Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive get by Sunshine. Obviously for his AFL experience but I think even more impressive was the way he coached Darley to a couple of flags in a bloody good comp.

Interesting appointment after getting the arse from yarraville.

Attachments

• 66ADCA94-5B6B-46B1-9ABA-E0BBA29EF0AD.jpeg
    66ADCA94-5B6B-46B1-9ABA-E0BBA29EF0AD.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 499

He never played at Hoppers Crossing so don’t think that will impact his points still going to be 4 or 5 but no chance of being 7
But he was registered as a player in 2020. So to transfer to an opposition club in the same league occurs an extra point. Definitely a 6 pointer Zinger..

However if they class his been at 3 clubs in 3 years it will increase to 7.

He never played at Hoppers Crossing so don’t think that will impact his points

A bit of a grey area given he did not play a game - will be interesting to see if they count that and add a point - played 5 vfl games in 2019 so will definitely be 5 points....
I’ve never seen a player above 6 points though... is there a limit?

will be 6... no can go above 6 it’s the maximum.

Well past it?? Please explain? Seen him tear up local footy many times. Will dominate in WRFL but having said that haven’t seen much of Caroline Springs to see if they have a decent team.

Veszpremi and Will Young in the same 50 would be a headache for any opposition coach in WRFL

Veszpremi and Will Young in the same 50 would be a headache for any opposition coach in WRFL
Plus the big ruckman they picked up, played premier footy at Keilor

Veszpremi would play midfield or off half back. But can switch forward if needed. Seen him turn a game in premier in last quarter when moved to FF. Very versatile player and hard at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Veszpremi would play midfield or off half back. But can switch forward if needed. Seen him turn a game in premier in last quarter when moved to FF. Very versatile player and hard at it.
The guy is a 🤡. High risk move by Caro. He is one of the most selfish footballers I have seen. Will take strong coaching to keep his teammates from wanting to kill him after he sprays them for not kicking it to him U13’s style.

The guy is a 🤡. High risk move by Caro. He is one of the most selfish footballers I have seen. Will take strong coaching to keep his teammates from wanting to kill him after he sprays them for not kicking it to him U13’s style.
His usually encouraging the younger blokes mate. Hence why he went to “2” younger sides. Anyway your entitled to your opinion like everyone else 👍

You’re right, had a quick look and he was 7 points at Doutta Stars in 2016....I’m happy to admit I was wrong - first time I’ve a 7 point player! You’d definitely hope a 7 point player performed well

CS are probably sitting around 32-34 points heading into 2021 without the inclusions of their new recruits. Possibly be able to fit Veszpremi in at 6/7 points, but a really expensive points player.

Issue will be getting a clearance through for a contracted player. Similar thing that DP had to deal with last year in Cavka. Contracted player and DP couldn't work to get him released so its going to be difficult for CS to make a deal happen I would have thought. CS must know that there was going to be an issue, not mentioning that they have signed him on social media like all the other recruits the have signed.

With the salary cap halving as well, obviously CS are cooking the books to get him across from Hoppers. Veszpremi is not going there as he is a good bloke and wants to help kids develop.

CS are probably sitting around 32-34 points heading into 2021 without the inclusions of their new recruits. Possibly be able to fit Veszpremi in at 6/7 points, but a really expensive points player.

Issue will be getting a clearance through for a contracted player. Similar thing that DP had to deal with last year in Cavka. Contracted player and DP couldn't work to get him released so its going to be difficult for CS to make a deal happen I would have thought. CS must know that there was going to be an issue, not mentioning that they have signed him on social media like all the other recruits the have signed.

With the salary cap halving as well, obviously CS are cooking the books to get him across from Hoppers. Veszpremi is not going there as he is a good bloke and wants to help kids develop.
The difference with Cavka was that he actually played for Keilor and was a junior there. Veszpremi hasn’t yet played for hoppers. I do agree they might stand firm but this covid salary cap has changed the footy landscape somewhat.

I noticed your remark re help kids. My point was both Hoppers and Caroline Springs in growing areas with young lists so maybe that’s what inticed him to both clubs. Something obviously changed at Hoppers for him to want out! His an elite player with a decent resume so would have fielded plenty of calls/offers I would imagine.

The difference with Cavka was that he actually played for Keilor and was a junior there. Veszpremi hasn’t yet played for hoppers. I do agree they might stand firm but this covid salary cap has changed the footy landscape somewhat.

I noticed your remark re help kids. My point was both Hoppers and Caroline Springs in growing areas with young lists so maybe that’s what inticed him to both clubs. Something obviously changed at Hoppers for him to want out! His an elite player with a decent resume so would have fielded plenty of calls/offers I would imagine.
Come on you guys, get serious. There is only one reason why he wants out of Hoppers and wants to go to Caroline Springs and thats money. The WRFL and Deer Park proved that there is no control over Salary Caps.

Turbo he was asked to take a 50% cut like the rest of the players, and refused to do so. To think he is going there because he has a passion for developing young footballers is a bridge too far.

Turbo he was asked to take a 50% cut like the rest of the players, and refused to do so. To think he is going there because he has a passion for developing young footballers is a bridge too far.

If the salary cap has basically cut by half for 2021 in makes sense that all player should be taking a 50% cut. CS must have found a dollar or two to get him across the line. I heard he is a bit of a mercenary when it comes to money. Times have changed and every player need to make sacrifices.

Ok mate but if that’s the case he then has the right to move as the contract he signed in no longer void. Yes salary cap cut by 50% and it gets passed onto the players however that’s not the players fault. 50% is a decent cut for the better players so maybe it is a better offer. Unfortunately that could happen at a lot of clubs especially the recruits who might rely on footy income to balance wages. Just saying!!

Every player at hoppers got a 50% cut? Ummmm... 😉😉🤣

heard his contract that he signed actually says what the salary cap reduction is will be the same reduction in player payments. Guess he was hoping it was only a small percentage. maybe it is time he sticks to a deal and actually give a club some long term commitment for once. no matter which way you spin this now he is a mercenary in every sense. Hoppers are owed at least one year from him wouldn't you think Turbo?

What are people's thoughts on the new rules ( 3 players from both teams to be in the 50 for ALL stoppages, limited lateral movement for player on the mark and kick out from 15 metres as opposed to 10 now) being trialled in the VFL replacement league and to be implemented in 2022....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back