What are you drinking right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was enjoying this one off the tap at the Cranker but it's all gone now.
Still got a case of cans to tide me over.

RedIPA_Webtile_Large.png

Have three bottles on rotation atm - Laphroaig 10 y.o., Nikka Single Malt Yoichi, and an Oban 14 y.o.

what do you think of Starward, as a distillery? traditionalists/whisky snobs seem to be a bit against them, but the solera and Forte i've tried have been absolute rippers. i think in the aus market a lot of our locally made spirits are so overpriced, that they're just shitty Starward actually prices reasonably.

what do you think of Starward, as a distillery? traditionalists/whisky snobs seem to be a bit against them, but the solera and Forte i've tried have been absolute rippers. i think in the aus market a lot of our locally made spirits are so overpriced, that they're just shitty Starward actually prices reasonably.
I'm not a whisky snob so don't take my opinion. The only Starward stuff I've drunk was their Old Fashioned premix which I thought was fine. Agree that local whiskies are expensive but that's a result of small volumes coupled with the need to age it.

I'm not a whisky snob so don't take my opinion. The only Starward stuff I've drunk was their Old Fashioned premix which I thought was fine. Agree that local whiskies are expensive but that's a result of small volumes coupled with the need to age it.

i've tried the old fashioned and it's just alright. strongly recommend solera or forte though if you see it, or even give it a try at a tasting somewhere.

the other aus whisky i've tried which i really like is overeem, a bit pricy though.

not a whisky snob either, just going on what i like.

Aberlour A'bunadh Single Malt Scotch Whisky - Aberlour

not australian but this one is amazing. the japanese whiskys i've tried have been for the most part pretty good too.

Anyway, aren't you in Tassie? Don't you get free whisky as well as free entrance to MONA?

the free entry to MONA is nice, but i'd already been a couple of times before moving here and haven't felt the need to go again since. once you've seen a vagina wall and a machine that takes a dump already, it takes something new to bring you back.

i wish the whisky was free, they do a whisky weekend thing at strathgordon which is a small hydro town in the middle of the wilderness world heritage area. lots of tastings included plus a few nights accommodation. tempted to check that out next year, but its reasonably pricy.

tried the hellyer's road offerings and wasn't impressed. top of my list for overpriced tas whisky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

once you've seen a vagina wall and a machine that takes a dump
Those were my highlights (plus some high-tech stroboscopic installation simulating symmetry breaking at a quantum mechanical level or something).

Edit: actually saw a documentary of the artist taking the latex moulds for that vagina wall. Surprised they weren't selling it at the gift shop.

Last edited:
Those were my highlights (plus some high-tech stroboscopic installation simulating symmetry breaking at a quantum mechanical level or something).

Edit: actually saw a documentary of the artist taking the latex moulds for that vagina wall. Surprised they weren't selling it at the gift shop.

They do, don’t they? As chocolates.

Your plant looks like it needs a drop.

It's a cutting from another plant that Mrs B is trying to revive.
The experiment is not going well.

1944? Is it any good?

Flawless. Actually quite youthful. Old Australian fortified's are a goldmine of great wines.

Love a nice fortified.

Been to seppeltsfield a few times... Lovely port...

Auction sites like Langton's and MW Wines are goldmines for under appreciated fortified's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back