What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #2

no Heath Culpitt? Did you have to play a certain amount of games at the club?

I remember Charlie Oliver playing in the late 1960's - a terrific player in a poor team. I am not saying he should have made this team - just remembering him. I think he may be a relative of the CEO. Peter Hall who went on and played with Carlton was very good too. The Maine have produced some great players and have been a very loyal to the Bendigo League through good times and bad.

no Heath Culpitt? Did you have to play a certain amount of games at the club?
The criteria was a minimum of 50 games. Also they took into consideration what service you provided for the club according to the local paper. Heath possibly played 50 games but dont think he should have been in the 25 based on that criteria.

Does anyone want to make any early predictions?

Premiers: Golden Square
Runners up: Gisborne
League Medal: Aaron Connaughton and Ollie Messaudi
Leading Goalkicker: Justin Maddern

Or anything else you want to add...

Does anyone want to make any early predictions?

Runners up: Gisborne
League Medal: Aaron Connaughton and Ollie Messaudi
Leading Goalkicker: Justin Maddern

Or anything else you want to add...

Runners up: Kangaroo Flat
League Medal: Lee Coghlan/hawkins
Leading Goalkicker: Tyrone Downie

Eaglehawk bonus! Premiership star to return
Eaglehawk currently in 5th position on the Bendigo Football League and clinging to aspirations of third straight Premiership have had an added bonus with Jayden Dole set to return to Canterbury Park.

Dole who was a hero in the 2007 triumph playing an inspirational game which included a number of telling marks in the final term of the match has played little football since that match and started this season with HDFL club White Hills.

The 25 year old would only play the opening 4 matches of the season though before his former club lured him back to play the remainder of the season. He is set to train tonight with the Hawks and could be available as soon as Saturday for the match against the Strathfieldsaye Storm at Tannery Lane if the HDFL Demons stamp the approval of his clearance.

http://[URL blocked]/?p=1787

Quiet on here lads.

Tips for the weekend

Gisborne by 40 over Maryborough
C'maine to make it 3 in a row over Kyneton by 30 odd
Hurst over Roos by 10 points.. b/c they HAVE to win, no other choice
E'hawk over Storm by 50
South to beat an injury-depleted Square by 30

But Square still the flag favourites for me

Quiet on here lads.

Tips for the weekend

E'hawk over Storm by 50

If the Kyneton team named in the paper is accurate then it would seem like a good opportunity for a big Castlemaine win. Seems to be a bit undermanned still.

Quiet on here lads.

Tips for the weekend

E'hawk over Storm by 50

looks like you have a crystal ball there dr kenneth. spot on with the wins and uncannily precise with the point margins.

looks like you have a crystal ball there dr kenneth. spot on with the wins and uncannily precise with the point margins.
and as a Sandhurst supporter the win over the Flat was just what the good Doctor ordered.

Well done Doc, can you do it again next week when we play Square?

The netballers are terrible - but saying that a couple would be harder at the ball than some of the footy players on the weekened - yes that includes your high priced recuit Picioane - not the good one - the one that lives off his brothers coat tails and follows him around.

It looks like you wrong again - I am sitting in my office about to make dreams happen on the stock market - did I not warn you to sell all managed funds to cash 18 months ago? But centrelink jokes are funny Davis 24.

But the biggest laugh I have had in years - well I think you can guess - Kyneton.

Hooray for Kyneton - Hooray for them making me laugh.

As for the Under 18's - you must not have heard the Gissy song
"Tip Toe into Gisborne put your boots on - and get your head kicked in" Lesson learnt.

K.A - again i've been forced to post. I just like reading usually, but i need to butt in here for just a quick moment. You may not like me for this one (remember we both support the kanga's though, so you can't hate me), but it was in fact your arch enemies a little further north up the Calder that started the old "tip toe" chant. Granted it was before your time in the BenFL, but it was introuduced by Filo and Co. in Kyneton's glorious mid ninties. Please don't use this as yet another opportunity to bag the tigers, just accept and move on. You and I are both a little to close to the big smoke to say it was a gissy innitiative.

- eat my footy shorts

Its been said that Dole owed quite a large sum of money to White Hills and Eaglehawk paid it off for him, but will now be playing a certain amount of games for free, seemed very disinterested and selfish player there!

