What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a bit of a pedestrian rager at the shopping centre. 😅

I wish people had to get walking licenses that indicated they at least know how to safely cross a road, and stick left on the escalators.

In some countries they paint lines on the path to indicate where the slow lane is. Shopping centres need that
What are your thoughts on people at the supermarket who stop with their trolley virtually sideways taking up most of the aisle, and then they stand where the only gap is to work out what they want from the shelves on the opposite side of the aisle?

I mean have some spatial awareness you w***ers!

One that shits me is groups (3 or more) that both walk slowly, and in a horizontal line.

Group up or speed up, arseholes.
What happens when someone walks towards them with their head buried in their mobile? My hope is they bump into each other and spontaneously combust.

Driving shits me. More specifically, people driving.

It just seems like such a lazy, selfish, stupid and unnecessary thing to me, and yet the majority of people do it.

I accept it is necessary (/more convenient) for things such as transport, emergency services, and the physically impaired. I wouldn't expect people that can barely move or do so without pain, to have to walk to the shops etc. That I understand.

But for the average person that drives, just because. Especially for journeys that they could very easily walk. Drives me crazy.

Particularly in this day and age when we know the impact it has on the environment. So many bleeding hearts that preach about the environment, yet hop into the car so that they can drive 10 minutes to the shops or to work. Spare me.

You then also have death tolls and accidents (to both humans and animals).

And don't get me started on the deadbeats that speed, / blare their horns when they have to wait 5 seconds at an intersection / rev their engines.

All of it is just so incredibly stupid and selfish.
And I have to dodge these drivers every day.

I get it.

I do unintentionally find myself impervious to the world around me at the shops but it's because I've become part of the collateral.
disappointed come on GIF

Preliminary final and Grand final week when every one of the thousands of football experts get to over analyze the games with useless theories and predictions.

Another gripe of mine is what I'd consider internet lingo, seeping into everyday life.

"Hot take"
"Nice melt"
"Die on this hill"
Plus others that escape me right now.

Phrases that you'd see popping up on forums like this, and the comments sections of things like YouTube and Instagram a few years back, and have since entered real life conversations.

I can't explain why beyond saying it just feels forced and unnatural. There are existing ways to convey the sentiment. At some stage somebody coined these alternatives for a laugh, and here we are, with fully grown adults speaking as though they're 15.

Another gripe of mine is what I'd consider internet lingo, seeping into everyday life.

"Hot take"
"Nice melt"
"Die on this hill"

Phrases that you'd see popping up on forums like this, and the comments sections of things like YouTube and Instagram a few years back, and have since entered real life conversations.

I can't explain why beyond saying it just feels forced and unnatural. There are existing ways to convey the sentiment. At some stage somebody coined these alternatives for a laugh, and here we are, with fully grown adults speaking as though they're 15.
Welcome to old age my friend

"Hot take"
"Nice melt"
"Die on this hill"

Haven't heard much of those particular ones, other than die on this hill (or "pick your battles", "choose which hill to die on") which are much older expressions.

"lol" morphed from being actual laughing out loud to being used ironically and then being used ironically irl :\

Also 'campaigner' 🤣

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't heard much of those particular ones, other than die on this hill (or "pick your battles", "choose which hill to die on") which are much older expressions.

"lol" morphed from being actual laughing out loud to being used ironically and then being used ironically irl :\

Also 'campaigner' 🤣
I use "die in a ditch" a bit.

landlords & looking for work.

had to move back in with the parents because my landlord decided to sell the place i was renting (with 2 other people mind you). while he'd told us like 3 months ago that he was planning on it, there'd been no communication from him or the real estate agent people until tuesday last week when he said we needed to vacate the property by today.
******* annoyed but glad i'm not pissing away money on some dodgy rental in inner east melbourne anymore. feels a bit odd to be back in with the parents but i've got some semblance of privacy again.

i was brought in at the start of the year on a 2 year contract with a private school (won't name it but it's a big footy one) to replace some old codger who retired, and got told at the start of the school holidays that "he found retirement boring and intellectually unstimulating) so they requested that i step down. they paid me out so i happily did but man it's a nightmare to ******* look for teaching jobs. i've applied for like 20 since monday last week & i've heard back from one of them. it's so frustrating being blanked all the time because they've probably picked someone else over me

at least it gives me time to play bad video games again

landlords & looking for work.

