Wfl 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the Mail Times the Big Balding Laviathan has been Best On for the Empire nearly every week. How many backmen have won the medal?

John Delahunty has been a standout for Minyip-Murtoa this year. He has played in several positions and has dominated in some big games that we have won. He is the favourite for our B and F and will pick up most our Toohey votes.
Not sure who the last back man was to win one but I am always amazed that Adam Carter only ever picks up one or two votes in years he has been a stand out.

John Delahunty has been a standout for Minyip-Murtoa this year. He has played in several positions and has dominated in some big games that we have won. He is the favourite for our B and F and will pick up most our Toohey votes.
Not sure who the last back man was to win one but I am always amazed that Adam Carter only ever picks up one or two votes in years he has been a stand out.

Yes i agree with you bakes, Tom Delahunty for the Toohey

I agree with Monoghan being the last backman to win it. He won it with 14 votes if i recall correctly, from Ben Walters from Nhill (who wasnt within 40 vote of the Nhill bnf).

Johns’y, not sure what you were on about in yesterdays paper. Last years grand final was the biggest gate for over a decade and the prelim at Murtoa was better attended then the last five grand finals. The more you have finals out of Horsham the bigger gates you get and the more you grow the league.

FP

You cannot go on $ gate alone. Last year was the dearest gate prices ever. Makes sense that gates will be higher in $ terms. This year prices are even higher again.

Also never believe the gate takings at City Oval finals. WFL pay 10-15% commission from gate. Makes sense to mark down gate as low as they can. I can asure you of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winners for this week??
Fair bit riding on it who will claim 5th position???

Sounds like finals pressure may be starting to take its toll.

Punch ups at Coughlin Park last weekend and some rough waters in Demon camp. Lets just say may be a good thing if Rebels win first final!!!!!

Surely they will play the rebels boys if they are available? It's not their fault they are playing in what is now considered a higher competition. Good problem to have for the demons and i guess their reserves will be much improved if all are available

Have not heard about any of that stuff from Coughlin Park. What was that all about???

Lets just say it involved furniture and the law enforcement!!!

Lets just say it involved furniture and the law enforcement!!!

Total beat up their Slenko. Nothing in this story.

The Saints going into this match with a number of players out. resting? Horsham also have a few out. Wouldn't think either team would be playing all their cards this week.

Total beat up their Slenko. Nothing in this story.

The Saints going into this match with a number of players out. resting? Horsham also have a few out. Wouldn't think either team would be playing all their cards this week.

Well there you go. Obviously it never happened cause you say it did not happen!!!

I have from numerous people that Steve Schultz is considering taking the reins and Horsham United next year. Does anyone know if there is some truth to this?

Big coin needed to secure the Schultz package. $40k plus was on offer last year from at least two Wimmera League clubs. Probably worth every cent.

The Saints were shocking yesterday giving up a huge chance, going down to the Eagles after leading all day.

The Saints kicked 9.21 75 to the Eagles 11.11 77.

Gavin Kelm kicked 1.9 for the day bringing up his 100 in the first quarter.

Too many squandered opportunities, and show pony stuff from the Saints who will need to turn things around pretty quick or will face a straight sets exit in the 2009 finals race.............

The Saints were shocking yesterday giving up a huge chance, going down to the Eagles after leading all day.

The Saints kicked 9.21 75 to the Eagles 11.11 77.

Gavin Kelm kicked 1.9 for the day bringing up his 100 in the first quarter.

Too many squandered opportunities, and show pony stuff from the Saints who will need to turn things around pretty quick or will face a straight sets exit in the 2009 finals race.............
What about Harvey Lang's ' Rope a Dope ' crap in the paper.
The only dope my friends is this guy. OK Saints lost, but when you have 10 more shots at goal, I wouldn't be comming out in the press with BS like that or the Dan Krahe and Bell consipiracy. Everybody in western Victoria knew that they were both going to play. The only person Lang is kidding is himself, when he thinks he'll be coaching the eagles after 2 weeks time.

What about Harvey Lang's ' Rope a Dope ' crap in the paper.
The only dope my friends is this guy. OK Saints lost, but when you have 10 more shots at goal, I wouldn't be comming out in the press with BS like that or the Dan Krahe and Bell consipiracy. Everybody in western Victoria knew that they were both going to play. The only person Lang is kidding is himself, when he thinks he'll be coaching the eagles after 2 weeks time.

Ha ha, just read the Mail Times. Absolutely silly stuff from Lang. God he talks some crap. Don't his boys play for the Saints?

Funny little photo of the pest Scott Batchelor at a Horsham Creche with the kids in the paper too. He looked like he belonged there, a few looked bigger than him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back