What Are You Listening To?

Remove this Banner Ad

My goodness I enjoyed this cover. Minchin is a genius in my eyes.
*Disclaimer* I detest Billie Eilish and all that she stand for, and Tim just upstaged her!!!

'Unlimited Love' by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Long overdue..

One of those gems in a barren music industry that pumps out politically-laden, activist garbage written in a boardroom or with algorithms.

Uplifting, positive-natured music is rare.

Red-Hot-Chili-Peppers-Unlimited-Love.jpg

Last edited:
I mostly listen to...and make (I use the term loosely!) Breakbeat Hardcore Rave from circa the early Nineties as I was into it aged 15 onwards from 1991.

But even I need releases from all the pandemonium of it and here's one I really love, I have a soft spot for Aim:

You're an Evidence fan - nice!
yes sir, I used to love more underground Hip-Hop, lyrically more poetic, diverse and heavier-hitting. Plus lots of cool sounds and melodies and the beatz. Yeahhhh boi! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes sir, I used to love more underground Hip-Hop, lyrically more poetic, diverse and heavier-hitting. Plus lots of cool sounds and melodies and the beatz. Yeahhhh boi! :D
Try this:

...and in my opinion, the single greatest piece of poetry ever penned by an MC...

Try this:

Yeah that's wicked, love the guitar bass and the lyrics are dark and foreboding. Matches the atmospheric melodies too, plus who doesn't love scratching intervals......seriously good :D

...and in my opinion, the single greatest piece of poetry ever penned by an MC...

Yeah, that's outstanding, it's particularly driven by that amazing choir-esque melody in the opening 3rd, I like the way the tune changes and engages different genres, bluesy at times almost....lyrically it's very potent and really encapsulates everything that the more commercially driven Hip Hop lost - that was always focusing more on the elements of fame that make the material happy and the soul miserable.. Give me this sort of stuff any day, haven't heard them before, been a while since I walked the yellow brick road of masterful rap. Cheers for these, they are fiyahhhh! :hearteyes: :ninjav1:

I think most people have probably already seen this, it's been around for a while. Just ran across it again tonight wandering down memory lane - More about the 5 folks on 1 guitar than the song itself. Fantastic job.

I used to own 2 Sepultura shirts

Chaos AD and a green and gold one
Green and gold one would have been “Roots” I reckon…? God I loved that band. Saw them at the Freo passenger terminal in the early 90’s . Backed up by Allegiance.

Green and gold one would have been “Roots” I reckon…? God I loved that band. Saw them at the Freo passenger terminal in the early 90’s . Backed up by Allegiance.
I managed the OPT in Freo for a time, including for that concert.

Cyclone Alby caused less damage than the crowd did that night...s**t everywhere!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back