Team Captain
Jun 20, 2006
scarborough
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
subi - wafl
well fellow hawkers
here we sit in good old perth eagerly anticipating the start of the football year...low and behold, we dont get coverage of the %$#@ hawks v crows game!!!!!!!!
on channel 10 - lions v dockers
on fox - lions v dockers
what a disgrace!
i feel like snapping one off and sending half a piece to channel 10 and half a piece to fox...w***ers!

well fellow hawkers
here we sit in good old perth eagerly anticipating the start of the football year...low and behold, we dont get coverage of the %$#@ hawks v crows game!!!!!!!!
on channel 10 - lions v dockers
on fox - lions v dockers
what a disgrace!
i feel like snapping one off and sending half a piece to channel 10 and half a piece to fox...w***ers!

The Inglewood is your friend

I was thinking the same the other day, absolute shit coverage.

I was thinking of getting Fox but there is no guarantee to even to see the game on Fox either.

Disgraceful.

Had better change with the new broadcast deal.

The solution is simple in that when there is a clash allow Foxtel to show the game on main event into Perth, as they do in NSW and QLD.

I feel your pain, I'm waiting for the nations capital to catch onto the national sport and show more games live, waiting, waiting,... *a tumbleweed... tumbles past*

But at least I can watch a delayed telecast of the game at 10:45pm on Sat night.

Emailed the below to Adrian Anderson just now (as I did last year with no reply).

Hi Adrian,

I am writing as I am one of many frustrated AFL club members denied the chance to watch their team play on television due to the fact they live interstate. I live in Perth and I am an interstate member of Hawthorn however whenever a West Australian team is playing in a Foxtel broadcast game the FTA channel (7 or 10) will show the same game in Perth. This is understandable, however why is it not possible to allow Foxtel to show the other game on Main Event as they do into NSW and QLD.

This is happening on Saturday night, Brisbane V Fremantle is on Channel Ten and Fox Sports 1 in NSW and QLD and Adelaide V Hawthorn is on Foxtels Main Event Channel 518 in NSW and QLD. In WA however there is no coverage of Adelaide and Hawthorn, the best we get is a replay on Foxtel at 7am on Sunday morning. I have spoken with Foxtel and they claim they are not allowed to show AFL games on main event into WA, note the same situation occurs in SA.

Surely this can be easily fixed immediately and will only result in many more people watching AFL across the country something I am sure you would be supportive of.

Regards,

A major river drought stricken yet still flowing, barely.

There is a word that allows you to drink from these waters.

Ask and you will recieve.

I called Foxtel yesterday to express my views on this (same as yours) and they informed me that it is free in regional areas on Main Event (Channel 518) when there is a conflict with the local clubs. Apparently Perth is a regional area. I have my doubts but will check it out on Saturday. Hopefully they have sorted out the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head on down to the inglewood the game will be shown live and it's a great place to watch the game with fellow hawks fans plus they have great food and beer.

Is the Inglewood a Hawthorn supporters pub or just one that shows the game?

Also they list the game as 'on early' with no time...give it starts at 5 (same time they are showing the Freo/Brisbane game) does that mean they'll be showing it somewhere else in the pub?

The game starts at 4.30pm perth time. I'm not sure whether we will be on the big screen or the other part of the pub either way both are good. It pretty much is a hawks supporters pub we get a nice crowd of hawks fans there for most games. We have a regular 15 odd that are there but some games we get alot more.

Got a reply from Adrian Anderson, basically said the AFL doesn't give a stuff about Hawthorn, said I whinge more than Jeff!

No seriously, he replied and put me on to the AFL's broadcasting manager, see how we go.

Will be at the Inglewood in any event, and to the crow fan, yes it is a Hawthorn supporters pub only:D!

The game starts at 4.30pm perth time. I'm not sure whether we will be on the big screen or the other part of the pub either way both are good. It pretty much is a hawks supporters pub we get a nice crowd of hawks fans there for most games. We have a regular 15 odd that are there but some games we get alot more.

Ok who is this - I know you dont I........

Is the Inglewood a Hawthorn supporters pub or just one that shows the game?

Also they list the game as 'on early' with no time...give it starts at 5 (same time they are showing the Freo/Brisbane game) does that mean they'll be showing it somewhere else in the pub?

You might feel a bit lonely but don't worry we'll take care of you (insert maniacal laugh here)

Yea have been whinging to my wife all week about how rubbish the broadcasts are over here. Even the other games tonight and tomorrow we have to watch it with a four hour delay.

With the Fremantle game on, it will be in the smaller sports bar. They usually put the volume on which is great. Or you can watch the replay on at 7:30am on Sunday morning - I mean WTF is with that...

When watching it at the Inglewood I have noticed they have advertisements for Alice Springs businesses. So I'm guessing it is southern cross TV or something along the lines.

I moved here from Brisbane and you would think being a majority rugby state there coverage would be not as good, but unfortunatly it was a lot better then Perth.

Oh well vent over.... :thumbsdown:

Yea have been whinging to my wife all week about how rubbish the broadcasts are over here. Even the other games tonight and tomorrow we have to watch it with a four hour delay.

With the Fremantle game on, it will be in the smaller sports bar. They usually put the volume on which is great. Or you can watch the replay on at 7:30am on Sunday morning - I mean WTF is with that...

When watching it at the Inglewood I have noticed they have advertisements for Alice Springs businesses. So I'm guessing it is southern cross TV or something along the lines.

I moved here from Brisbane and you would think being a majority rugby state there coverage would be not as good, but unfortunatly it was a lot better then Perth.

Oh well vent over.... :thumbsdown:
Sounds like the Inglewood are showing Imparja to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back