Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
Pretty self explanatory thread.

Currently, an old math rock favourite of mine, Chavez:

Break Up Your Band

[YOUTUBE]bKr45j6S_qQ[/YOUTUBE]

Unreal is Here

[YOUTUBE]MLji0iCNyNI[/YOUTUBE]

I like the guitar riff at the start of that first one, that's about all though.

Except for all the naked guys of course.

I'm currently working my way through all the stuff I haven't heard in this awesome thread and adding any good s**t I find to my ipod.

I like the guitar riff at the start of that first one, that's about all though.

Except for all the naked guys of course.
Surprised you like that guitar riff to be honest, and not at least the second song.

The naked guys were there especially for you, Esti. ;)

Found the second song pretty boring. I like some mellow rock but that didn't do anything for me.

I was really liking the start of the first track until the singing started...

What do you think of this mi hombre? Seems if you would ever like any hip hop it would be some jazzy s**t like this:

[youtube]foVn0tvMWMQ[/youtube]

Man, I was expecting this thread to be really old, but it was fucing created tonight!

Anyway, Nutshell, Alice In Chains...

Found the second song pretty boring. I like some mellow rock but that didn't do anything for me.

I was really liking the start of the first track until the singing started...

What do you think of this mi hombre? Seems if you would ever like any hip hop it would be some jazzy s**t like this:

[youtube]foVn0tvMWMQ[/youtube]
The beats are pretty simple and repetitive actually.

I do listen to some hip hop/ drum and bass stuff to get ideas.

Some of the hip hop drummers have really good pockets and a nice groove, even if their fills aren't there. So, I can listen to their solo stuff. It's usually quite interesting without much blitzing.

Here is an example. Came across this while listening to people play on the kit I eventually want. Can't come soon enough. :D

Best bits just after 1.35 and 3mins.

[YOUTUBE]hu4c_iYD0YQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wb4Ev1rxUQ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wb4Ev1rxUQ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wb4Ev1rxUQ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wb4Ev1rxUQ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Catchy. :thumbsu:

Me likey.

At the moment...

The Strokes - Reptilia + Little Black Backpack.

Might add in a youtube vid later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A friend of mine who works in PR went OS and left a large chunk of her collection with another friend. He realised he wasn't doing it justice and passed it on to me as he knows I love listening to all kinds of things.

I'm currently working my way through 3 boxes of largely promo cd's and "new" alternative releases from the last 3 years. I'm about half way through the 500 or so cd's, trying to figure out what I want to burn and what I'd like to make her an offer on those she's willing to part with.

Aside from the 100 odd I've already got copies of, there's some gems I've been chasing like Danger Doom's "The Mouse and the Mask", a couple of M.Ward albums, some Springsteen, Nigel Kennedy's "Blue Note Sessions", some Dinosaur Jr re-issues, Great Lake Swimmers, Shearwater "Palo Santo", Ghostface Killah "Fishscale", Comets on Fire, Arab Strap, Bowie, My Morning Jacket, Charles Mingus, Bill Callaghan, the Stones, the Saints, PE, Madlib, Cash, Dirty Three and of course 80s Movie Hits.

I'm in heaven.

Hear that Chops? You might have some competition for biggest music freak on the Freo board. ;)

Hear that Chops? You might have some competition for biggest music freak on the Freo board. ;)
I already know Summerthebat is.

He used to import some incredibly obscure stuff, if I'm thinking correctly.

But I'm a big fan of some of the stuff Ogre talks about there. Big fan of Dino Jr. Mingus and the like. M Ward and Bill Callahan aka Smog are awesome. A River Aint Too Much Love from Smog is very good. Speaking of Mr Callahan, I'm listening now:

Rock Bottom Riser

[YOUTUBE]5J-WpgOzW9A[/YOUTUBE]

I Feel Like The Mother of The World with Miss Sevigny

[YOUTUBE]ntUXyBiheIU[/YOUTUBE]

Diamond Dancer

[YOUTUBE]vLv94gmvDBM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

He was guest programmer on rage a few weeks ago (months?) and they played Rock Bottom Riser, pretty cool song and even better videoclip too.

Sir Psycho Sexy- RHCP

heh heh. Time for the old fart to come up with a bunch of stuff nobody has heard of or isn't interested in anymore.

Had a recent trip to Perth and Sydney which I used to stock up up on stuff I don't have on CD but used to have on vinyl. Been listening to my new purchases.

Howlin' Wolf - this guy really is the best raw gut-bucket blues player/singer ever.
Salif Keita - saw him in concert at Belvoir in the nineties and he was excellent live so I took a punt. Not too bad for the western african/french production style stuff
Herbie Hancock - the essential (and it is. Saw him in concert last year. It's like a condensation of 50 years of jazz)
Hendrix - Are you Experienced and Live at Berkley - no one compares.
Tom Waits - Bone Machine. Great album

Also saw Zappa Plays Zappa while in Sydney. Awesome concert so I've been thrashing the old Frank CDs - Hot Rats, Apostrophe & Overnite Sensation mainly

heh heh. Time for the old fart to come up with a bunch of stuff nobody has heard of or isn't interested in anymore.

Howlin' Wolf - this guy really is the best raw gut-bucket blues player/singer ever.
Spoonful is one of the best blues songs ever IMO.

While I'm here... a favourite with trippers everywhere...

Jonathan Richman aka The Modern Lovers with the proto-punk stylings:

Pablo Picasso

"Well some people try to pick up girls
And get called assholes
This never happened to Pablo Picasso"

[YOUTUBE]fYAcX9hA_ak[/YOUTUBE]

I Was Dancing In The Lesbian Bar:

[YOUTUBE]3ftJwe3JDh0[/YOUTUBE]

Had a recent trip to Perth and Sydney which I used to stock up up on stuff I don't have on CD but used to have on vinyl. Been listening to my new purchases.

Salif Keita - saw him in concert at Belvoir in the nineties and he was excellent live so I took a punt. Not too bad for the western african/french production style stuff
Herbie Hancock - the essential (and it is. Saw him in concert last year. It's like a condensation of 50 years of jazz)
Hendrix - Are you Experienced and Live at Berkley - no one compares.
Tom Waits - Bone Machine. Great album

Also saw Zappa Plays Zappa while in Sydney. Awesome concert so I've been thrashing the old Frank CDs - Hot Rats, Apostrophe & Overnite Sensation mainly

I'm actually listening to the Head Hunters record right now mate, really dig Herbie Hancock.

Hey, I'm feeling like I'm amongst friends. :) haven't heard anyone mention Jonathon Richman (?) for a looong time. "I'm a little airplane, zooow, zooow"

That always cracked me up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back