckon J Riewoldt would have been low enough to say something about Schofied's old man on the field? Not trying to point fingers or slander Riewoldt or bring him into question, but it seems odd for Schoey to react and do something like he did.

I too thought about that, but i'd like to think even in a football game, people wouldn't stoop as low as that. I doubt it though or it probably would of been met with a smack in the mouth. (See Des Headland/Adam Selwood)

Ridiculous thing to say. Let's just go and make s**t up just because one of our blokes did something out of the ordinary. Oh, and the bolded bit? By saying what you did, the bolded bit IS pointing fingers and bringing him into question.

If you saw Will and Jack after the game it wasn't the conversation between two guys, one of whom had said something about the other guy's dead dad.

:rolleyes:

Thats quite a harsh thing to speculate. No need to make excuses for Schoeys actions, he did what he did. To be honest I think Schoey was trying to run forward and JR grabbed hold of his jumper to stop him, Schoey turned around and gave him a little tummy tickler. I could be wrong, I've only seen the replay once, but I think thats what happened.

You have embarrassed yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame it comes down to the outcome rather than the incident. I made comments about the Lindsay Thomas incident in another board last week that the AFL views these things as "bad for business".

I think the outcome is good evidence of the incident though. A punch to the guts that makes someone throw up is more than likely a worse incident than one which does nothing.

Got cleared for the sling tackle as he should of, but 2 weeks for the gut punch on Riewoldt. Was enough force to have him throwing up and was a long way off the ball so Schofield deserved a ban. Would have only been one week if he didn't have carry over points / a bad record.
Is there any good vision of the incident? I looked at the AFL vision about 6 times and couldn't see anything other than Riewoldt dropping. If there was a punch it didn't seem to be anything vicious as there was no major swing. By the way, it was also reprted the "bad record" was carry ocer points for tripping which was a spur of the moment thing as he was falling. There were several tripping incidents lately that haven't even been paid as free kicks. The MRV is just a jike in my view as evidenced by the Selwood thing as well as the inconsistencies in the sliding role al la Thomas.

I think the outcome is good evidence of the incident though. A punch to the guts that makes someone throw up is more than likely a worse incident than one which does nothing.

A lot of the time its not how hard you hit but where you hit. Hit someone with the point of your elbow just below the solar plexus and they are almost guaranteed to throw up even if it's very light.

A lot of the time its not how hard you hit but where you hit. Hit someone with the point of your elbow just below the solar plexus and they are almost guaranteed to throw up even if it's very light.

Definitely. However surely a hit in the solar plexus is worth more than one in the chest? Further, he was doubled over and throwing up for 5 minutes. I would say it was a bit more than a light hit.

Definitely. However surely a hit in the solar plexus is worth more than one in the chest? Further, he was doubled over and throwing up for 5 minutes. I would say it was a bit more than a light hit.
I understand your reasoning, but surely intent comes into it? They were both running and scragging each other from the footage, Schoey through his arm around and got him in the sweet spot... They were both moving and imo it was accidental that it had the effect it did.

3 weeks down to 2 for that seems a little steep.

I understand your reasoning, but surely intent comes into it? They were both running and scragging each other from the footage, Schoey through his arm around and got him in the sweet spot... They were both moving and imo it was accidental that it had the effect it did.

3 weeks down to 2 for that seems a little steep.

The incident was 2 weeks down to 1.

It was his poor record and carryover points that made it 3 weeks down to 2

I'd say its a case of marshmallowitis. I can hear Beau Waters now "you throw up after being hit? That's cute".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back