What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon 3 months jail and 8 whacks with the ratan would turn people off graffiti here too.

the graffiti is starting to s**t me too. It seems to be everywhere right now.
Aren't you Banksy

My local station removed the tap and go option at the fuel pump. I don't want to have to walk the 10 metres into the store. :(
You do know it saves you money ? I never tap unless I have to as it attracts a fee.

A lot of places whack you with the surcharge now for any card, unless you pay actual cash it's much of a muchness.
I encouraged my local coffee shop to charge the surcharge because a lot of people tap their coffees and she's bleeding money on the fee the banks charge.

Should just be built into the price
She hasn't changed her price in 5 years. So she's already bleeding money I think. But I also don't know what her books say so 🤷‍♂️

She hasn't changed her price in 5 years. So she's already bleeding money I think. But I also don't know what her books say so 🤷‍♂️
Bloody hell, she's due a price rise if nothing else to take the pressure off herself. Would barely be a cafe in the country that wouldn't have increased their coffee prices in the last 5 years.

Was she reasonably priced or a bit expensive as of 5 years ago? If reasonably priced back then she could easily jack the price 50c to $1 and still be more than competitive now.

Bloody hell, she's due a price rise if nothing else to take the pressure off herself. Would barely be a cafe in the country that wouldn't have increased their coffee prices in the last 5 years.

Was she reasonably priced or a bit expensive as of 5 years ago? If reasonably priced back then she could easily jack the price 50c to $1 and still be more than competitive now.
Been $5 for a medium since I've been going to her.

I honestly don't know where that sits on the price scale.

Yeah me neither. At the end of the day it's her business so it's on her to offer value to customers but still make it a viable business for her own sake.
I only know it's been that long because I used to go to my mates coffee shop for a free coffee and he shut down..... hmm I see a link here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been $5 for a medium since I've been going to her.

I honestly don't know where that sits on the price scale.
That's reasonable today.

Some places are charging $7 or $8 for just a regular (non specialty) coffee now, she should/could definitely increase.

That's reasonable today.

Some places are charging $7 or $8 for just a regular (non specialty) coffee now, she should/could definitely increase.
I'm not telling her that. $8 seems extreme to me!

A lot of places whack you with the surcharge now for any card, unless you pay actual cash it's much of a muchness.
Can not remember exactly where I read it but it is not actually much of a muchness. You could be saving around $500 a year by not doing it.

This is what you get when you google it.

Fees for tap-and-go are about four times higher than EFTPOS and add about 40¢ to a $100 transaction for a retailer or merchant. Businesses then pass on the extra costs to consumers either through surcharges or by increasing the cost of goods across the store.

Can not remember exactly where I read it but it is not actually much of a muchness. You could be saving around $500 a year by not doing it.

This is what you get when you google it.

Fees for tap-and-go are about four times higher than EFTPOS and add about 40¢ to a $100 transaction for a retailer or merchant. Businesses then pass on the extra costs to consumers either through surcharges or by increasing the cost of goods across the store.

It's a bit misleading because it's not the tap and go part, but the Visa / Mastercard part that makes the difference.

If you're going inside and still using a Visa or Mastercard then you'll be copping the same fee (Visa debit the same).

Problem is that I've seen a number of businesses also slug you for EFTPOS payments the same way.

It's a bit misleading because it's not the tap and go part, but the Visa / Mastercard part that makes the difference.

If you're going inside and still using a Visa or Mastercard then you'll be copping the same fee (Visa debit the same).

Problem is that I've seen a number of businesses also slug you for EFTPOS payments the same way.
The fees are still higher and most people do use a VISA / Visa debit or Mastercard. It is not that misleading. More than 90% of businesses add a surcharge. If you do not tap you are actually not paying more. You still get charged yes but not as much.

My wife works in retail (very large national company). She confirmed that surcharges are added for tap and go and you can actually see the price change on the terminal in some places.

Last edited:
Bad coffee is the absolute pits :(

Sounds like you need to get your own machine - learn to use it and you’ll have good cheap coffee for a decade or more
Can't put my own machine in the office.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back