Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Worst news of the day... from AICN.

Universal has made a deal with Hasbro to make a s**t-ton of their board games into movies. Apparently Hasbro only gives their toy lines to Paramount/Dreamworks (Transformers and GI Joe) and now Universal has a monopoly (zing!) on the board games.

The deal promises at least 4 feature films. It could be anything from CANDY LAND, BATTLESHIP, MAGIC THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, OUIJA and CLUE... wait... Didn't they already do that one? So, would it be a remake or something more true to the original... umm... source... uh... material? As long as they get Tim Curry back!
And there have been at least two OUIJA horror movies I can remember... Witchboard, anyone?
What the hell... it's Universal's money. And who would have thought adapting a Disneyland ride would have worked out so well?
And, I have to say, CANDY LAND would make one ****ed up scary kid's horror/adventure movie. Give it to Gilliam!
Thoughts?

Worst news of the day... from AICN.

Universal has made a deal with Hasbro to make a s**t-ton of their board games into movies. Apparently Hasbro only gives their toy lines to Paramount/Dreamworks (Transformers and GI Joe) and now Universal has a monopoly (zing!) on the board games.

The deal promises at least 4 feature films. It could be anything from CANDY LAND, BATTLESHIP, MAGIC THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, OUIJA and CLUE... wait... Didn't they already do that one? So, would it be a remake or something more true to the original... umm... source... uh... material? As long as they get Tim Curry back!
And there have been at least two OUIJA horror movies I can remember... Witchboard, anyone?
What the hell... it's Universal's money. And who would have thought adapting a Disneyland ride would have worked out so well?
And, I have to say, CANDY LAND would make one ****ed up scary kid's horror/adventure movie. Give it to Gilliam!
Thoughts?

Well, my first thought is....let's not have the Gilliam discussion again.

Second thought.....I'd love to see "KerrPlunk" turned into a feature length extravaganza.

Btw, I'm pretty sure they sourced "Pearl Harbour" from the board game "Battleship" rather than, you know, actual events.

I have seen a few films that have been heavily influenced by "Twister" but.....errr, I'm not sure that's really a topic for this thread.

This one looks like a barrel of laughs

90248.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back