Mystery Which Mystery Would You Most Like to See Solved?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got to see this one, the Solway Firth Spaceman photo solved in my lifetime. I believe the explanation in the video is likely correct. He doesn't mention the photgrapher was also known to be a bit of a joker.

There are two, and they are murder mysteries, but I'll get down to one. Studied both these cases for a long time and don't know if they ever will be solved. The first one Jon benet Ramsey, Having looked at everything so many times over while considering every possible angle and even throwing in the Sherlock Holmes theory, "when you have eliminated the impossible, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth", there are not many ways the ending could have happened.

The second one I was fascinated in many different ways. The killer was never seen{ I have my own theory on that } he was never caught, and after a while the killings stopped or did they? "Jack the ripper," in Whitechapel in the 1880s, it was a different time
and police methods were a long way behind what they are now. Being a Ripperologist, it has to be this one.

I've got a feeling some mysteries will probably be solved in the next 10 years while others I fear may never get solved.

There are two, and they are murder mysteries, but I'll get down to one. Studied both these cases for a long time and don't know if they ever will be solved. The first one Jon benet Ramsey, Having looked at everything so many times over while considering every possible angle and even throwing in the Sherlock Holmes theory, "when you have eliminated the impossible, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth", there are not many ways the ending could have happened.

The second one I was fascinated in many different ways. The killer was never seen{ I have my own theory on that } he was never caught, and after a while the killings stopped or did they? "Jack the ripper," in Whitechapel in the 1880s, it was a different time
and police methods were a long way behind what they are now. Being a Ripperologist, it has to be this one.

I've got a feeling some mysteries will probably be solved in the next 10 years while others I fear may never get solved.
One of the parents killed Jon Benet Ramsey in my opinion. Really don't know which one and the father and brother will likely never tell even on their death beds.

Jack the Ripper will never be solved. We can speculate but this long removed from the evidence we can never be sure.

One of the parents killed Jon Benet Ramsey in my opinion. Really don't know which one and the father and brother will likely never tell even on their death beds.

Jack the Ripper will never be solved. We can speculate but this long removed from the evidence we can never be sure.
Pretty much spot on with Jack the ripper, with Jon Benet, I believe Burke accidently killed his sister, the fact he nearly killed her by hitting her with a golf club once and a lot of other things that don't add up, the parents are covering for Burke. That 911 call where Patsy doesn't hang the phone up correctly and you hear her talking, only then does she realise {she is very meticulous in every thing she does and the way she presents certain words is very odd, for the situation} the phone hasn't been hung up, she quickly rectifies that problem.

In a lot of cases like this people make mistakes but its the little ones that usually catch them out in the end. Her behaviour from start to finish and things she said and things she didn't do is the act of someone trying to protect a certain someone, that someone isn't John.

The puzzling disappearance of heiress Dorothy Arnold from Fifth Avenue in New York after leaving her wealthy family's mansion to go shopping on a cold Saturday morning in December 1910 has never been solved, and 113 years later probably never will be.

However, there were apparently two novels published in the 2000s (not sure of titles or authors) gave two interesting fictional spins on the case, linking her ultimate fate to two infamous real-life disasters that occurred in the years immediately following 1910.

In one book, Dorothy Arnold was part of an underground feminist/suffragette movement, and she voluntarily 'vanished' to work undercover to expose the terrible treatment of women in New York's poorer quarters. One of her assignments saw her working at the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory, a harsh and unsafe sweatshop in which the mainly female workforce - many of whom were illiterate and/or could not speak English - were treated appallingly. When a devastating fire broke out at the factory in 1911 - not surprisingly given the abysmal safety 'standards' at Triangle even for the time - Arnold was amongst the many killed in the inferno.

The second book, more of a romance than the first, saw Dorothy Arnold instead elope with a forbidden lover to England when she disappeared in late 1910. However, while the romance was all sunshine and roses early, things turned sour after a year and untenable by early 1912. Using a false name, Arnold fled by night and booked passage to return to America on a new ocean liner that was to leave Southampton for New York on April 10. Of course, the ship was the Titanic, and this version of Dorothy Arnold died when the Titanic struck an iceberg and sank with heavy loss of life in the North Atlantic five days later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back