Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote "Lang said the Eagles had drawn inspiration from the famous Muhammad Ali 'rope a dope' tactic used againist George Foreman in the 'Rumble in the Jungle'.
He said they discussed the Ali tactic and had used tactics similar to further exacerbate their plight, including feigning injuries to key players Dan Krahe and Andy Bell." unquote

From the Mail Times 24/08/09

Just wondering what everyone thinks about the coming weeks games. The Eagles are pretenders and never should have beaten the saints. The demons could win that by 100 points or more. Apparently the saints were over confident before the eagles game and weren't prepared.

The Tigers have good form after a comfortable win over the warriors, and should provide a good opposition for the saints. I'd say the winner of the tigers and saints might make up the other half of the Horsham V's ???????? grand final for 09.

Just wondering what everyone thinks about the coming weeks games. The Eagles are pretenders and never should have beaten the saints. The demons could win that by 100 points or more. Apparently the saints were over confident before the eagles game and weren't prepared.

The Tigers have good form after a comfortable win over the warriors, and should provide a good opposition for the saints. I'd say the winner of the tigers and saints might make up the other half of the Horsham V's ???????? grand final for 09.

Just wondering why you say the eagles are pretenders?? they have beaten every team in the league. Exept horsham and nhill! Was just wanting to no why you call them pretenders!! wat a joke mate!!

quote "Lang said the Eagles had drawn inspiration from the famous Muhammad Ali 'rope a dope' tactic used againist George Foreman in the 'Rumble in the Jungle'.
He said they discussed the Ali tactic and had used tactics similar to further exacerbate their plight, including feigning injuries to key players Dan Krahe and Andy Bell." unquote

From the Mail Times 24/08/09
Lang being a PE teacher and not a history teacher, probably wouldn't know that Foreman smashed Ali the next time they fought.

Just wondering why you say the eagles are pretenders?? they have beaten every team in the league. Exept horsham and nhill! Was just wanting to no why you call them pretenders!! wat a joke mate!!

Beacuse they lost to Horsham by 79 and 99 points and Nhill by 60 and 56 points. They also lost to Horsham Saints by 68 points in round 17 and although they beat a lacklustre Horsham Saints last week, they only had 22 scoring shots to Saints 30. I acknowledge that bad kicking is bad football, but the eagles will not beat one of the other 3 teams left in there. They have only won once against a top 4 side in the regular season and only won 2 against finals sides for the year. Not a good average.

eagles vs saints this year WARRACK -2. SAINTS -1 if warrack meet the saints again i think they would be very worried

eagles vs saints this year WARRACK -2. SAINTS -1 if warrack meet the saints again i think they would be very worried
dont think the saints will be too worried as they thought they were too good on the day. Got way ahead of themselves. Could be the wake up call they need. As for H Lang, dave berryball may be on the money. rumour has harv on the way to natimuk. dont do it worm, waste of money.

Harvey Lang has been putting his name out with every club in the region. He wants to have the feeling of being sought after but he hasn’t had to many takers as yet. Interesting to see you are back on Brimackabeals band wagon after being banned from big footy for so long. Lang has done enormous damage to your club. I can’t imagine anyone but Natimuk picking him up. As you said at the start of the season, the eagles will be glad to be rid of him as soon as possible.

Banned? Brimackabeals?? Davey boy your safe a new egg has been born and is about to hatch!!!. good old fancy pants welcome to EGG OF THE YEAR!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wat was that!! well for a start the president for the last 3 years is a bloke that lives in brim and was a brim person. So i dont no why they would have been unhappy when one of there own was the one who appointed lang!!!!. They werent to happy they ****ing laughed there head off!! :D
Uni haha! who do you think you are my friend! Oh i forgot EGG OF THE YEAR!!!!!! AAAHAHAHAHAHA

i certainly hope you dont write for the mailtimes!! if so they should all be put in a cage and never let out!! i have just heard a rumor about you my friend!! EGG OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

What is going on? I have been saying completely ridiculous things about my club Horsham and have not heard a peep!
FP, nobody cares obviously. you may have new lights and get night footy and night cricket. night markets? the concept is great but, horsham and horsham united willl have to train elswhere or the ground will be be more worn out than it is already is.

Maybe we will see a time where city oval is nobody’s home ground and is used for marquee games. The Horsham football club only owns the upstairs of the main building.
spot on Fp, if you are involved with the evil empire as others call it, you will know that the oval cannot withstand the pounding it gets. You are right, the ground will only be used for games. training wears it out, not games. You and united may have to train at horsham college oval or haven if anything gets up and running.

Anyone catch Harvey Lang's press conference after his Eagles copped an almighty left hook from the Evil ones today? What words of wisdom did he give us? Roy Wards spray towards Lang in Wednesdays rag was a ripper too.

Final scores in ordinary conditions at Coughlin Park:

Horsham: 19.13 -127 def Eagles 7.7 - 49 ouch!

Yeah, the whole ‘psyching the other team out’ thing really backfired on him. Good to see Roy stand up for himself and expose Lang.
Didn’t hear anything from Lang today. Horsham were awesome. The eagles were never in it, the final scores tell the storey. A fourteen goal thumping.:eek:

Saints lucky to get up by 2 points on Nhill today.

Kelm and Butsch both reported. Kelm sniped a bloke from behind the play (not the first time this year) which was picked up by the central umpire, while Butsch was done by the boundary umpire for head butting Hargraves. Would be a disgrace if both receive anything less than 3 weeks...

Looks like eagles might have a GF birth, no Butsch and Kelm, no Saints...

Fish when was the first time that Kelm was have meant to of sniped somebody. Were you actually at that game or were you just reading the crap that was on the back page of the mail times.

Fish when was the first time that Kelm was have meant to of sniped somebody. Were you actually at that game or were you just reading the crap that was on the back page of the mail times.

After hearing a lot of talk of KELM being a bit of a sniper I had never seen it with my own eyes before today = 6 WEEKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back