Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder:

This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread.

Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that.

Thanks.

'From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free'

This only says something about Palestinians freedom in their ancestral homelands, to imply it's a racist attack on Jews requires a second and third order derivative. ie that Palestinian freedom equals Jewish repression and that Israeli policy is representative of all Jewish thought.

This only says something about Palestinians freedom in their ancestral homelands, to imply it's a racist attack on Jews requires a second and third order derivative. ie that Palestinian freedom equals Jewish repression and that Israeli policy is representative of all Jewish thought.

There is already a State between the river and the sea, and it's called Israel. The chant clearly implies to a significant number of people chanting it that historical 'Palestine will be free of (Israel and the Jews)'. It's implicitly a call to genocide against those people who are not Palestinian and who live in a State called Israel, situated between the river and the sea.

I get the counter arguments that the thing between the river and the sea that the State of Palestine will be free from is taken to mean 'Palestine will be free (from Israeli persecution'), but that's like the arguments of 'I only boo Goodes because he's a flog, I'm not one of the racists'. Join in on the booing, and I dont care what your intent is subjectively, you're adding your voice to the voice of racists.

Find a different chant to support Palestinian Statehood, without the genocidal connotations.

Anyway, for the last time, this is not a thread about Palestinian Statehood. It's a thread about Islam. Lets not conflate the two things, and lets continue the discussion on Palestinian Statehood in the appropriate thread.

... this is exceedingly dumb.

An opinion - which is all I've provided - cannot be wrong, because it is subjective. It can be improbable; it can be fallacious; it can be riddled in errors of fact or mistakes, but it cannot be wrong.

Again: I don't disagree with you about Islam's desire to control government behaviour, but I'm loath to put my name beside yours because you appear to have an issue with muslims in the way you're addressing your complaint.

The bolded is my opinion of how you're coming across. Notice that I'm not disagreeing with you here, at all; note that I've not opposed you in any way.

You seem to want an argument, regardless of whether or not you are provided with someone to argue with.

Your reply is irrelevant, all I want you to do is to answer that one simple question.

Why do you continue to avoid trying to answer it?

And in typical BF mod fashion instead of answering a simple question you're making some pretty outrageous personal attacks

Answer the question

Your reply is irrelevant, all I want you to do is to answer that one simple question.

Why do you continue to avoid trying to answer it?
Because I'm not required to tapdance because you've invited me to; I am not compelled to play defense because you're determined to attack.
And in typical BF mod fashion instead of answering a simple question you're making some pretty outrageous personal attacks
If you have an issue with moderation, take it to PM.

I've not made a personal attack on you here, Saab NLAW. I've told you how you're coming across, because it's how you're coming across over the course of this conversation. Of course, even if I did, rule 2 of the SRP states the following:
2. The reality of this board is that sometimes discussions will lead to insults. As long as they are not repeated attacks or personal in nature, and are related to what the poster has said, the moderators will try to let discussion flow. Be grown ups.
Again, I've told you how your posting is being perceived. Not only is that not an attack, but even if it was it sits well within the rules.
Answer the question
Why? I don't disagree with you, and Rusty Brookes provided you with multiple.

You rather need to cool down. You're posting rather aggressively.

You need to educate yourself
Because I'm not required to tapdance because you've invited me to; I am not compelled to play defense because you're determined to attack.

If you have an issue with moderation, take it to PM.

I've not made a personal attack on you here, Saab NLAW. I've told you how you're coming across, because it's how you're coming across over the course of this conversation. Of course, even if I did, rule 2 of the SRP states the following:

Again, I've told you how your posting is being perceived. Not only is that not an attack, but even if it was it sits well within the rules.

Why? I don't disagree with you, and Rusty Brookes provided you with multiple.

You rather need to cool down. You're posting rather aggressively.

You made a comment which I believe is not only inaccurate but deliberately inflammatory, you were challenged to provide any shred of evidence to back up your ridiculous claim but you refuse to even try.

