What are you drinking right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a night out last night to celebrate my birthday.

Had a nice few samples of rye & bourbon.

337509238_915135456275011_5710156959628243420_n.jpg

So which one should I be looking to try?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So which one should I be looking to try?

The best one we had wasn’t even in that photo. Few Straight Rye Whiskey was the stand out. The Jim Beam small batch was surprisingly good too.

The best one we had wasn’t even in that photo. Few Straight Rye Whiskey was the stand out. The Jim Beam small batch was surprisingly good too.

Cheers.
Will see if I can find the Few Straight here.
Currently the biggest and best booze shop is closed due to Ramadan.
All the other smaller places that are still open only carry mainstream sort of drinks.

Cheers.
All the other smaller places that are still open only carry mainstream sort of drinks.

FEW-STRAIGHT-RYE-750ml__PadWzEwMjQsMTAyNCwiRkZGRkZGIiwxMDBd.png

Cheers.

Rittenhouse was another good one, that would likely be in your neck of the woods as it's become quite mainstream.

Liked the Brewdog Punk IPA last week.
This week trying the Elvis Juice , grapefruit infused IPA as the bottle shop gave me a couple to try.
Not bad again.
IMG_3478.JPG

Michter’s Straight Rye. I don’t normally drink American whiskey but it was given to me as a present a couple years back. Very smooth, not too sweet, no idea if it’s good value for the price (around $115) but I’m really enjoying it.

Michters is always good quality but probably on the expensive side. They tend towards being more savoury than sweet compared to most American whiskies. Rittenhouse Rye is another good value rye.

Michters is always good quality but probably on the expensive side. They tend towards being more savoury than sweet compared to most American whiskies. Rittenhouse Rye is another good value rye.

I just looked it up and it has lots of good reviews, practically half the price of the Michters too. I’ll definitely give it a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanna drink old fashioneds with boober

How did I miss this when you posted it!
Always up for drinking and s**t-talking with you, brother.

One of the benefits of Mrs B working at a brewery is that I get a sneak peak at the new releases.
Keep an eye out for this one, it's an excellent beer. Nice flavour, not heavy and syrupy like a stout or porter, light and fresh with toasty flavours.

1689762522341.jpeg

Nikka is a blend if I'm not mistaken? There seems to be a snobbishness about single malts, but I find some of the better blended whiskies have more "body" to them for want of a better word.

Nikka Coffey Grain is really good. A touch sweeter than other blended whiskys but really smooth.

One of the benefits of Mrs B working at a brewery is that I get a sneak peak at the new releases.
Keep an eye out for this one, it's an excellent beer. Nice flavour, not heavy and syrupy like a stout or porter, light and fresh with toasty flavours.

View attachment 1744468
My daughter works at PL. She may well have designed that can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back