What pissed me off this week ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone seems to.
No I mean I don't think the men invented the sport part is the controversial bit.

It's the idea that men own the sport and women should go make up a new sport and play that instead if they want to be athletes.

No I mean I don't think the men invented the sport part is the controversial bit.

It's the idea that men own the sport and women should go make up a new sport and play that instead if they want to be athletes.
I don't think that men own the sport. But it is a sport that is specifically geared for men. When i watch the AFLW the lack of skills or poorly executed skills is really noticeable. There are lots of sports that are female dominated or at least gender neutral and in which women already compete on a par with men. Gymnastics, tennis, CrossFit, swimming, volleyball for example. I think that rather than trying to achieve equality in a sport specifically designed for men we should be trying to promote profile of women athletes within these sports. I mentioned CrossFit because that's an example I am familiar with. But there must be lots of sports with champion women athletes that we don't even know about or who are poorly promoted.

Footy has an already developed audience. A culture. Shared rituals. TV distribution. All that.

Developing a new sport is risky. What TV station wants to take that on? What sponsor is spending the kind of money required to develop a new sport from what is effectively a standing start?

I just don't see it happening.

Footy has an already developed audience. A culture. Shared rituals. TV distribution. All that.

Developing a new sport is risky. What TV station wants to take that on? What sponsor is spending the kind of money required to develop a new sport from what is effectively a standing start?

I just don't see it happening.

The only real example I can think of is the UFC, essentially developing a sport on their own. It took a lot of money and political connections to get it to where it is though, it's sort of a one off I reckon.

Interestingly women's MMA has been around since before women's sport became more "fashionable", still Ronda Rousey by some measures would be the biggest star the UFC has had.

The only real example I can think of is the UFC, essentially developing a sport on their own. It took a lot of money and political connections to get it to where it is though, it's sort of a one off I reckon.

Interestingly women's MMA has been around since before women's sport became more "fashionable", still Ronda Rousey by some measures would be the biggest star the UFC has had.
and that wasn't even new really, just new to America

Stan Grant and his sister, talk about racist, too much.
Caroline Wilson, too much.
Media bullshit too much.

I've never heard any of my Indingeous mates ever mention shooting a duck.
The standard of AFLW has improved greatly.
8 weeks of yes/no bullshit on top of network 10 advertising their next brain dead reality s**t shows.

Criticism of Sam Newman's comments, MOST people feel the same.
When is enough a enough.

Dan Andrews, whens enough a enough.
Local councils following suit. Rates, cat taxes, dog taxes, bin taxes, sweep your street taxes, fart taxes etc etc.

Criticism of Sam Newman's comments, MOST people feel the same.
When is enough an enough.
False consensus effect.

Most people in your circle feel the same.

Boo away.

Driving to the local shopping centre in the Sleepy north-eastern suburbs of Melbourne, minding my own business getting the Friday family takeaway. I go to the rooftop carpark and my standard move is to go down one level to the top level of the underground carpark.

As I'm nearly at the ramp to go down a level, a group of 4-5 15 year olds threw a trolley over the rail of the rooftop. This was full daylight, before 6pm and there were two or three cars literally right next to them, the woman in the car in front at the top of the ramp was yelling out her window at them and I went to the nearest park to jump out and rip into them too. They laughed and ran off down the ramp.

I ended up going to security to report it and the guy (when he eventually came - the woman at the shop that I got to call security said "I'm glad we're not being robbed" when we were still waiting after about 10 minutes) listened to my story and then pretty much said "We don't have cameras in the carparks" and that was about it.

Oh. Wait, what? You don't have cameras that would catch a shopping trolley being thrown off the rooftop in broad daylight? Seriously?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Misinformation - it’s rampant, but probably more the thickheads who buy into it

After hours AGM where staff are “encouraged” to attend but Managers fail to show.

A cough I cannot shake - driving me nuts

Misinformation - it’s rampant, but probably more the thickheads who buy into it

After hours AGM where staff are “encouraged” to attend but Managers fail to show.

A cough I cannot shake - driving me nuts
I am almost getting to a stage where I cannot remember life before this cough.

It's a ******* joke

I am almost getting to a stage where I cannot remember life before this cough.

It's a ******* joke
I’ve bought an air physio to see if it can help improve my lungs

In my case it’s my own fault - smoked for 30 years (quit 15 years ago) so no doubt it’s contributing.

It’s just weird, I can go days with nothing and then I wake up and my cough sounds like a dog barking

I’ve bought an air physio to see if it can help improve my lungs

In my case it’s my own fault - smoked for 30 years (quit 15 years ago) so no doubt it’s contributing.

It’s just weird, I can go days with nothing and then I wake up and my cough sounds like a dog barking
Well mines definitely not from smoking... Um sick week 3 of term 3? Still coughing Week 2 of term 4.

Ricky Ponting back commentating cricket, never stops yapping ala Ian Chappell. My two favorite cricketers.
Essendon guernsey for AFLW game this round.
Women should commentate womens sport only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back