Injury Will McLean come good in 2011? (just Carlton supporters)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brock still falters under pressure.. Today's game in the dying seconds when we had a good chance to regain the lead he was running foward and basically kicked to ball to no advantage of a Carlton player. he simply skyed the ball and a easy mark was grabbed by a Doggies defender. On that kick i can't see any improvement to his game. Will struggle again this year and will probably play most of the year with the Bullants.

Brock still falters under pressure.. Today's game in the dying seconds when we had a good chance to regain the lead he was running foward and basically kicked to ball to no advantage of a Carlton player. he simply skyed the ball and a easy mark was grabbed by a Doggies defender. On that kick i can't see any improvement to his game. Will struggle again this year and will probably play most of the year with the Bullants.

too funny :D:thumbsu:

Re 2011....improved
Re 2012....YES, YES, YES.
Haters see what they want to see. The extractor did his job .... well for the game time he had. On current form top 22. If he can hold physical condition, can see cohesion with our mids improving and playing a vital part.

Is this the one where he was under immense pressure and snapped with his left?

Re 2011....improved
Re 2012....YES, YES, YES.
Haters see what they want to see. The extractor did his job .... well for the game time he had. On current form top 22. If he can hold physical condition, can see cohesion with our mids improving and playing a vital part.

Cohesion is the key word here. The quality of the possessions in terms of hitting targets and releasing runners went up once Brock came on. No one was really performing this role in the first half.

He played very well tonight in limited game time. He is creeping into the best 22 for mine, very efficient so far this year.

McLean actually played a really good 2nd half today. Was getting amongst the play and not just waiting for some one to dish it out to him. His disposal was pretty decent as well, he also looks to have slimmed down a bit from last year.

15 touches in the second half. Looked really good. Got to the right places and got the ball out to runners...which is exactly his job. make Judd the recipient and I will be very pleased

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did what was asked of him. He can't run but he does have an engine which he uses to great effect getting to where the ball is. He backed into packs and distributed beautifully. Anyone suggesting he has issues with his decision making is kidding themselves. Great performance tonight, Brock. Who said a tectonic plate couldn't play AFL?

Still has something to offer and we know what he's capable of when fit (see that Dees final years ago for example).

He's an experienced tough player and his issue has just been injuries and he wasn't a quick player to begin with. There's no denying his extraction abilities though and he knows where the goals are if he gets near them.

Far too slow, a liability defensively (people go on about his tackles but 99% of them are at stoppages where he just sits on someone), can only handball when he has it. Has to rush his kicks because everyone closes in on him, and can only kick 45 meters as it is.

He is just not in our best 22, would much rather have the pace, agility and hardness of Armfield, Joseph, Ellard or Curnow, At lease these players can apply pressure when we don't have the ball.

We are going to have some seriously good players missing out on games this year, Mclean IMO is not in the best 22.

Far too slow, a liability defensively (people go on about his tackles but 99% of them are at stoppages where he just sits on someone), can only handball when he has it. Has to rush his kicks because everyone closes in on him, and can only kick 45 meters as it is.

He is just not in our best 22, would much rather have the pace, agility and hardness of Armfield, Joseph, Ellard or Curnow, At lease these players can apply pressure when we don't have the ball.

We are going to have some seriously good players missing out on games this year, Mclean IMO is not in the best 22.

His story checks out :thumbsu:

Really though, find a new whipping boy for now champ.

His story checks out :thumbsu:

Really though, find a new whipping boy for now champ.

Surely Mclean has to remain the whipping boy for 2012, theres just too many things he can't do at AFL level.

I know it's preseason and everyone is up beat about everyone on the list, but you can't tell me you'd rather Mclean over Army, Joey, Curnow or Ellard. We are only going to have room for two of those 4 anyway.

I'd certainly have him in the side over Army right now. He plays a different position to AJ so that's dependant on who we're playing etc and we're seeing him really throw down a legitimate challenge to Ellard for his spot and is out performing Curnow just now who is also doing well and has more runs on the board than Mclean.

You're bringing up arguments against him from 2010 and 2011 when he's been haunted by injuries, why not give him a clean slate and not judge every single move looking for a fault? He's been injury free and not put a foot wrong in 2012.

If nothing else, we may have found an off-season training partner for him.

"The glacier has a travel speed of 1.7 metres per day in its central part and periodically creates an ice dam which collapses from the pressure of the advancing glacier."

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel...massive-ice-wall-collapse-20120305-1uc05.html

art-Ice-Patagonia-Glacier-3-420x0.jpg

I'd certainly have him in the side over Army right now. He plays a different position to AJ so that's dependant on who we're playing etc and we're seeing him really throw down a legitimate challenge to Ellard for his spot and is out performing Curnow just now who is also doing well and has more runs on the board than Mclean.

You're bringing up arguments against him from 2010 and 2011 when he's been haunted by injuries, why not give him a clean slate and not judge every single move looking for a fault? He's been injury free and not put a foot wrong in 2012.

Surely Armfields speed and tackling is of more use to us even though his kicking can let him down.

I think Curnows atleticism is first rate and he should be given the opportunity, he certainly has more upside.

Was Mclean really that injuired last year? He seemed to get 35 disp in the VFL and then struggle when he came up to the seniors.

Surely Armfields speed and tackling is of more use to us even though his kicking can let him down.

If he actually made the tackles (and hurt the opposition) I would agree. Armfield makes poor decisions and whilst he may have speed, he doesnt have the strength in his tackles or disposal that matches Brock's performance thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back