Western Region FL - Division One - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region FL - Division One

wont be down at training to ask the guy plus i dont even no the guy,as i think you no everything thought you would no

With all the questions you asked recently about Koutza and Doug and all the info you know on Melt Sth i assumed you were from there and would kno Doug.

i am out of the loop with what is going on with him so no info from me.

Re: Western Region FL - Division One

With all the questions you asked recently about Koutza and Doug and all the info you know on Melt Sth i assumed you were from there and would kno Doug.

i am out of the loop with what is going on with him so no info from me.
im just from the area and been just reading things in the local paper

Any truth to the rumour that the cats have signed a 36yr old former AFL premiership player from carlton

Any truth to the rumour that the cats have signed a 36yr old former AFL premiership player from carlton

Sounda like the same rumour i heard Gangster. Think he also played with essendon and at one stage tried out for the Aussie bobsled team. At the rumoured price of $1200 a game, he must have heard of the open cheque book at the cats. But i suppose if you have it, spend it. good luck to them. Will be a bit contradictory that Harro was asked to not play any more and Mants (around the same age) is expected to rack em up.

Great to see the real stuff is back tomorrow.
I have been interested in reading how the colts are off the radar, thought the club would have earnt more respect than that.
I can tell you now the club off field has never been in a better position than the last 10 years got some very powerful business men backing the club including the new prez.
Now i know the jacobs boys are big losses but expect everyone else to be covered, Josh Dempsey will cover clarke's loss, and hoath will be coverd with up and coming monster bobby ford, also perkins will be in tomorrow, may not have the depth through the middle but still alot of quality with julier,massis,twomey and macanulty & taylor (new) all in all a very competitive team will be on the paddock.

Colts will win tomorrow no doubt and we will be much better as the season goes.

Sounda like the same rumour i heard Gangster. Think he also played with essendon and at one stage tried out for the Aussie bobsled team. At the rumoured price of $1200 a game, he must have heard of the open cheque book at the cats. But i suppose if you have it, spend it. good luck to them. Will be a bit contradictory that Harro was asked to not play any more and Mants (around the same age) is expected to rack em up.

I think Glenn Manton is a bit younger (4 or 5 years) than Harro. Let's see how he goes this week end before saying he is over the hill.

Well i was there last night knocking back a couple of frothies and much to my amazement and i'm not 100% certain but this fellow flashed past me like a lightinig BOLT !

I have been interested in reading how the colts are off the radar, thought the club would have earnt more respect than that.
I can tell you now the club off field has never been in a better position than the last 10 years got some very powerful business men backing the club including the new prez.
Now i know the jacobs boys are big losses but expect everyone else to be covered, Josh Dempsey will cover clarke's loss, and hoath will be coverd with up and coming monster bobby ford, also perkins will be in tomorrow, may not have the depth through the middle but still alot of quality with julier,massis,twomey and macanulty & taylor (new) all in all a very competitive team will be on the paddock.

Perkins a big bonus was the differance (an explosve 15 minutes worth) last time the colts beat Spotty,
hard to imagine he's not playing at Werribee

have people been on the crack over summer or what... lets be honest west footscray will b lucky 2 get within 10goals of st.albans n thats being genrious with rain expected....... n sunshine heights 2 beat hoppers, lets b serious guys.
romour has it st.albans have picked up some decent recruits and have kept jenkins n sims.... players such as pisani, tieppo n all 3 stoot brothes have returned.... also nathan schroder from werribee vfl will b running out with the saints jumper, so lets not be silly wif our tips

have people been on the crack over summer or what... lets be honest west footscray will b lucky 2 get within 10goals of st.albans n thats being genrious with rain expected....... n sunshine heights 2 beat hoppers, lets b serious guys.
romour has it st.albans have picked up some decent recruits and have kept jenkins n sims.... players such as pisani, tieppo n all 3 stoot brothes have returned.... also nathan schroder from werribee vfl will b running out with the saints jumper, so lets not be silly wif our tips

st albans have lost quite a bit of talent its true, but seriously i still can't see them losing this one.
Why has everyone got off hoppers? seems no one gives last seasons preliminary finalists a shot for this week or the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

st albans have lost quite a bit of talent its true, but seriously i still can't see them losing this one.
Why has everyone got off hoppers? seems no one gives last seasons preliminary finalists a shot for this week or the year?[/quote

hoppers lost some of there top liners, off the top of my head - beazley,taylor,miles,thomas,downey and throw in koutzamanis when fit. there is prob a few more but i cant think of them, i think the big thing is they havent brought anyone in whilst other teams have recruited well. time will tell tomorrow with hoppers.