You accuse me of posting aggressively but then you post crap like this
you appear to have an issue with muslims in the way you're addressing your complaint.

Pull your head in, if you're going to make grandmother statements then at least have the basic intelligence to back them up with examples and to debate the issue without making personal attacks.

You made a comment which I believe is not only inaccurate but deliberately inflammatory, you were challenged to provide any shred of evidence to back up your ridiculous claim but you refuse to even try.
... I made a comment so obvious as to be redundant, and you reacted by having a full blown hissy fit.

Take a breath. Calm down.
You accuse me of posting aggressively but then you post crap like this
... because that is how you're coming across.
Pull your head in...
This is is deeply ironic.

You've gone completely off the deep end to a fairly innocuous comment concerning religious privilege within secular society here, because you don't like my opinion on how you're coming across.

You need to stop looking for an attack where there isn't one.
... if you're going to make grandmother statements then at least have the basic intelligence to back them up with examples and to debate the issue without making personal attacks.
Again: not a single post I've addressed at you has been an attack. You need to take a deep breath. Seriously.

Also (and this might just be me) but you seem to expect people to dance because you tell them they have to. I don't know about you, but I don't take particularly kindly to someone insisting I squaredance; I don't like country music at all, nor do I dance for just anyone.

It's exceedingly difficult to hold a gun to someone's head when they're on the other side of the internet to you, if you're so desirous of getting an answer to a question that's already been answered by someone else (whose post you ignored).

An idea in future for you might be to ask someone to share their opinion instead of bluntly insisting they do what you want them to do?

Do people believe there is no “to much” Islam in australia? Or do you think numbers need to be capped as such?

There's not as many Muslims as the media likes to make out.

In 2021 the most common religions were:

• Christianity (43.9%)
  • No religion (38.9%)
  • Islam (3.2%)
  • Hinduism (2.7%)
  • Buddhism (2.4%)

Growing rapidly. The question remains the same. Is there such thing as “too much” for people?

Since 1971

There's been a;
Decline in Christians from 86.2% to 43.9% (- 42.3%)
Increase in 'other' Religions from 0.8% to 10.0% (+ 9.2%)
Increase in No Religion from 6.7% to 38.9% (+ 32.2%)

Seems to me the fastest growing group is the non-religious, not Muslim.

Growing rapidly. The question remains the same. Is there such thing as “too much” for people?

Far and away our biggest migrant intake is temporary visas for education and skilled workers - not many are Islamic. They're both a necessity for our economy. We actually need to bunp up the skilled visas if we want to build enough houses and other infrastructure to meet demand.

We take in a really small number of humanitarian or refugee visas. For a while a large percentage of these were Islamic - mainly Afghanistan or Iraq. But we're not talking big numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since 1971

There's been a;
Decline in Christians from 86.2% to 43.9% (- 42.3%)
Increase in 'other' Religions from 0.8% to 10.0% (+ 9.2%)
Increase in No Religion from 6.7% to 38.9% (+ 32.2%)

Seems to me the fastest growing group is the non-religious, not Muslim.
Islam is growing in Britain for example. Could the same happen here?

My question remains the same. When is too much for Australia? Or is there no too much.

This thread isn’t about Hinduism. The question remains the same…
The question is irrelevant as we're not going to see a significant shift based on immigration without a dramatic cahnge in immigration policy, so it could only happen through conversion. And the government sure as hell shouldn't be trying to control individuals religious conversions.

Nope.

1716183967972.png

The growth of Islam is nothing compared to the growth of the 'No Religion' people.

I think it's pretty safe to assume us Atheists and Agnostics will be (and remain) in the majority soon enough.

Hopefully we overtake the Christians soon.

Doesn’t mean it can’t happen in the future.

The UK Muslim growth is very high. Would you be ok with that in australia?
What is the growth rate? Is that citizens born here or immigration?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back