had to move back in with the parents because my landlord decided to sell the place i was renting (with 2 other people mind you). while he'd told us like 3 months ago that he was planning on it, there'd been no communication from him or the real estate agent people until tuesday last week when he said we needed to vacate the property by today.
******* annoyed but glad i'm not pissing away money on some dodgy rental in inner east melbourne anymore. feels a bit odd to be back in with the parents but i've got some semblance of privacy again.

i was brought in at the start of the year on a 2 year contract with a private school (won't name it but it's a big footy one) to replace some old codger who retired, and got told at the start of the school holidays that "he found retirement boring and intellectually unstimulating) so they requested that i step down. they paid me out so i happily did but man it's a nightmare to ******* look for teaching jobs. i've applied for like 20 since monday last week & i've heard back from one of them. it's so frustrating being blanked all the time because they've probably picked someone else over me

at least it gives me time to play bad video games again
So no teacher shortage after all..?

So no teacher shortage after all..?
there is, certainly, just vying with like 100s of other graduates for jobs, and i don't feel like moving out to the sticks any time soon.

finding work in rural schools would be easier, but that's a different challenge entirely. compare a country town with a population of 1'000 to a school like Scotch College in Melbourne. instead of working in conjunction with a department, having access to high quality resources to amplify and assist in teaching, i'd generally be teaching most year levels as a single teacher, maybe with another if i'm lucky, be under resourced and likely have different challenges than teaching in a big public (or private) school in the city.

i also teach general humanities, and VCE History, both Australian and revolutions, and VCE politics, which i can't say there's too much of a shortage of, compared to english, mathematics and science. (my mom's also a teacher and while she started at her current place of employment in 2017 after moving from a different school) she's constantly getting job offers via linkd in for science teacher jobs.

i'll find one, i just hate the process, it's frustrating to get absolutely no responses whatsoever.

there is, certainly, just vying with like 100s of other graduates for jobs, and i don't feel like moving out to the sticks any time soon.

finding work in rural schools would be easier, but that's a different challenge entirely. compare a country town with a population of 1'000 to a school like Scotch College in Melbourne. instead of working in conjunction with a department, having access to high quality resources to amplify and assist in teaching, i'd generally be teaching most year levels as a single teacher, maybe with another if i'm lucky, be under resourced and likely have different challenges than teaching in a big public (or private) school in the city.

i also teach general humanities, and VCE History, both Australian and revolutions, and VCE politics, which i can't say there's too much of a shortage of, compared to english, mathematics and science. (my mom's also a teacher and while she started at her current place of employment in 2017 after moving from a different school) she's constantly getting job offers via linkd in for science teacher jobs.

i'll find one, i just hate the process, it's frustrating to get absolutely no responses whatsoever.
I’ve taught in public schools in rural Victoria. Don’t knock it till you try it. Also not sure you’ve got the right idea of what rural schools are like. It sounds to me like you’ve describe a VERY rural school to me, but there are plenty of rural schools that are sized comparably to metropolitan schools but still maintain that rural vibe.

Seems like you’re aiming to get a job at a private school, which is all well and good, but just know that there will be competition. Also, as you’ve already found out, the job stability isn’t necessarily as good.

I’ve taught in public schools in rural Victoria. Don’t knock it till you try it. Also not sure you’ve got the right idea of what rural schools are like. It sounds to me like you’ve describe a VERY rural school to me, but there are plenty of rural schools that are sized comparably to metropolitan schools but still maintain that rural vibe.

Seems like you’re aiming to get a job at a private school, which is all well and good, but just know that there will be competition. Also, as you’ve already found out, the job stability isn’t necessarily as good.
eh, not entirely tbh, i used to live rural, moved to bendigo, then moved to melbourne, so i've experienced a bit of both and i did prefer bendigo/melbourne, they were much different environments than rural which i didn't like (though that was due to it being primary school and my memory being remarkably foggy about most things before grade 10)
while i did give an extreme example between the two comparisons, generally speaking i think i much prefer the urban/suburban lifestyle (at least right now). what i'd like most is a school that has great students, great staff and isn't too far away (i'd be fine anywhere from 30m-1h commute though anything is negotiable). the most important part to me is that i do end up teaching subjects that i like teaching.

Meh. No sympathy. I've gone overseas teaching, as well as in remote communities in the NT, earlier in my career in order to get a job. The younger generation just want everything handed to them on a silver platter. A bit like these mumma boys drafted to an interstate club who don't want to go, or go back home a year later. You're playing AFL footy. Suck it up princess.

This feels quite illegal btw... unsure if you can take any action now, but worth looking into.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back