well i see a new player for the saints r. lambertie is a gun getting on in age but i tell you will one of the better players going arond in the wrfl this year

eager to hear your match review, maybe cindy,bloods and co can help

Kangas were good - but Albion were not flash and seemed off the boil from the first bounce, Could not honestly tell you about their recruits, as none really stood out, Not sure if manton got much of a touch, he was well held by Hedditch and bright with players dropping back into the space. Manton came off early in the 3rd qtr and didn't return. Albion focused n getting the ball to manton in the first qtr and just didn't pay off.
Jess McInneny did well to ruck most of the day with the absecnce of tom Millar, against Philpot who seem to ruck 90% of the day for Albion. Russell Douglas was very good also. Albion were very slow.. and seem to tire early. Missed Harrisons hardness at the ball contest.
Wiggins was good for the kanga's ith 4 goals and was a presence, Bellingham was good and chipped in with 3 goals. Goring playing his 300th game lead from the front and Foley just dominated, played the game at his own pace. Brett did well and lead from the front. Young fellas in their first game up from the 18's were good, hard at it. Kangas did well to hold Albion to 1 goal for 3 qtrs, and tired in the last to let them kick 3 in the last.
Albion felt they were hard done by, by the umps but sunshine were just first to the ball and lead the way from the first bounce. Things I notice Sunshines tackling and pressure was impeccable, they ran the ball well, and their backline was rentlentless in just clearing the ball out of the back 50. Only injury concern was Hedditch late in the last qtr. Still to return Jake Trevaskis (Co-Captain), Cory Connor and Tom Millar - so some genuine quality to come back into the team
Hard to pick best players as it was genuinly a team effort, but it is only round 1 and there are 17 weeks to go.. So while its great to beat the old rivals , we have another big game next week against Hoppers. But a good start!!

this week looks to have a few closer results, hoppers vs sunshine should be a ripper, also st albans vs port colts should be a pretty good game

Round 1. Predictions

Altona v
Glenorden - Tip Altona despite injuries, with Glenordens player losses, though have picked up a couple of handy recruits. (Correct)
Heights v Hoppers - Heights will improve this season and at home Round 1 will be fired up, but Hoppers will win with a little bit more class.(Correct)

Spotty v Colts - Put simply reigning premiers and with Keenan back start flag favourites, at home and with Colts losses should win easily.(Correct)

St Albans v West Foots - No brainer, St Albans will be on top after this weeks games with a massive win.(Correct)

Kangas v Cats - Both clubs recruited well and big rivals make for Match of the Day. On loyalty I'll stick with my boys (the Kanga's) and wish Cougar all the best on debut in what will be a great day of footy at Kindersmith. No doubt the Cats remain a little bit of an unknown and no secret spending big, but the Kanga's are a bit of an unknown as well. (Correct)

Bring on round 2.

eager to hear your match review, maybe cindy,bloods and co can help[/quote

No match review , just my thoughts on the game , Spotty were fitter and ran a lot harder to find space and won the match easily no surprises there.

Every-one involved at the Club know's we are in a rebuilding phase,yesterday's team was our youngest and most inexpierenced in about 8 years and hopefully they will have learnt what it's like to play against a class side and what is needed to compete with them.

They competed very well but Spotty's run was to much after half way thru the second quarter,very proud of our effort though we can only improve on yesterday.

One final point the umpiring was very ordinary,to many decisions for holding the ball against Spotty players went unrewarded from both umpires, i agree wouldn't have changed the result but does have a big bearing on the flow of play at times.

Kangas were good - but Albion were not flash and seemed off the boil from the first bounce, Could not honestly tell you about their recruits, as none really stood out, Not sure if manton got much of a touch, he was well held by Hedditch and bright with players dropping back into the space. Manton came off early in the 3rd qtr and didn't return. Albion focused n getting the ball to manton in the first qtr and just didn't pay off.
Jess McInneny did well to ruck most of the day with the absecnce of tom Millar, against Philpot who seem to ruck 90% of the day for Albion. Russell Douglas was very good also. Albion were very slow.. and seem to tire early. Missed Harrisons hardness at the ball contest.
Wiggins was good for the kanga'ss ith 4 goals and was a presence, Bellingham was good and chipped in with 3 goals. Goring playing his 300th game lead from the front and Foley just dominated, played the game at his own pace. Brett did well and lead from the front. Young fellas in their first game up from the 18's were good, hard at it. Kangas did well to hold Albion to 1 goal for 3 qtrs, and tired in the last to let them kick 3 in the last.
Albion felt they were hard done by, by the umps but sunshine were just first to the ball and lead the way from the first bounce. Things I notice Sunshines tackling and pressure was impeccable, they ran the ball well, and their backline was rentlentless in just clearing the ball out of the back 50. Only injury concern was Hedditch late in the last qtr. Still to return Jake Trevaskis (Co-Captain), Cory Connor and Tom Millar - so some genuine quality to come back into the team
Hard to pick best players as it was genuinly a team effort, but it is only round 1 and there are 17 weeks to go.. So while its great to beat the old rivals , we have another big game next week against Hoppers. But a good start!!

The cat's failed to gel at all sat, which is to be expected when trying to change the culture with a load of new guys at a footy club.

Although perhaps a load of credit needs to go to Jacob's as YC just picked us a part through their run and carry, We will bounce back but it seems harro may need to be around to direct traffic. Because I'm sure the run is there but we need more direction, Richards will help us plenty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back