And yes Doc very well predicted on the weekends results!

Saw the Kyneton vs Castlemaine game yesterday. A few interesting observations.

Not sure about Jamie Elliot playing himself, even though kicking 6 goals. Could it be detrimental. I guess time will tell. Apart from that they are playing very good footy despite some key players not playing yesterday. Will be confident on taking on Maryborough this week at the fortress whihc is the Camp Reserve. Unfortunately in my opinion they have left there run too late.

On the Kyneton boys they should be congratulated on how they stuck to their task. They had a few out there that would barely up to reserves level however they stuck at it and I could see some promising signs. Also their supporters are second to none. They would be the one of the most parochial in the competition. Even when they were 12 goals down they were still making noise when they kicked a goal etc. Personally I can see light at the end of the tunnell for them and I hope they stick it out in the Bendigo League.

The other strange thing that I saw and I only had just arrived at the ground when this happened was the reserves game nearly been called off as the umpires had walked off the ground. Apparently there was a bit of a fraca and the umpires just walked off. If anyone can add to that that would be great.

All in all a successful weekend for Castlemaine as they took home the Challenge Cup once again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bear Boy or Cousin - is there any thruth in the rumour that Luke Saunders will not play again this year? The cut on his knee is worse that first thought and will keep him out for the season.

Go DRAGONS!! What a great win after what I saw Saturday it's hard to believe Flat beat South. Anyway great win by our blokes Coggy was a star again the little champ has to be a chance for the Michelsen.

What did you reckon of the game Mr.Muscles?

and as a Sandhurst supporter the win over the Flat was just what the good Doctor ordered.

Well done Doc, can you do it again next week when we play Square?

And I tipped 8 in the AFL... should buy a ticket in tomorrow's $90mill draw I reckon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcRX8761Hv4

Not sure if this guy, Matthew Smith, has played in the BFL or not? But he is from the Bendigo Pioneers. Is this kid a chance of making the AFL? Worth a look at recruiting? He appears lightning quick and a ferocious tackler in this video. What are peoples opinions?

Not sure if this guy, Matthew Smith, has played in the BFL or not? But he is from the Bendigo Pioneers. Is this kid a chance of making the AFL? Worth a look at recruiting? He appears lightning quick and a ferocious tackler in this video. What are peoples opinions?

:rolleyes:

You do realise we can read posts you've previously made....? You have taken every chance to shamelessly promote yourself on other threads and have almost certainly knocked that YouTube vid up yourself with the highlights dvd you get from pioneers, so don't pretend to be an impartial footy watcher.

If you want us to tell you how good you are and heap praise on you to caress your ego, then your out of luck.

Bear Boy or Cousin - is there any thruth in the rumour that Luke Saunders will not play again this year? The cut on his knee is worse that first thought and will keep him out for the season.

only a rumour at this stage

Go DRAGONS!! What a great win after what I saw Saturday it's hard to believe Flat beat South. Anyway great win by our blokes Coggy was a star again the little champ has to be a chance for the Michelsen.

What did you reckon of the game Mr.Muscles?

Yes was a good win Sandhurst played well for prob 30 mins where they kicked 10 or so goals.

thought bateson and hill were better then coggie

was won in the centre and sandhurst forward...

any flat player/person tell me why downie geary and bourke dont either start or play much in the centre

Downie is a fantastic player and gets the ball alot (forward)

Geary gets most stoppages clearences or influnences them around the ground with 2 players on him (forward)

Bourke is the quickest and hardest player they have yet plays on the wing

not sure where flat are at the structure in the backline was a lil strange with a tall on little stagg.

hopefully i am writing more constructive stuff on flat next week against gisbourne

will be interesting at selection, wasnt sure bout flats best either, not sure white or heir were very influential

i would of said west downie geary ford and found it hard after that to find good players

hopefully not to cold this week might have to chuck a few jumpers and jackets this week and sit my car to watch them game hopefully i dont leave at half time like last time they played

Dont rate him at all. Speed is fine but does not much else. Dustin Martin is twice the player of this kid. Overated and will no doubt chase coin in the HDFL in the next few years to stroke his ego.

haha well im not up my self thanks young son, and im not mathew smith. but im mates with the kid and am trying to the video out there. im not sure who made it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back